Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 16:35   #256
BHPian

Re: SCOOP - What is this?

Yes. Looks pretty much like the Hyundai iX25. Probably they took it from Chennai to Hosur for some special Pooja in some temple there

By the way, the first pic looks like a mirror image, was it intentional??
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 17:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP - What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
By the way, the first pic looks like a mirror image, was it intentional??
That pic was captured on my Right ORVM at the toll gate.
Old 8th May 2015, 17:10   #258
BHPian

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Autocar says that the automatic will be the same as in Verna. That means the stone-age 4-speed torque converter!

Very disappointed. I was already dreaming that the automatic version will be the replacement for my 2011 i20. But I am not going for a 4-speed TC.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:12   #259
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti SX4 S-Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel

Spotted these disguised mules between Vellore and Bangalore today - what appeared to be an A-Cross!

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-side.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-front.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-rear-profile.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-rear.jpg

As was to be expected, the crew were not happy with pictures being clicked!
The side windows look like typical Maruti!

Mods: In case this is not an A-Cross, kindly move to appropriate section!
cpbopanna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 21:20   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Spotted these disguised mules between Vellore and Bangalore today - what appeared to be an A-Cross!

As was to be expected, the crew were not happy with pictures being clicked!
The side windows look like typical Maruti!

Mods: In case this is not an A-Cross, kindly move to appropriate section!
The windows and alloys pretty much confirm that these are Hyundai iX25s and looks like these are the same cars caught by svsantosh Looks like the car was doing Chennai to Bangalore and back

cpbopannna, Did you also see a Duster and Ecosport along with these cars??

Mods: Guess you have to move this to the iX25 thread itself
Old 8th May 2015, 21:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
The windows and alloys pretty much confirm that these are Hyundai iX25s and looks like these are the same cars caught by svsantosh Looks like the car was doing Chennai to Bangalore and back

cpbopannna, Did you also see a Duster and Ecosport along with these cars??

Mods: Guess you have to move this to the iX25 thread itself
No vigkey; there were only two vehicles, one following the other!
Old 8th May 2015, 21:33   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
The rear of the CUV gives the look of the ix25!
Old 8th May 2015, 22:07   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Autocar says that the automatic will be the same as in Verna. That means the stone-age 4-speed torque converter!
Some manufacturers will never learn. I was also hopeful Hyundai will have at least a 5-speed AT but....
Old 9th May 2015, 07:25   #264
BHPian

4 speed auto is not a good news if its true. Did I read beige interiors too? The chinese review is not very flattering on its suspension as well... Overall some not so good updates coming in of late!

Keeping fingers crossed - I am a big sucker for Hyundai's interior quality and the fact that they age very well. Have two of them in my stable. But it doesn't look like I will go for a third one.

I have a back problem that I picked up recently, and have been getting advices to go for a high seating automatic . So my priorities are changing a bit too. Not many options in the sub 20 lac range at the moment, and am eagerly looking for some good automatics ( not low slung sedans ).

I think Auto companies should now realise that Automatic transmission is now being increasingly looked up on as an option by buyers and should stop sitting on the fence..
Old 12th May 2015, 08:52   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest round of spy pics, this time caught testing on Delhi-NCR roads.

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 19:30   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor India Limited will commence the pre-launch activities for it's upcoming compact SUV the "ix25" (nee GS) from next month onwards.

This will include early test drives for the media as well.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25sideatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

Quote:
According to reports, HMIL will use a different name for the SUV (in its first official communication with IAB, HMIL called it an ‘SUV’ and not a ‘crossover’), with which it aims to rival products like the Renault Duster and Mahindra Scorpio. While the Ford EcoSport is not a direct rival (the EcoSport is a sub-4 meter offering), some variants of the ix25 would rival the Ford on price, sources say.
SOURCE

EDIT:

Motor Bash reports the same as well, with a bit more info:

Quote:
Hyundai has officially invited us for a media drive of their next big salvo in the market – the ix25 compact SUV. The media drive is scheduled towards the end of next month inside Hyundai’s Chennai plant. However, the company has cleared that no photographs will be allowed to be captured and instead, they will provide us with some official pictures of the car.

The invitation mailer reads – “Media Preview and First Drive Experience Drive of the much awaited SUV of 2015 (yes SUV)!” Hyundai also tells us that they will be sharing all relevant information regarding the product. They have nowhere mentioned the name of the SUV and various reports suggest that Indian name of ix25 will be different.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th May 2015 at 19:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 20:25   #267
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a dealer in Bangalore that the IX 25 has already gone into production. He said that he heard it from a very reliable source.
Old 17th May 2015, 07:55   #268
Senior - BHPian

Autocar carries some pictures of the new compact SUV, the ix25, which are reproduced below. The report says that the car would see light pretty soon.
Link: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ok-395074.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-h1.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-h2.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-h3.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-h4.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 09:14   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Autocar carries some pictures of the new compact SUV, the ix25, which are reproduced below. The report says that the car would see light pretty soon.
Last image has 2.0 written on boot lid. This might not be the one heading to India but would be from some other market and image reproduced here.

This vehicle does look decent. Read somewhere that they will be launching the lower power variants first followed by diesel and lastly the 121bhp petrol. I hope this is not true. I am actually looking at petrol version due to my lesser running but not ruling out diesel right now.

Waiting eagerly for our own review/media drive inputs, especially regarding the ride as Hyundai's are known to have boat like handling. Having owned 2 of their machines, I can say this.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 10:19   #270
BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV to be Unveiled in India in June

Launch of Hyundai ix25 SUV is set for a later date, probably in August 2015.

Hyundai India has confirmed their new ix25 small SUV will be officially unveiled in the last week of June 2015. The ix 25 was first launched in China, after making global premiere at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show.

Slated for launch in India by August 2015, just ahead of the festive season, new ix25 is expected to be given a new name here. The reason being, their ‘i’ series of naming, in India is reserved for hatchbacks – i10, Grand i10, Elite i20, and i20 Active. Some buyers might think the name ix25 hints at something which is based on i20 hatch (which is not the case). To avoid this confusion, Hyundai India will most likely give it a new name. We expect this new name to be revealed at the official unveil next month.

Source
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks