Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:12   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Is it just me or does the door design looks lifted from Dzire? I didnt particularly like it. In times of larger windows and better viewability, i think the smaller windows dont do justice to this otherwise great looking car
Wholeheartedly agree. Those rear windows are very claustrophobic especially combined with a black theme. For a short to medium short person, he/she will not even be able to see out of the window!
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:50   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
If the facelifted Verna 1.6 Diesel is offered with a 4- speed AT, is it probable they would offer the 6- speed with the Creta?
Booking has started in Chennai today - 25K Booking amount
comparison shared by one of sales reps
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img20150612wa0004.jpg  

virgovencat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:39   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Booking has started in Chennai today - 25K Booking amount
comparison shared by one of sales reps
Again its speculative with multiple *. No point putting your money down and let these dealers go laughing to the bank. As I said earlier, I am not getting a very good feeling in terms of equipment they will offer.
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:48   #499
Senior - BHPian

Creta looks pretty stately and well proportioned. No quirkiness of Duster or even traditional hyundai designs. We can be assured that Hyundai will surely package it with good build quality, class leading interior quality, decent space, good engine options esp great in diesel.

Keeping the above in mind, if Hyundai prices it well and manages a non-boat handling SUV I dont see any reason why it wont be a hit like i20 Elite. In my view the products that will really get impacted are Duster/Terrano/Ecosport. Someone can argue that these cars will ride better or Duster is certainly class leading but then its equally lacking coming to interiors, features and vfm tag.

Last edited by supertinu : 22nd June 2015 at 18:56.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:20   #500
BHPian

I have been wondering right from the day the initial leaks came... considering the less than satisfactory ride & handling of Hyundai cars escpecially at higher speeds, wouldn't it be even worse in the creta considering its taller ?
Bhodrolok is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:27   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Couple of pics shared by Facebook user Kathir Raj.

The Hyundai Creta SX in Red, fresh off the factory production floor!
RavenAvi, are you sure the cherry red Creta is of SX trim? Most of the Creta (iX25) spied in India (even the ones caught last week) had the beautiful diamond cut gunmetal alloys and chrome door handles. I (and most of us) presumed that the same will make it to the top end production model as well. Now the factory shots with clean silver alloys in SX, does not seem to be true - especially with Hyundai giving diamond cut alloys in ALL of its cars' top trims - Grand i10, Xcent, i20, i20 Active and Verna. Most of these have clean silver alloys in the model below top trim. Also most Hyundai's have chrome door handles in lower trims as well. So, my bet is that the captured red cherry Creta is of the one below top end. If at all it is SX, we will get an SX(O) variant.

Last edited by Vigkey : 22nd June 2015 at 19:33. Reason: Added more reasoning
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:51   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
RavenAvi, are you sure the cherry red Creta is of SX trim? Most of the Creta (iX25) spied in India (even the ones caught last week) had the beau If at all it is SX, we will get an SX(O) variant.
It is the SX for sure, as the spy images from Motoroids posted earlier in the thread have the Variant clearly visible and have the same alloys/door handles as in the images posted by RavenAvi

The Diamond Cut alloys look gorgeous on the Creta and should definitely make way atleast on the SX(O) Variant instead of these alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-1434810237211.jpg  

Last edited by amit_2025 : 22nd June 2015 at 19:53.
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 20:43   #503
BANNED

The C- pillar in creta looks too a bit awkward. The duster scorpio and storme offers a glass window there.

Though the look wise creta is very neat and well designed. But somehow i feel(my personal opinion) that it surely looks like a stretched Swift and the c-pillar without glass reminds me of getz.
Old 22nd June 2015, 20:49   #504
BHPian

Quote:
I have been wondering right from the day the initial leaks came... considering the less than satisfactory ride & handling of Hyundai cars escpecially at higher speeds, wouldn't it be even worse in the creta considering its taller ?
Proportions shared above indicate it has least height and least GC than the competition.
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:38   #505
BHPian

One thing i noticed. The creta has a pretty low Ground clearance. Yes this will make it better in handling and turns without boat like handling but then its termed as a mini SUV, so why make it so low?
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:51   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I am sorry bud I have not driven Indian Elantra and hence cannot compare the two. However weighing against the other vehicles of the same class (Corolla, lancer & Civic) the handling was not that great. The suspension was not exactly soft but the car was very un-engaging.

Agree with you there, its all about the mass appeal. Still I feel that while initial sales gets driven by the looks - over the time the other factors like utility of the vehicle and the quality of drive starts influencing the charts too.
i20 kept doing great numbers till the end even though the petrol variant was extremely underpowered to drive and handling was sub par.

Creta looks great, i really really hope it handles well too. I want to buy an AT by end of the year and have my eyes set on this, but if the handling is the norm of Hyundai, i would rather go for a 2-3 yr old AT Sedan (Jetta, Corolla) at the same price.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:21   #507
BHPian

Going against the tide, I for one dislike the face and side profile of Creta; it looks very Toyish to me. I appreciate the rear design though.

I'd say this Hyundai certainly lacks the aggression of a Duster, the elan of a Terrano or the futuristic looks of Ecosport. But at the end of the day, Creta will probably outsell these three if they position it between Ecosport and Duster. Koreans know what mass market wants.
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:29   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdie drops the following information:

- All Hyundai dealership owners in India have been invited to Chennai to test-drive and check out the Creta in person, from today till the 24th of June.

- Media Drive is scheduled for the end of the month, i.e., 28th to 30th June. Invitations have already been sent out to all major automotive publications/websites. (bet Team-BHP is one of them!)

- Cars will arrive at dealerships nationwide from 3rd July onwards for local RTO registration/approval procedures.

- First lot of cars will arrive at dealerships before 21st July, the date of launch. Each lot will have 5-6 cars per dealership, depending on their sizes. They will be available for immediate delivery, post-launch.

- Official brochures of the Creta will reach the dealerships by 15th of July. Of course, it will be made available from 21st July only.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd June 2015 at 23:31.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 08:38   #509
Senior - BHPian

Somehow the back reminds me of a stretched i20. The front does look grand, dare I say that it looks like the Santa Fe. Hyundai has never gone wrong with the looks, so no surprises here.

In an interview, Rakesh Srivatsava said the car will be spacious, feature laden and best in class.

Just remains to see what range it's priced at.

Note: I don't think Creta/S-Cross is going to beat Duster at Ride/Handling easily.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:13   #510
Senior - BHPian

I was not really following the technical specs of this SUV. I feltthat Creta is sub-4m but looking at latest pics, this looks like a baby santa fe that is being launched to compete with Duster and the S-cross(in terms of pricing as well !!)

I see atleast 3xxx per month sales for Hyundai. Time to recover lost sales figure of Verna.

Good to see auto makers offering powerful engines, 1.6ltr engines generating over 100 BHP and the FE that we Indians crave
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks