Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 18:48   #211
BHPian

I read some articles stating that hyundai might not launch a 4x4 model. Hope thats not true.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:36   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I read some articles stating that hyundai might not launch a 4x4 model. Hope thats not true.
I do not understand why there is so much craze for a 4WD in a monocoque compact SUV? The 2WD Duster has proved it can take on some seriously bad roads with ease and even off-road. Hope iX25 sticks to 2WD and instead offer a capable auto box.
Old 31st March 2015, 21:11   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I do not understand why there is so much craze for a 4WD in a monocoque compact SUV? The 2WD Duster has proved it can take on some seriously bad roads with ease and even off-road. Hope iX25 sticks to 2WD and instead offer a capable auto box.

Let's not forget that the 4WD Duster also proved that the monocoques can also offer some good competition to the current batch of traditional ladder on frame SUVs in our market.

Personally for me, it is a good to have feature. I am not someone who goes off the road that much- but I do go on a lot of highway drives, hill sections, estate roads etc and it's good to know that you have a 4WD system to get you out of difficult situations if needed. Infact, I consider the Duster AWD (or it's alternatives) as the most probable contender when I do upgrade my car sometime down the line.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 22:19   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I hope , too. But not much hope there considering how Hyundai slaps the stone-age 4-speed on its AT variants. And, further, AT variant will appear full 6 months to 1 year later, after the novelty of the ix25 has worn off. AT on i20 Elite is not even in the offing yet, so we cannot even dream of an AT ix25.
Old 4th April 2015, 17:23   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
126 BHP is Absolutely True and so is the Automatic Transmission..
Did they indicate whether the automatic will be a 4 speed or 6 speed? 126 BHP diesel with a six speed auto would be sweet!
jogidada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 23:02   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Engines for the ix25 will be the 1.6 petrol, and 2 diesel variants -1.6 diesel and the 1.4 diesel ( as in the Elite).

With this the start price will be very competitive for the base variant of the ix25.

Source: Autocar - Bloomberg tv
Old 9th April 2015, 23:22   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post

I really don't think you would care for a 4X4 in a soft roader like this. I mean, it's like a CRV/EcoSport not a Fortuner. IMO, I think this will be launched with front wheel only versions.

PS: This car looks SO HOT, SO HOT that I expect months of waiting and 4 to 5 thousand of these sales per month atleast. Safety, Price, Looks, Power, Automatic, Mini Suv, After sales service, Hyundai has got everything going for it with the IX25
Old 9th April 2015, 23:35   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I really don't think you would care for a 4X4 in a soft roader like this. I mean, it's like a CRV/EcoSport not a Fortuner. IMO, I think this will be launched with front wheel only versions.

PS: This car looks SO HOT, SO HOT that I expect months of waiting and 4 to 5 thousand of these sales per month atleast. Safety, Price, Looks, Power, Automatic, Mini Suv, After sales service, Hyundai has got everything going for it with the IX25
Hold your horses. We ain't sure of it yet. Manufacturers generally talk big but production version is often watered down. In other words, what you see is not what you get. I don't believe till I see it.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:13   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Engines for the ix25 will be the 1.6 petrol, and 2 diesel variants -1.6 diesel and the 1.4 diesel ( as in the Elite).
With this the start price will be very competitive for the base variant of the ix25.
I guess Hyundai has smelt that Maruti could release the S Cross with the 1.3 DDIS and the 1.6 MJD engine variants.

Here is Autocar''s Scoop.

Hyundai's small SUV could get a 1.4 diesel - August Launch
1.4-litre diesel motor likely to help Hyundai price its Duster rival competitively and will be feature rich .

Quote:
Hyundai will be targeting the Renault Duster and the upcoming Suzuki S-Cross with the GS and, apparently, the carmaker is also readying a 1.4-litre diesel-equipped version of this SUV. This motor is the same unit that does duty in the i20 diesel hatchback and the Verna 1.4 sedan. The smaller-capacity engine should allow the carmaker to price the SUV attractively as a diesel engine under 1.5-litre capacity attracts lower taxes.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...el-394354.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th April 2015 at 12:19.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:37   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not understand why there is so much craze for a 4WD in a monocoque compact SUV?
You need AWD [not really a low ratio GB] at few places if you happen to drive a bit off the beaten track. Hills need it, as does country roads, especially in rains. You might require AWD's capability on highways if you have to take a diversion. And an AWD's ability makes you go easy on clutch & suspension as at places you can get out without abusing your clutch, tires & suspension.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 14:09   #221
BHPian

Recently did a short drive of a Mitsubishi Outlander, owned by a Forum member.

On a stretch of highway I tried the 2wd mode & then AWD mode. Even on a straight highway patch I could experience the difference between the 2 modes.I felt AWD mode gave better stability as a result of all wheels driving

I would definitely prefer a selectable 2WD & AWD mode on my highway car. Useful on fast drives, hills & rains.
Old 15th April 2015, 12:19   #222
BANNED

Hello raVan,

My one fear is that it should not be another hatchback-on-steroids like some of the other wanna-be compact SUVs - that it should have proper AWD from the word go or at least RWD. Though, remembering the Tucson and the Santa Fe, such fears are probably misplaced and one need not expect such gaffes.

My best wishes to the ix25 - may it liven up the market further!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 13:21   #223
BHPian

Santa Fe was (is) a proper SUV. Obviously it will have all those features. Compact suv are still a niche category and we dont know what hyundai have in mind yet for it.
Old 15th April 2015, 21:42   #224
BHPian

Does anyone has a link to a good review of ix25, but of course in English.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:19   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Does anyone has a link to a good review of ix25, but of course in English.
Check this out.

Due credit to the reviewer and videographer. I found this video on YouTube and the Youtubers name includes several characters of a language other than English. Hence I cannot include the Youtubers handle name.

Sorry, but this is the best I could find. It's a chinese review with English subtitles. I can't find any written reviews, else I would have used my best buddy Google translate and voila! There's an English review for the ix25.

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 16th April 2015 at 19:28.
Turbo_asd is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks