Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 19:28   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Reminds me of the time when Skoda had named the Indian Rapid as "Lauretta" and even had the tooling / moulds developed for the same but changed it when they found out about the negative feedback with regards to the name. Hope Hyundai does the same. I really dont understand whats wrong with ix25 it sounds uber cool!

I really dont care and still would go ahead and buy this one just for the million dollar looks.

P.S. My boss was about to book this car but the moment she heard that it will be called "Creta" she has dropped all plans of doing so.
Old 4th June 2015, 20:58   #362

Hyundai ix25 spotted!

Hi guys!

Saw this coming from work near Jasola, New Delhi so, thought to share...
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185215249.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185223878.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185405839_hdr.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185444093.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185450887.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-img_20150604_185550380_hdr.jpg  

Mayank0912 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 22:43   #363
BHPian

Came across this article The Hindu

Heres what they are suggesting:
Quote:
The Creta is likely to feature a 1.6-litre diesel engine and will be offered with both 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Tuned to offer loads of low-end torque and about 125 PS of peak power, the engine is expected to be extremely driveable in city conditions.

This will be the engine offered at the time of launch, though a similarly-sized petrol engine could also join the portfolio at a later date. The Creta will not be offered with an all-wheel drive option, however.
Old 5th June 2015, 02:04   #364
BHPian

Would this be the most enthusiastic engine in its class of vehicles? It sounds to be that way unless the SX4 cross can beat it.
Old 5th June 2015, 12:21   #365

I would just order an ix25 badging from Alibaba and replace the creta with it. As someone else pointed out ix25 would have been just nice
zmagic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 13:50   #366

How does the name of the car matter? All what's important, is the performance of the car, how creatively it was designed, the innovative features present in it. From what i have heard, the Creta is doing very well internationally. If and when it hits the Indian markets, I'm sure that it will top the the Compact SUV segment.

The attitude of the car is very unique. It will be something that is both affordable and reliable. Eagerly waiting for the Creta to be launched.
Ompsingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 14:31   #367
Senior - BHPian

I am the type of people who would never buy a Hyundai having driven Japanese and Germans cars (been a typical Desi in the U.S for close to 15 years).

But not sure about it now. Still might not buy one but looking at the features they offer and the way they are built, they have made such tremendous improvements! Does anyone else have the same thinking?
Old 5th June 2015, 15:30   #368
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I am the type of people who would never buy a Hyundai having driven Japanese and Germans cars (been a typical Desi in the U.S for close to 15 years).

But not sure about it now. Still might not buy one but looking at the features they offer and the way they are built, they have made such tremendous improvements! Does anyone else have the same thinking?
Srishiva, each to his own. Having said that, I have been a Hyundai car owner since 1999 having owned Santro DX, Santro AT, i10 AT, Accent CRDi, i20 CRDi and Verna CRDi & i10 Grand CRDi over the years. I am very happy with their commitment to me as a customer. Believe me, in 1998 when I saw the Santro, I swore that I will not buy such an ugly car. But in 1999, I bit the bullet based on the power steering, fogs, tinted glass, rear wiper, defogger etc in the Santro DX over the Zen my father owned then.

You will agree that in the initial years, the Japanese cars too struggled to come through in the US. Hyundai has crossed this bridge with great deal of hard work.

As a buyer in India, it gives great satisfaction that the Hyundai cars sold here are the current models globally and not discontinued ones being pushed on us. In fact models are launched here first, a high commitment to the Indian market.

I would go by their demonstration of commitment to the Indian market and walking the talk.

Hope this helps

Thanks

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 5th June 2015 at 15:39. Reason: added a line
KPS is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 16:01   #369
BHPian

Quote:

That is like saying- 'I will never hire an Indian (including yourself), instead hire a Korean because they work harder, are more reliable employee and are better human beings overall'

We Indians love to dislike our own products without realizing that we are only slapping on our own faces because it is we who manufactured or provided that service!

I think it is normal for people to be stuck up with American beliefs and not accept the reality. The reality is that things have changed - for good, Hyundai have changed for good.
Old 5th June 2015, 16:21   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If your baseline is that of Hyundai from 15 years ago or older and in comparison to equivalent European or American cars in that period, then yes, they were probably not the best option (they were probably the best option at a price). But they're a manufacturer who've improved by leaps and bounds, have shown tremendous agility and commitment to India.

Also, bear in mind Hyundai's competition - in the US, they went up against established US players, and in Europe against German marques and Ford. But in India, after Maruti, Hyundai are the top dog today.

Their ability to scale to the Grand i10 demand after launch (compared to Ford's struggles with the EcoSport), the sheer interior quality of the Grand i10 (again vs. the EcoSport) are just two examples of how capable they are as a manufacturer today.

To conclude: you don't have to buy a Hyundai if it doesn't tick your specific requirements. But please don't discount the Hyundai brand on the basis of an older (and probably previously justified) perception. You might be the loser, not them.

Last edited by arunphilip : 5th June 2015 at 16:22.
arunphilip is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 12:24   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Just after report of Maruti's S Cross launching in July, now Hyundai advances the launch of Creta!

Hyundai will be launching the vehicle on 21st of July and the start of production will happen within a fortnight, around 20th June. The company has already realigned its production to make way for the new compact SUV.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th June 2015 at 12:35.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 15:30   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Just after report of Maruti's S Cross launching in July, now Hyundai advances the launch of Creta!

Hyundai will be launching the vehicle on 21st of July and the start of production will happen within a fortnight, around 20th June. The company has already realigned its production to make way for the new compact SUV.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst

Awesome news.
>>>
The company thinks the automatic SUV at 12 lakh could be the game changer, as the next automatic SUV option comes only at double the price at around Rs 25 lakh

Hope it come in diesel automatic.
Old 6th June 2015, 15:45   #373
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hyundai's Genesis coupe and Veloster are such lovely cars and so well named.
The ix25 itself is a good name.
Wonder why they wanted to name this Creature of theirs the Creta!
They were never good at design, always going over the top. However in recent years this has changed and their styling is pretty nice and subtle, like the Traditional Europeans.The Europeans however, seem to be going down the Bling route now.
All this being said, Hyundai should not have changed the ix25's name at all.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 08:26   #374
BHPian

We have a Nissan Terrano in our family, I thoroughly enjoy taking her on highways but there is no denying that every time I sit inside the car sadly it doesn't feel like a 13L car. It lacks so many features for a 13L car, which we can see in a 6L car nowadays, I mean the list is huge. If Hyundai can bring that i20 premiums to Creta in terms of interior quality and fit and finish with all the gizmos thrown in it will surely have blockbuster in its hand. More than Nissan, I think Renault will be anxious about this new entry.
I just love Santa Fe looks, if we have to go by initial pictures of Creta it looks like a younger sibling. I am kind of tempted to say goodbye to our 1yr old Terrano to welcome the new Creta(will I ever get used to this name? I highly doudt ).
Old 7th June 2015, 11:15   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India advancing the launch date of the Creta is actually fantastic news, if you take all the factors into the equation.

1) They are looking at the Suzuki S-Cross as a serious competitor. It is now a definite that both petrol mills will be priced pretty close to each other. Since both cars might come with 1.6L petrol mills, the competition might be stiff between both cars, pricing-wise.

2) Going by all what we have seen till now, I expect the Creta petrol to be lined up against the EcoSport 1.5 TiVCT Titanium, and the two EcoBoost Titanium variants. Even the Creta mid-variant (S) could turn out to be a better VFM package than the top EcoSport variants. Could be bad news for the overpriced Ford, who could pay for those steep price hikes of ~1.5 lakhs since it's launch. In figures - Ecoboost = 125 PS, 170 Nm & Creta 1.6 = 123 PS, 158 Nm (on the Verna).

3) The diesels are definitely going to give the Duster/Terrano twins sleepless nights now. With such a humongous amount of torque on offer (265 Nm), if Hyundai has paired it to even a semi-decent suspension setup and handling package in the Creta, it will take away quite a big chunk of monthly numbers from those badge-engineered cousin SUVs. The Duster has also seen quite a few price hikes and now the top variants don't seem VFM anymore. Same goes for the Terrano.

4) Hyundai's After Sales Service is widespread & pretty solid in the country. At least better than Renault/Nissan, from what I have experienced. Given a choice in the same price bracket, the paying customer will give priority to the Creta. Engine specs and fit & finish will be a big factor when comparisons are drawn out.

5) It all comes down to interior space and riding manners now. If we go by what Hyundai has evolved to, judging by the Grand i10 & the Elite i20, we can expect a much improved Hyundai package in the Creta. Not forgetting that this is Hyundai's first foray into the compact SUV space, and they will give it their best shot.

I foresee another Hyundai bestseller in the making, unless the company becomes over-ambitious and bungles up the pricing and/or the package on offer. But I have the feeling that they won't.

On a side note, I am really happy about the 21st July launch. Can't wait to have the keys of the SUV in my hand by August!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks