Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:56   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

The leaked images are definitely a part of publicity campaign with an attempt to kill any buzz around the S-Cross and the New Jazz both of which would impact Hyundai in their own way.

That aside the Creta is indeed a handsome car and especially so in black. The chrome on the doors as well as the boot is quite distasteful to be honest, but hopefully one can mask that with vinyl.

I will now closely follow any and all reviews for this one and hope that Hyundai have managed to fix their achilles heel - handling and steering. Handling is something that has definitely been bettered in the recent hyundais but the steering is still quite pathetic. Lets hope they do better this time around cos the engine is a gem.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd June 2015 at 12:33. Reason: fixed sms language aspects
noo.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:27   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Thanks for sharing those pictures of the Creta in red, RavenAvi! It looks sharp and sophisticated.

No factory employee would risk his/her job by leaking such pictures, and visitors are generally not allowed to snap away. So it looks like a "controlled" leak or one "authorised" by Hyundai to keep the excitement levels up.
Hi RSR,

There is no such thing as a controlled leak.
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:07   #513
BHPian

Wow, this sure is one good looking brute. And the dimensions do seem to suggest it should good interior space on par with Duster/Terrano and much better than the Ecosport.

I think Hyundai definitely have a winner on their hands. Hyundai sure has been making all the right moves in the Indian market and have been rewarded with the no 2 spot in the market. While am quite sure, being a Hyundai, this will be very well equipped, but i do hope the top end does come with a 6 speed AT and Sunroof as well!

Looks like i've found my next car!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:19   #514
BHPian

Its coming with a 6 speed AT. But no sunroof. Also there is no word of AWD too.
ethan3686 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:48   #515
BHPian

I hope Creta matched EcoSport in safety features. The last few days of waiting.......
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:35   #516
BHPian

Looking at all the pictures so far there is no denying the fact that this is definitely a good looking car. With the engine specifications doing the rounds it sounds really great with plenty of options available to choose from. After the Ecosport this car launch has really upped the enthusiasm levels among the India public.

What still remains to be experienced is the handling (and ofcourse the steering) which many of my friends here have already expressed reservations about. My concern is on the overall height of the vehicle. For an SUV I felt even the Duster's height to be on the lower side and the Creta's height is lesser than the Duster. Does anybody feel the same as me and any feedback on this point folks? I am itching to see this one car physically to evaluate
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:42   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I hope Creta matched EcoSport in safety features. The last few days of waiting.......

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/china-h...sh-test-rating

This is the IX 25. Hope the Indian Creata has the same integrity.
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:52   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta spied inside out!

Looks like the same SX variant in red, spotted inside the factory a few days back. Different alloys, stubby antenna, smaller HU, all seem to indicate so.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretaspiedfront.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretaspiedrearthreequarter.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretaspiedindia.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretainteriorspied.jpg

Pics courtesy - FelixJose1982 @ Twitter

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd June 2015 at 18:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:58   #519
BHPian

Is this the Top End Spec?? If Yes, this is not Hyundai-esque. They have clearly gone back from their principle of LOADING the car with features.

Key Points to Note
  • No Push-button start
  • No Diamond cut alloys - Only Clean Silver Alloys
  • No Request Sensor on Door handles
  • No Chrome Handles - Only Body colored
  • HU screen looks to be bigger then the one in i20 - not sure if it is a touch screen AVN unit.
  • Beige dashboard - no fancy colors like in overseas model
  • Dual tone Seat colors - Looks like Black and Beige, similar to i20
  • I do not see Reverse Sensors - maybe the resolution of the picture is the culprit though
  • Steering wheel does not seem to have leather wrap stitching
  • Has projectors and DRLs - as noted already in most spied Cretas
  • Is the control on right side of steering for Cruise control??

The Chrome Licence plate garnish looks out of place. Looks incomplete IMO. Probably will house the reverse camera.

Have to admit, if this is the SX and top end, many including me will be hugely disappointed. However I feel there will be at least one variant above these. Especially going by how well S-Cross will be loaded.

Last edited by Vigkey : 23rd June 2015 at 19:06.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:05   #520
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Definitely the SX variant. Doesn't have the stop/ start button. No chrome on the door handles. No chrome on the gear knob. Smaller screen. The beige interior seems over done,especially on the doors.there also seems to an Ecosport around. They just can't get the Ecosport of the frame right through testing and launch. Lol.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 23rd June 2015 at 19:09.
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:06   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Is this the Top End Spec?? If Yes, this is not Hyundai-esque. They have clearly gone back from their principle of LOADING the car with features.
Nope, this is the second-top variant.

The top one will be SX (O), and going by the pictures klassics45 posted a few pages back, will have plenty of differentiation from the SX (pictured here):

1) Shark-fin antenna,
2) Chrome door handles,
3) Diamond-cut alloys,
4) Thicker tyres (possibly 205-sections).

Possibly more.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:14   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The top one will be SX (O)
There better be an SX(O) loaded with all the features. Else this will be a huge deviation from Hyundai DNA and with Creta being such a highly anticipated car will fall below everyone's expectations. The higher model should have at least -
  • The Stunning Diamond cut alloys
  • Push-button start - Keyless entry and Go
  • Bigger touchscreen HU with AVN
  • Chrome door handles
  • Reverse sensors and (or) Camera
  • Leather wrapped steering wheel

These are features in Grand i10 and i20 (except touchscreen HU + AVN) and should come in the Creta for sure.
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:18   #523
BHPian

Quote:

The top one will be SX (O), and going by the pictures klassics45 posted a few pages back, will have plenty of differentiation from the SX (pictured here):

1) Shark-fin antenna,
2) Chrome door handles,
3) Diamond-cut alloys,
4) Thicker tyres (possibly 205-sections).

Possibly more.
Seems like this picture includes a Silver top spec SX(O) in the background with a shark fin antenna and chrome door handles. I think hyundai have decided to skip the diamond cut alloys (or have made it optional) even on the top spec variant.
Also, there are no leather seats in the interior pics, another feature skipped?

Quote:
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:59   #524
BHPian

If this is the SX, then the AVN/HU would be a joke. Better to wait upgrade version or look for alternative.

It looks like only the front has disk brakes and rear has drum only (not all disk).

Being SUV, it should have minimum DNA of BA, EBD and hill assist.

Highly disappointed if it is true, the only saving grace is automatic, if at all comes.
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:21   #525
BHPian

I am more or less certain that the red car is an S variant, and the silver car in the background is an SX variant with Chrome door handles and shark fin antenna but standard silver alloy wheels. I reckon the SX will sport an AVN Headunit, Smart Key with Push Start button, Request Sensors on the front door handles amongst other things. Knowing Hyundai, i have a feeling that the SX (O) will come standard with the Diamond Cut design (maybe bigger size) alloy wheels and probably 6 airbags and leather seats as standard fitment as well. But then maybe i am asking for too much

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd June 2015 at 20:27.
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks