Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 17:40   #16
BANNED

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...del-plans.html

"... the small, Jimny 4x4 will be replaced eventually with something equally utilitarian and practical".

I presume this new "utilitarian and practical" vehicle is not the above XA-Alpha. Or is it?
Old 26th November 2014, 12:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for those looking at YBA- uner the hood.Speculations are the diesel varaint will be Fiat's 1.5 MJD ( the downsized 1.6). AWD option could also be offered.
Petrol variants will likely be the current range of engines, the K12 and K14 engines.

Expecting Ciaz to get the 1.5 MJD in 2016 as a upgrade.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20141126122335_maruti_ybafinal.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...wd-391851.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th November 2014 at 12:58.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 12:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

For me, it looks good, neat car. I am sure in actual it will look much better. Finally some real competition for Ford Ecosport is coming. Once this is launched, Ecosport will be available readily & Ford will have to chase the customers

I am sure Maruti will look to price it aggressively & will undercut the Ford in terms of pricing. Looks very good deal for the end customer. From the front it looks similar to VW car, not a bad thing i guess. Alloys shown in picture are also looking good, copy of Germans here as well? What i like about Maruti is they are going for kill in the market, others must be scared, damn scared i must say. They are competing in all segments now & doing it neatly.

Last edited by aniketi : 26th November 2014 at 13:00.
Old 26th November 2014, 13:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Once this is launched, Ecosport will be available readily & Ford will have to chase the customers
Indeed… infact it maybe better for Ford to discontinue the Ecosport now itself, anticipating the arrival of the said compact SUV in 2016.

Jokes apart, the segment is so thin at this moment and I believe there is enough space for a few players to pitch in.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:31   #20
BANNED

Seeing the rear view, we can assume the spare wheel is not mounted on rear door. Otherwise, the tail lamps would not have extended to the hatch door, and there wouldn't be the black/chrome strip on the hatch door.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20141126122335_maruti_ybafinal.jpg  

Old 26th November 2014, 18:33   #21
BHPian

From the front, it appears that the version seen here is different from the concept car which had the Duster Adventure edition like pseudo plastic bull bar. The spy shots show that rear does show plastic skid plates.

A video of the iV4 concept is available on YouTube. What appears to be the make or break in terms of the looks in this car is the front grill, the shape of the head lamps, the detailing around the LED fog lamps, and their shape. I hope its carried through in the production version. The alloys in the concept video add another dimension to the car. Did the concept ever show a rear mounted spare wheel?

Old 26th November 2014, 20:49   #22
BHPian

Is it me or it looks like Skoda Fabia, esp the rear.
Old 27th November 2014, 00:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I am kinda liking this C-UV. This is one of those designs which is looking quite "neat" after all these recent launches. And 1.5L MJD (if true) is an icing.
Old 27th November 2014, 11:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have serious doubts on 1.5 MJD.

- Its a FIAT engine, and only FIAT can take a call on such downsizing. Had it been the case, FIAT would have done it for the recently introduced Aventura. This was discussed and deliberated at the FIAT HQ early 2013.

- Suzuki is developing an in-house diesel mill, and if it comes to undercutting in a price sensitive market, they can do it better with an in-house motor rather than third party sourcing.

- The present licence for DDIS / MJD between Suzuki and FIAT is for the next 3 years only, had it been the case, Suzuki would have done it for longer duration.

- The Government of India is presently reviewing the automobile policy and there is a likely possibility that the taxes and duties would be linked to output power instead of cubic capacity (as the modern machines have now started using turbo chargers for enhanced power output from same cubic capacity in NA tune state), and the GC (which players like M & M have started using in Scorpio through a plate, which is removed and moved up at the time of delivery to increase the GC of vehicle). The policy makers have discovered and understood how the old policies have been misused to save taxes and duties on the vehicles.

Cheers !
Old 27th November 2014, 11:40   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I did search Zauba website and came across information about this car
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculations are the diesel varaint will be Fiat's 1.5 MJD ( the downsized 1.6).
Seeing the Zauba data, it is clear the car is equipped with a 1.3L Diesel engine.

It may use a 1.5L Diesel engine, but that could be Suzuki's in-house Diesel engine and not the Fiat-sourced engine. Or, is the so-called Suzuki's in-house engines actually derivatives of the Fiat engines?
Old 27th November 2014, 11:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I have serious doubts on 1.5 MJD.
- Its a FIAT engine, and only FIAT can take a call on such downsizing. Had it been the case, FIAT would have done it for the recently introduced Aventura. This was discussed and deliberated at the FIAT HQ early 2013.
Downsizing the 1.6MJD by Fiat is known but only the timing of launch is still unclear ( see various reports)

Now in particular to YBA, this CUV will largely be based on the New Vitara which is now ready in the pre production form ( see link)
The diesel variant is the 1.6MJD which is also internationally seen on the S cross too. This establishes the cordial relation between Suzuki and Fiat Management.

Above said it is highly posible that the 1.5MJD engine will power Maruti's iV-4 .

Suzuki's R&D team is concentarting on development of turbo petrol and in this case the 1.6L (see link), and smaller diesel engines ( for Celerio, LCV, etc)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...ra-2015-review
Old 6th December 2014, 21:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's YBA caught on test, assuming a year's of test the CUV will be ready by next festive season or will they launch in Auto Expo 2016?

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-b4kg1owccaeujqb.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...814848/photo/1
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 22:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good news for those looking at YBA- uner the hood.Speculations are the diesel varaint will be Fiat's 1.5 MJD ( the downsized 1.6). AWD option could also be
Sorry for bringing in the bad news, the above information isn't correct. The prototype models are having the same old 1.3L MJD engine in them right till the ZDI+ version. Considering these are the prototypes sent for evaluation, we can safely assume that even if there is a chance of getting abigger engine, it is not as of now.

I am equally disappointed as anyone else seeing this
Old 7th December 2014, 15:18   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
. I hope its carried through in the production version. The alloys in the concept video add another dimension to the car.
We may hardly see any of it in production version. Top end ZXI or ZDI will be lucky to have 10 per cent of all the bling they showed on the concept. Other versions below that will be totally plane vanilla. Wonder why manufacturers show these teaser concept when the production version is always so watered down.
Old 8th December 2014, 10:45   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti's YBA caught on test
Source: http://www.justcarnews.com/report-su...e-samurai.html

"The subsequent Jimny will be an evolution. It will comply with the very same recipe. When you see it you will know it truly is a Jimny."

The front reminds me of the Suzuki Jimny. So, is there any possibility that this may eventually replace Jimny and our Gypsy as well? The above news also suggests something in similar lines, though we don't know whether the new car caught on test is a ladder-on-frame model like Gypsy and Jimny, or a monocoque design like IV4.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-imagescaiuwkvp.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-b4kg1owccaeujqb.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th December 2014 at 10:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks