Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 17:14   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Even though Creta and XUV belong to different segments, however, I get this feeling that top-end variant buyers of Creta will choose the Korean car over XUV. No offenses to XUV owners though. Worst hit has to be the Ford Ecosport (of course, if priced sensibly).
keeprevving is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:18   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
RevenAvi, are you sure the interiors belongs to SX and not SX(O)? Why I ask this is because the picture has Push-button start. But it was very clear from the exterior pictures that SX did not have request sensors on the outer-door handles. I do not think Hyundai will give push-button start but no request sensors - I mean, they are part of the same package, ain't it?
If you see his previous posts, he is deducing the variant based on the steering mounted controls. SX(O) has two knobs on the left-side of the steering wheel.

Maybe there are 5 variants of the Creta- Base, S, S(O), SX, SX(O)
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:27   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Only 2 airbags? Even on the top end version? That is going to be a disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
This is obviously not the full list of features per variant.
+1.

MotorOctane's scoop seems like it was picked up by hearsay from an insider. I would rather wait till a more concrete source (like a "leaked" brochure! *wink*wink*) reveals the full details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
If what Motor Octane says is true, then the automatic will be available on both the SX and SXO trims.
Definitely. And it will cater to a broader spectrum of customers. Hyundai might be targeting a whole range - right from the EcoSport till the XUV 500!

Remember, it will be the ONLY automatic in this segment when launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Are you sure this is the SX variant?
Quote:
Are you sure the interiors belongs to SX and not SX(O)? Why I ask this is because the picture has Push-button start. But it was very clear from the exterior pictures that SX did not have request sensors on the outer-door handles.
Only way to clarify, is by looking AGAIN at all 3 pictures of the interior dashboard "leaked" so far:

This is the one which we "presumed" is of the SX.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretainteriorsx.gif

And this is the one sent by birdie.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-image_lr.jpg

This is the SX (O), according to us.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretadashboardsxo.gif

It's very clear that *TWO* distinctly separate variants have the touchscreen Head Unit in them.

If I have to hazard a guess, based on Motor Octane's scoop, the first picture could be of the S-variant, the second picture could be the SX-variant, and the third picture could be the SX (O) variant. Reason? In the first picture (non-touchscreen HU one), I don't see a passenger airbag.

Or Hyundai might be playing tricks on us - the first picture could be the SX, the second could be the SX AT (with optional touchscreen HU), and the third picture could be of the SX (O). If that is so, then Cruise Control (if offered) could be exclusive to the SX (O).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th June 2015 at 17:40.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:37   #574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Only way to clarify, is by looking AGAIN at all 3 pictures of the interior dashboard "leaked" so far:

This is the one which we "presumed" is of the SX.
Attachment 1386050

And this is the one sent by birdie.
Attachment 1386051

This is the SX (O), according to us.
Attachment 1386052

It's very clear that *TWO* distinctly separate variants have the touchscreen Head Unit in them.

Or Hyundai might be playing tricks on us - the first picture could be the SX, the second could be the SX (O) manual, and the third picture could be of the SX (O) Automatic. If that is so, then Cruise Control (if offered) could be exclusive to the SX (O) Automatic, with all other features as common between the SX (O) manual and SX (O) Automatic variants. This could be done by Hyundai so as to keep some demarcation between the manuals and the automatics.
My guess is first picture is SX manual. Second picture is SX automatic. It has push button start and sat nav but steering wheel is not leather wrapped.

Third photo is SX(O) with all the features.

Ecosport AT was similar. They had start/stop and 6 airbags on the AT Titanium but not on the MT titanium.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:44   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My guess is first picture is SX manual. Second picture is SX automatic. It has push button start and sat nav but steering wheel is not leather wrapped. Third photo is SX(O) with all the features.
Exactly what I was thinking right now, Vid. Thanks for the clarification!

Twin-buttons on the steering wheel on left means that it's exclusive to the topmost variant, i.e., SX (O). The similar steering-wheel layouts in the first 2 pictures definitely indicate a similar variant, i.e., SX.

There's another possibility that the SX might come with an option of adding the touchscreen HU separately but that might not be the case, in the end.

I have asked birdie for clarification on this, sending him all 3 pictures and a link to my post above. Hopefully he answers back by tonight!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:47   #576
BHPian

Quote:
But it was very clear from the exterior pictures that SX did not have request sensors on the outer-door handles. I do not think Hyundai will give push-button start but no request sensors - I mean, they are part of the same package, ain't it?
Yes, push-button start without request sensors doesn't make any sense. But it could be 'touch sensors' as well. But there is no good reason to believe a touch sensor on a vehicle below 20L

Eg : Smart entry on Toyota Prado
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:57   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Exactly what I was thinking right now, Vid. Thanks for the clarification!

I have asked birdie for clarification on this, sending him all 3 pictures and a link to my post above. Hopefully he answers back by tonight!
Could you please also ask the Birdie if the A/T Gearbox is 4 Speed or 6 Speed
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 17:57   #578
BHPian

It looks like the only missing part is Cruise Control and some fundamental SUV features like EBD/BA/HA etc.
If the above are offered, Duster/Terrano/...(XUV some extent) can run for money..

I think the most USP is Automatic. I even myself, exchange my duster with this car(shall I say SUV).
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 18:47   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Well even i had similar thoughts and felt they will price it premium to the ecosport as well as the duster, i frankly thought the top end ix25 will be pricier than the top end Verna , but a bit of digging around ( and i cannot reveal the source) tells me that they will price it (the top end of ix25) between the i20 top end and the Verna top end respectively .

Also the feature list i heard includes but not limited to .

1. Hill assist
2. Projector head lamps
3. Cornering lamps
4. Rear power outlet
5. 7" AVN screen
6. 5 spoke diamond cut 17" alloys
7 . 6 air bags

And the the 1.6 L diesel is expected to come with the AT as well as the MT

Of course i expect all these features to come with the top variant ONLY.

Now with that price and these features the Creta ix25 has the potential to become the most sought after mini SUV. In any case in a couple of weeks Hyundai will launch it and dispel any speculation and yes i am one of those waiting for the launch.
Just "quoting" myself , the top end will most likely have the 6 airbags,regarding the drive it self, the source said as per Hyundai this one s got the best drive among all Hyundai cars made in India till date ( now i am not sure if this includes the elantra and the Santa Fe). We will know this in a couple of weeks.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 19:53   #580
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Just "quoting" myself , the top end will most likely have the 6 airbags,regarding the drive it self, the source said as per Hyundai this one s got the best drive among all Hyundai cars made in India till date ( now i am not sure if this includes the elantra and the Santa Fe). We will know this in a couple of weeks.

So that makes it between 10-15 Lakhs OTR. Vow. If the auto transmission SXO CRDi launches at 15 Lakhs OTR, and it drives as good as the Elantra ,my Punto will be replaced by the Creta. Hyundai just show me where to sign.
So I will have an Elantra, Creta auto and an I10 grand auto in my garage.LOL. Who would have thought Hyundai will make such rapid progress. I used to hate the Hyundai's till a few years ago. Thumbs up.

So at this price it will decimate the Duster twins and the Ecosport. The collateral damage will also be the Verna.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 25th June 2015 at 20:03.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 20:03   #581
Senior - BHPian

It's funny how many of us here are asking for 6 airbags, '6 airbags'. Going by how most Indians totally avoided the 6 airbags variant of i20 and bought the 1 variant cheaper, it makes no sense to Hyundai to spend money and make a variant hardly anyone is going to buy. We all know that's the reason Hyundai didn't feature 6 airbags on their top variant of i20 elite again..

I am willing to bet most of us asking for 6 airbags will not go for it, citing higher price, x y and z stories. What are we thinking, 6 airbags will come cheap? Or later, we'll claim 'oh, 6 airbags are only on the top variant'. Like we don't know now that it is how Hyundai will build their variants.

Will wait and watch on this when the creta launches..
k_ajay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 20:10   #582
BHPian

Is the Creta based on the i20 platform? If so, then Hyundai has a good thing going with spinning three cars - i20, i20 cross and creta - from the same platform. And i20 and the creta look quite different.
Maybe, Tata should borrow a page from Hyundai's book on how to design and re-skin their cars.
Old 25th June 2015, 21:16   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Could you please also ask the Birdie if the A/T Gearbox is 4 Speed or 6 Speed
Frankly, admire just how well the Hyundai social media team is masterminding the leaks strategically. The way the spy shots hid the automatic gear markings was masterful

Guys, don't forget, they also follow TBHP. Masking a 4AT (if so!) as long as possible makes business sense!

Trust me, if they wanted to, the Koreans would have stripped every dealer owner down to their underpants to check for mobile phones. These are all orchestrated leaks and they are a huge success
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 22:34   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Frankly, admire just how well the Hyundai social media team is masterminding the leaks strategically.

These are all orchestrated leaks and they are a huge success
And their timings couldn't be more perfect.

Showing the undisguised cars just before opening the official bookings and taking the Creta microsite live - their marketing firm needs a huge pat in the back.

Which reminds me, for those still wondering if it will be an only-diesel launch or a simultaneous petrol-diesel launch, let's go back to 20th June when Team-BHPian klassics45 spotted the uncamouflaged Creta SX (O) CRDI for the very first time. The very same day, Motoroids reported spotting an undisguised Creta in Black color as well.

Those 2 sightings started all the buzz, but if one failed to notice something different about the black Creta, here it is:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta-black-04.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta-black-05.jpg

For reference, here's the same rear portion of the diesels:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta-red-sx-03.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-creta-grey-02.jpg

We can safely conclude that the Creta petrols are fully ready, and the launch might most definitely be a simultaneous petrol-diesel launch.

And, ponder over this - a Midas Gold/Retro Shine CRDI and a Phantom Black VTVT running on the streets of Chennai, fully un-camouflaged and undisguised, on the very same day!

Coincidence? No chance.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 07:01   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that the glitzy stuff is largely established and looks also confirmed as a mini Santa Fe, what is left is ride, ride, ride. Hyundai has traditionally got this aspect wrong making their cars simply too soft and frankly uncomfortable for highway runs. In this case, being a crossover, they will need even better calibration.

If they can crack this aspect the Terrano & Duster is dead in the water. Not so much Terrano with its better interiors though. The Duster is going to be hit with its very very basic interiors, especially for the base versions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks