Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 19:28   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Have they realized the mistake and removed it already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The image is very much there even at this moment.
Maruti has subsequently got rid of the picture. Good sense prevailed at last.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-brezza.png  

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th January 2016 at 19:31.
Old 19th January 2016, 21:29   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

As launch nears speculations / rumors run high. Here is the latest.

Vitara Brezza to be launched only in the diesel variant.
Quote:
The SUV market in India is equal to more or less 50,000 units per month. Out of which, the compact SUV segment currently holds over 45 per cent share! Out of these 45 per cent cars, around 80 per cent vehicles are being sold in diesel form altogether
Quote:
Swift’s 1.2-liter motor will not do any good for this model and introducing it with 1.4-liter K14B series engine will create in-house competition for the Ertiga and the Ciaz. Hence, introducing it in diesel only seems a sensible plan.
Powering the Vitara Brezza will be 1.3-liter DDiS200 engine producing 90 PS and 200 Nm of torque. It will come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Quote:
A total of 4 variants are expected on the Brezza, with the base model offering all essential features like power windows, power steering, AC, central locking and wheel covers (15-inch wheels). On the other hand, everything mentioned in the features section would be limited to top-end – Brezza ZDi+ – only.
Quote:
In total, the Maruti Vitara Brezza is likely to offer around 6 to 7 body colors – including Pearl White, Glistening Grey and Silky Silver.
Maruti may offer contrasting roof option on the top-end variant.

http://www.indianhoods.com/new-cars/...ts-features/3/

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th January 2016 at 21:31.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 23:04   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As usual, another report with hardly any sensible points.

Quote:
...introducing it with 1.4-liter K14B series engine will create in-house competition for the Ertiga and the Ciaz. Hence, introducing it in diesel only seems a sensible plan...
Seriously?! Using the same diesel engine from those variants doesn't create any "in-house competition" ? Are the potential customers noob that they don't even know their needs and befitting options? Ertiga is a 7 seater, Ciaz is a sedan and Brezza is a C-SUV! There is enough differentiation for all three products and a mere engine will not be the reason for cross-shopping!

Quote:
...In terms of performance, we can expect the Brezza to accelerate from 0-100 kmph in around 14 seconds with the top speed reaching a mark of around 160 kmph...
While "0-100 in 14s" is still digestible, a top speed of 160 kmph in a modern car with a 90 bhp engine?! I would look at a 12s timing for 0-100 with a 90 bhp engine though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th January 2016 at 23:07.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:32   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. First-ever passenger vehicle in Maruti’s portfolio that has been conceptualised, engineered and developed by the Indian team.

4.The Vitara Brezza will be exported to some of the emerging markets

Nice to see some real R&D work from India being exported. Hopefully soon to Developed countries as well.

This is called Reverse Innovation. some links below:

https://hbr.org/2015/07/engineering-reverse-innovations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_innovation

India badly needs 'Exporting Innovation' to get to the next level and shake the image of a low-cost 'Services' country.
Old 21st January 2016, 09:17   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Front grill of Vitara Brezza teased - design cues of Vitara S seen!

No Chrome ( silver color) - hope it stays so!

Name:  12.PNG
Views: 7218
Size:  308.1 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st January 2016 at 09:21.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 09:50   #306
Senior - BHPian

I so wish the breeza came with a 1.6 engine . Why is maruti so keen in making their cars so anemic. I simply cant digest a hatch,MUV and the SUV sharing the same engine. I am looking out for a new car in next two months and have zeroed in on the Figo Tdci.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:26   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I so wish the breeza came with a 1.6 engine . Why is maruti so keen in making their cars so anemic. I simply cant digest a hatch,MUV and the SUV sharing the same engine. I am looking out for a new car in next two months and have zeroed in on the Figo Tdci.
But isn't that what most manufacturers do?

Take for example the 1.5L diesel from the Renault / Nissan stable. Same engine albeit different tuning from Micra to Fluence a total of 7 cars from 4 segments! When I asked the Renault sales manager who brought the Duster for a test drive if this had the Micra engine he was quite upset at the comparison but couldn't refute my claim.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:04   #308
BHPian

Quote:

No Chrome ( silver color) - hope it stays so!

Attachment 1463610
Finally Maruti corrects and removes the Audi picture and updates the Breeza. One thing to notice is that the central piece of the grill does not pass through the middle of the S logo making it look a little asymmetrical. I feel it would have looked good with the S logo in the middle. Or is it just me looking at only the first look of the car?
Old 21st January 2016, 12:58   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this is one of the recent "good looking Maruti" vehicles, going by the cues so far. Can't keep my excitement down to see this in full!
Old 21st January 2016, 13:32   #310
BHPian

The front end from the teased image certainly looks mature. No bling (chrome) on the front grill...thats good to see and adds to the matured looks. Hope rest of the body is proportionate unlike the recently launched quirky KUV1OO. From the spy pics it does seem to be in good proportions. Need to wait until we see it in flesh.
If MSIL give it good engine (I wish they can plonk in the higher tune of DDiS 200 that does the job in Ciaz with approx 90 bhp) and price it sensibly, it can sell like hot cakes.

Eagerly awaiting the launch!
Old 21st January 2016, 13:39   #311
BHPian

That is a nice looking headlamp unit. I think I can spot Projectors & DRLs in it too. The camouflaged mules hint at a balanced stance & body shape too.

If Maruti can hit the aggressive price points being bandied about in the forum we should be looking at very nice Ecosport competitor.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:04   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
One thing to notice is that the central piece of the grill does not pass through the middle of the S logo making it look a little asymmetrical. I feel it would have looked good with the S logo in the middle. Or is it just me looking at only the first look of the car?
The mid line of the grill is made to cut through the Sharp Edges of the S to give it an illusion that the line bends there (may be like a wave or a heart beat)

IMHO I like this look for time being and it may look much better if the entire front end is visualized
Old 21st January 2016, 15:38   #313
BHPian

This is going to be priced so carefully,considering the recent pricing mishap's from Maruti/S-Cross. However this snake is going to bite swift with its tail and baleno with head.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 15:48   #314
BANNED

So, the international Vitara-S derived its grill design from the XA-Alpha, and XA-Alpha in turn borrowed Vitara's name! Sweet revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
This is going to be priced so carefully,considering the recent pricing mishap's from Maruti/S-Cross. However this snake is going to bite swift with its tail and baleno with head.
Yes, but as long as the sales stay in the Maruti family, hey shouldn't care much about it, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st January 2016 at 15:51.
Old 21st January 2016, 16:20   #315
BANNED

Sorry for the back-to-back posts. Mods, please merge.

Quote:
So, we can confirm there is no hood scoop. Spy pics were giving a slight hint of a hood scoop.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks