Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:06   #481
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Why cant we in india get the same variant in china with the panoramic sunroof and AWD? I totally agree india is being treated like a 4th world here.

It's been a standard practice in India for manufacturers to keep a few goodies on hand for the facelifts/limited edition models.

The panoramic sunroof, AWD, dual aircon and probably ventilated seats will make their arrival on a limited edition model/ facelift in the future. They normally resort to this, to be able to compete on pricing initially. Once the model has stabilised and is doing well they introduce other features and bump up the price.

The Elantra/Verna though fully loaded were not available with projector lights.It was then introduced on the facelift.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 22nd June 2015 at 08:09.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:39   #482
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Just spoke to Hyundai Dealer in Chandigarh. They are accepting bookings of Creta for Rs 50000/-
The Lady also mentioned that in case of cancellation of booking Rs 3000/- will be deducted. Is this the norm ?
Waiting for clarification before booking
Old 22nd June 2015, 13:53   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Just spoke to Hyundai Dealer in Chandigarh. They are accepting bookings of Creta for Rs 50000/-
The Lady also mentioned that in case of cancellation of booking Rs 3000/- will be deducted. Is this the norm ?
By convention (law), booking amount for anything, be it a flat, or car, is fully refundable. The dealer cannot deduct any money from that. Its a malpractice for sure.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:03   #484
BHPian

I am not sure if Hyundai India has officially opened bookings. My local dealer, Hyundai Motor Plaza in Okhla told me they will start accepting bookings July 10 onwards.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:09   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the official bookings have started. But if customers let dealership play the fool with their money, this trend is going to continue. Put your foot down & tell them to give in writing that they'll refund the complete amount.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:40   #486

Any body has any idea about the automatic transmission? Will it be a 4-speed like Verna or a 6-speed one from Elantra?
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:56   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think the official bookings have started. Put your foot down & tell them to give in writing that they'll refund the complete amount.
Thanks , i had a suspicion too and hence the clarification was sought.
I had asked them to send me a mail, stating the amount required for booking of Creta and how much will be cut in case of cancellation, which has not arrived in last one hr atleast, so seems the dealer was playing tricks.
Am gonna wait till the official launch.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:02   #488
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Put your foot down & tell them to give in writing that they'll refund the complete amount.

Sorry for this OT question. But what if the dealer refuses to give any confirmation on this. What if he says that as per "his rules" he will deduct a % in case of cancellation. Can it be contested as per "law" ?
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:19   #489
BHPian

Quote:
They can't deduct anything. It's contrary to the law. I'm a lawyer at Delhi High Court so you can safely rely on my statement.
FidoDido is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:28   #490
BHPian

May be I'm late to join the party. I think Hyundai has done a decent job designing the car, specially giving it a sante fe like front looks. Overall profile looks decent and better proportioned than Ecosport. Considering Hyundai's expertise in Indian market, it can be another big success for them.

Contrary to this, I wonder why companies like VW, Honda, Toyota are not showing enough interest in this segment. specially when they have products that can fit the bill. Honda HR-V/Vezel, VW taigun/tiguan, Toyota RAV4 are some of the options that could give this segment a lot of competition.
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:35   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
May be I'm late to join the party. I think Hyundai has done a decent job designing the car, specially giving it a sante fe like front looks. Overall profile looks decent and better proportioned than Ecosport. Considering Hyundai's expertise in Indian market, it can be another big success for them.

Contrary to this, I wonder why companies like VW, Honda, Toyota are not showing enough interest in this segment. specially when they have products that can fit the bill. Honda HR-V/Vezel, VW taigun/tiguan, Toyota RAV4 are some of the options that could give this segment a lot of competition.
RAV4 is bigger and is in CRV class. Other vehicles are costlier compared to Hyundai and even if they bring them, would not match feature wise to Hyundai.
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:47   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Other vehicles are costlier compared to Hyundai and even if they bring them, would not match feature wise to Hyundai.
Yes I know those cars are costlier than Hyundai but atleast people will have some options specially if they price them below 10L. Vezel is based on Jazz and Taigun is basically built on Polo platform. So it is not impossible to get them here at 10L starting point.
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:29   #493
BHPian

Is it just me or does the door design looks lifted from Dzire? I didnt particularly like it. In times of larger windows and better viewability, i think the smaller windows dont do justice to this otherwise great looking car
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:47   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post

Sorry for this OT question. But what if the dealer refuses to give any confirmation on this. What if he says that as per "his rules" he will deduct a % in case of cancellation. Can it be contested as per "law" ?
If there are 1000 customers who are ok with anything in this world, the dealer wouldn't bother for one customer who play by the rules.

Second question is, who'll take pains to go the legal way & spend their 4-5 years to get justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
They can't deduct anything. It's contrary to the law. I'm a lawyer at Delhi High Court so you can safely rely on my statement.
But this hardly is followed. AFAIK, Even handling charges are illegal, but all dealerships charge hefty sum for it. If you are not ready to pay, they may not sell you the car.
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:07   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Off-topic:

If there are 1000 customers who are ok with anything in this world, the dealer wouldn't bother for one customer who play by the rules.

Second question is, who'll take pains to go the legal way & spend their 4-5 years to get justice.
Exactly. If 900 out of those 1000 say, "ridiculous, I will wait till the car is available" and walk off, we wont have the need for this topic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks