Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 15:09   #166
BANNED

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I don't know what confusion is going on but I don't think that this is the baby vitara! Doesn't look sub 4M to me but could be wrong since I wasn't there. This does seem to be Vitara rather than the Brezza and my friend also agrees. This definitely looks larger than the ecosport to me.
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...wd-391851.aspx

Be assured: this is not the international Vitara, though looks similar in certain areas like rear design, tail lamps etc.

BY the way, from where did your friend sit in this car? While the car was doing the camouflaged testing?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20141126122335_maruti_ybafinal.jpg  

Old 26th November 2015, 15:44   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...wd-391851.aspx

Be assured: this is not the international Vitara, though looks similar in certain areas like rear design, tail lamps etc.

BY the way, from where did your friend sit in this car? While the car was doing the camouflaged testing?
This is incredibly confusing but never mind. Maybe its the design or the camo which makes it look larger than what it is. I had assumed that this is the bigger vitara, hence my first said that this and the Scross will be rivals.

The car had stopped at a maruti service station and my friend who was passing by, spotted it and asked the mechanic who was fidling with about it. He later sat in it with the mechanics permission and like a spy took pictures without getting noticed :P.
Old 27th November 2015, 01:19   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

The car definitely looks sub 4M. It's parked right next to an Alto and doesnt look much longer than the Alto.

Maruti is doing some tricks to keep the interior different - this one gets all switches for the ACC, probably to the tune of the "box" shape of the vehicle. Will have to wait till the actual pics come out.

It also looks like having dual glovebox, one on top of the dash. The gear lever is carried over from S-Cross. The PW switches seem to be from the same range!!
Old 28th November 2015, 13:17   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

With all reports indicating that it will look like the International Vitara, and with all the spied pics - which way will the YBA (Vitara Brezza) go?

IMO, YBA will have the New Vitara look and the New Vitara S will be, in case the New Vitara ( > 4m) is launched here.

NEW VITARA

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-cq5dam_web80.jpg

NEW VITARA S

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-cq5dam_web_1280_1280.jpg

Pics - Quattroruote

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th November 2015 at 13:21.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 19:39   #170
BHPian

Iam really impressed with the pictures of Maruti XA Alpha and the quality looks on par with S-Cross. Presently, I own a Swift Dzire VDI and planning to buy new car next year and if this car ticks all the boxes of ground clearance,efficient diesel engine,good build quality and rear ac vents, maybe this is the car I might buy in future. Also, it should be priced in the same league as Ford Ecosport and knowing Maruti they will infact price it cheaper than that.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:38   #171
BHPian

Folks, Any more news / views of the Brezza and launch date updates? Am on the lookout for a new car early next year. Given that GC is high on my priority (following safety and driving comfort), am a bit confused between Ecosport and Brezza.

Ecosport has one advantage of the all round safety with 6 airbags + ABS + EBD and is a proven product (been around for sometime), Brezza is likely to have 2 airbags + ABS + EBD (given the recent trend from Maruti). So waiting for more inputs before zeroing in on one of them.

Last edited by turboturtle : 7th December 2015 at 12:40. Reason: typo
Old 7th December 2015, 12:46   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
Folks, Any more news / views of the Brezza and launch date updates? .
Expect more in coming days as it is speculated to unveil soon.

Quote:
Maruti YBA will have its market launch at the Auto Expo 2016 in February. However, an unveiling is expected to take place for the media in the month of January itself.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/12/m...we-know-205491
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 16:14   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Due to the possible overlap of pricing with its siblings will Vitara Brezza come in only a diesel avatar? ( DDiS200 - VGT)Reports now indicate thus.

Quote:
The new YBA will only be available through normal dealership, unlike Maruti Baleno,
http://www.oncars.in/car-news/maruti...gine-only/8894

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th December 2015 at 16:16.
Old 9th December 2015, 17:20   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Due to the possible overlap of pricing with its siblings will Vitara Brezza come in only a diesel avatar? ( DDiS200 - VGT)Reports now indicate thus
Bit disappointing. I hope they do not ignore petrol version in Brezza. AWD is also must
Old 10th December 2015, 14:07   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Due to the possible overlap of pricing with its siblings will Vitara Brezza come in only a diesel avatar? ( DDiS200 - VGT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Bit disappointing. I hope they do not ignore petrol version in Brezza. AWD is also must
I guess the earlier reporting was confused for New Vitara.

IMO, Vitara Brezza will come in both petrol and diesel variants.( March 2016)

New Vitara will be launched only in the 1.6MJD variant in 2017.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-399022.aspx/2

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th December 2015 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 14:16   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Due to the possible overlap of pricing with its siblings will Vitara Brezza come in only a diesel avatar? ( DDiS200 - VGT)Reports now indicate thus.
Could it be because the K-12 might just not be powerful enough for the Brezza and hence might come with the DDIS200 and the Turbojet 1.0?

I believe the turbojet will be there at launch because hopefully Maruti would have learnt that from the S-Cross debacle of only diesel and only manual.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:12   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Could it be because the K-12 might just not be powerful enough for the Brezza and hence might come with the DDIS200 and the Turbojet 1.0?

I believe the turbojet will be there at launch because hopefully Maruti would have learnt that from the S-Cross debacle of only diesel and only manual.
Completely agree. K-12 will never be able to cope up.Ecosport with 1.5 NA Engine feels underpowered! So Brezza should have the Boosterjet engine to compete directly with Ecoboost in ecosport.
Old 11th December 2015, 08:38   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Presenting the YBA- Vitara Brezza! Impressive stance. Test run in Rajasthan.

Gets the all black themed interiors, , besides exterior elements like projector headlamps, daytime running LEDs and dark alloy wheels, front armrest, floor console with glass holders and automatic climate control.
Quote:
Instrument cluster comprising two dials with a LCD in between. A close watch on the dashboard reveals that this test mule is not having a touchscreen infotainment system, suggesting a more loaded variant is also on the list.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-untitled.png

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-3.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-1.png

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-2u.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-7.jpg

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/maru...dia+Details%29

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th December 2015 at 08:55.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 08:48   #179
Senior - BHPian

Alloys looks nice but somehow the car looks like a Swift with added height. I don't see a big GC here.

There seems to be a ridge in the bonnet which will look muscular once revealed. Only hope is that the rest of the car looks that way as well.

Right now, looks nothing more than a hatch. Considering that the Japs were pioneers in tall boy design, I feel they could have added a bit of height to their latest offerings. All seem a little diminutive compared to the competition.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 10:05   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Alloys looks nice but somehow the car looks like a Swift with added height. I don't see a big GC here.

There seems to be a ridge in the bonnet which will look muscular once revealed. Only hope is that the rest of the car looks that way as well.

Right now, looks nothing more than a hatch. Considering that the Japs were pioneers in tall boy design, I feel they could have added a bit of height to their latest offerings. All seem a little diminutive compared to the competition.
+1 to that. For me, it looks like they have not used the full 4m as well. Also looks to be undertyred. Are they 15 inchers? Probably top variant might have 16 inchers.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks