Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2015, 12:31   #466
BHPian

Sweet! That cherry red looks dashing on the Creta. The side profile in the first pic gives it a prev.gen Range Rover'esque silhouette. Hyundai as usual has nailed it with the looks, features are a granted, the performance is to be seen but they are surely out for the kill with this machine.

Last edited by tjacob : 21st June 2015 at 12:37.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 12:54   #467
Senior - BHPian

Boh oh boy, does this look beautiful or very beautiful. Unlike the S Cross, the design looks so fresh, the high stance and the suv type looks will make sure this is a big hit.

Hyundai is a very hard working company and am sure this will decimate the competition in this segment if priced right. What a beautiful looking car this is.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 13:01   #468
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

With Hyundai and Maruti now entering this segment with serious intent, I think the likes of the Ruster are going to have to get priced more realistically.

End of temporary party, Renault-Nissan!
Steeroid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 13:22   #469
BHPian

While the design is nothing new and is as expected, I am not amused with the wheels. Giving 16 inchers plain jane alloys on an SX model speaks volumes of how us Indians are treated like 4th world. I am sure many good to have features will be omitted in the name of the so called Global first launch. I for one would love to have diamond cut alloys, 1.6 Diesel AT AWD, panoramic roof, cruise control, ESP, 8 airbags to name a few, most of which will not be available in the Creta.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 21st June 2015 at 13:27.
Old 21st June 2015, 14:08   #470
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing those pictures of the Creta in red, RavenAvi! It looks sharp and sophisticated.

No factory employee would risk his/her job by leaking such pictures, and visitors are generally not allowed to snap away. So it looks like a "controlled" leak or one "authorised" by Hyundai to keep the excitement levels up.

I hope they don't get carried away by all the buzz and excitement this vehicle has generated. They need to keep their feet firmly on the ground, equip the variants sensibly (especially with regard to safety features) and price the car intelligently. And that means a 6-speed AT, 6 airbags on the top variant, at least a couple of petrol variants, and diesel variants with the 90 PS 1.4 CRDi (with adequate safety features) priced below the one million rupee mark.

Hyundai should not forget that they're taking on several vehicles with the Creta. Maruti Suzuki's new S-Cross with Fiat's 1.6 MJD tuned to churn out 32 kg.m of torque is just one capable vehicle that's competing directly against the Creta. Then there are the very accomplished Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano twins with that unmatched French "magic carpet" ride quality and the K9K in 85 PS & 110 PS guises.

In terms of price, some variants of the Creta would also compete against 7-seaters like the recently face lifted monocoque XUV5OO and the older body-on-frame vehicles like Scorpio and Safari. Ford's EcoSport is also an indirect competitor, even if it happens to be a sub-4m vehicle enjoying a lower excise slab.

If Hyundai are smart, they would not ignore petrol heads, as only the Duster / Terrano would be direct competitors, which have a pricing disadvantage because of their 1.6 litre petrol engine (which attracts a higher excise).

The 1.0 Kappa T-GDi would be the ideal petrol engine option for Creta. With an output of 120 PS & 172 Nm, a petrol Creta equipped with this small capacity direct injection turbo petrol can corner the 4m+ petrol SUV market and also take the fight to the sub-4m EcoSport with its award winning 1.0 EcoBoost.

Hyundai must acccelerate localisation of the 1.0 Kappa T-GDi as it can also power many other Hyundais on sale in India. It would be nice if this turbo-petrol makes its debut in India first (on the Creta).

Last edited by RSR : 21st June 2015 at 14:11.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 14:45   #471
AWD
BHPian

How bigger is this vehicle than the Eco-Sport ? & when is the Maruti mini Suv launching ? Both these would go head to head leaving behind Renault & Fords as both Maruti & Hyundai command better market in India, due to reasons well known.
Old 21st June 2015, 15:03   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
How bigger is this vehicle than the Eco-Sport ? & when is the Maruti mini Suv launching ? Both these would go head to head leaving behind Renault & Fords as both Maruti & Hyundai command better market in India, due to reasons well known.
The Creta is ~4.23 m long and is bigger than EcoSport. Maruti's EcoSport rival ( YBA) is expected an early 2016 launch.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 15:12   #473
AWD
BHPian

Thanks Volk, will surely check out the vehicle when its launched as I was looking for a vehicle thats a shade bigger than Eco-Sport.

Any ideas on Hyundai Spare Parts availability in the open market, have they allowed the sale of spare parts outside the authorised Service stations ? or can buy spares over the counter & get the work done from elsewhere as per customers wishes.
Old 21st June 2015, 15:19   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Volk, will surely check out the vehicle when its launched as I was looking for a vehicle thats a shade bigger than Eco-Sport.

Any ideas on Hyundai Spare Parts availability in the open market, have they allowed the sale of spare parts outside the authorised Service stations ? or can buy spares over the counter & get the work done from elsewhere as per customers wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Creta is ~4.23 m long and is bigger than EcoSport. Maruti's EcoSport rival ( YBA) is expected an early 2016 launch.
If you are looking at a CUV , bigger than EcoSport then Hyundai's Creta and Maruti's S Cross( July launch) will fit you. Test drive and see which suits you. S Cross's 1.6 MJD will fall in as the hot (performance) CUV to watch out!

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st June 2015 at 15:23.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 15:38   #475
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a mixed bag.

Commonly used genuine Hyundai spares may be available in the open market, but it's not easy to find them. There are loads of fakes masquerading as original Hyundai spares in the open market, so I would avoid this channel (of spare parts market/shops) if I'm looking for original spares.

Original Hyundai spares are available for sale at authorised Mobis dealers, and this is slowly being expanded to more cities. We have a thread on this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ugh-mobis.html

Other than this, spares are available for sale over-the-counter, but not at all dealers.

I have purchased spare parts over-the-counter from both Hyundai Motor Plaza and DSC Hyundai in Chennai, but KUN Hyundai did not sell them over-the-counter when I last asked (no idea about the other dealers in Chennai). So I guess it depends on the dealership.

I hope every city gets an authorised Mobis parts dealership soon.

99rpm have started selling Hyundai spares online now:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3734262

Last edited by RSR : 21st June 2015 at 15:50.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 16:35   #476
Senior - BHPian

Do I see the car designers running out of options for the front grill?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img20150621wa0001.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2016_toyota_hilux_gallery_thailand_009.jpg  

Parm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 16:45   #477
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's Creta and Maruti's S Cross( July launch) will fit you. Test drive and see which suits you
Ok will checkout the Hyundai now & if I can wait, the Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Original Hyundai spares are available for sale at authorised Mobis dealers, and this is slowly being expanded to more cities. We have a thread on this:

Other than this, spares are available for sale over-the-counter, but not at all dealers. have started selling Hyundai spares online now:
Right, will try to locate Mobis in my area. Over the counter sale would be great, again will check with local dealer. Thanks for the links to the threads.

Yes hope the move spreads to most areas. Its in the customers good interest that the spares are available for an outright purchase without the binding of having to get the work done at authorised dealerships. Why I stress this because after years of going around various authorised workshops stretching from Honda, Toyota to Ford, etc. Ive developed a repulsion for them. Blame it on Monopoly practices of Companies in Tier 2-3 Cities, even the best of Companies have bad workshops. While availability of spares from outside the dealerships cuts them out of the loop or even over the counter sale, gives a chance to the consumer to pick & choose a workshop of their own choice. Ive vouched not to buy a vehicle from a Company that does not give a nod to outside sale of spare parts. While there are numerous reasons for me not liking the authorised dealerships, but Ive quoted just the monopoly part here to keep it short & precise.

Maruti gave me a very good experience when it came to availability of spares & prices too, hope other companies follow suit.

Congrats & ATB on starting a sales venture.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 17:05   #478
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats & ATB on starting a sales venture.
Just to clarify, I don't run that website / online spare parts store and I'm not connected to them in any manner.

I mentioned 99rpm selling Hyundai spares only because we have two Hyundais at home, and I'm not fond of going to their authorised service centres after the car's warranty has expired. I think it's good to have an online parts store, in addition to the Mobis dealers and over-the-counter sales at some dealer workshops.

Even if one doesn't buy any part online, one can check the price and spare part number of the required item, before purchasing the same through offline channels.

Last edited by RSR : 21st June 2015 at 17:20.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 20:11   #479
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Just to clarify, [i]I don't run that website /
I'm not fond of going to their authorised service centres after the car's warranty has expired.
OhI read it as "I have my own store"! Anyway would have been great if you'd been selling because then we'd know from where to order.

Same here, I hate going to a.s.c post free services & Warranty. There are plenty of known garages around where one feels satisfied with the job done & they dont loot like a.s.s.
Old 21st June 2015, 21:15   #480
BHPian

Why cant we in india get the same variant in china with the panoramic sunroof and AWD? I totally agree india is being treated like a 4th world here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks