Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 13:18   #361
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello folks, Maruti has still not confirmed on which version of diesel engine (75 ps or 90 ps VGT) they are using on their new offering -The Brezza.
They might just spring a surprise by giving us the regular 75 ps DDiS so that S-cross 1.3 is not affected. Maruti thinks it might cannibalise sales of the S-cross if they go with 90 ps VGT.
In that case, Brezza is out of my list :(
But there seems to be a good chance for this, and may get a base diesel price as low as 6L.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 13:49   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

More details emerge/ converge on its power-train.

Powering the diesel version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza will be the same 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine that powers several other Maruti Suzuki cars in India.

Quote:
This engine will be tuned to deliver a maximum power output of 89bhp and a peak torque of 200Nm. The petrol engine, when launched, could either feature a 1.4-litre K-series gasoline unit or an all-new 1.5-litre engine. This engine will also power the export model as well.
The sub-4 metre SUV shares its design elements with the global Suzuki Vitara model, though the latter one is lengthier than the India-bound model. The vehicle also takes some of its design cues from the Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha concept that had made its debut at the Auto Expo 2012.

Source - MS site ( Vitara Brezza rendered)
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-6859_1346908625325659_4096319385331622552_n.jpg

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...ources/202839/

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th January 2016 at 13:57.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 13:52   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Powering the diesel version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza will be the same 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine that powers several other Maruti Suzuki cars in India.

The sub-4 metre SUV shares its design elements with the global Suzuki Vitara model, though the latter one is lengthier than the India-bound model. The vehicle also takes some of its design cues from the Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha concept that had made its debut at the Auto Expo 2012.
Now the question arises,will the 90hp engine suffice to pull the Breeza?
Old 27th January 2016, 14:15   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
As it is powering the bigger scross in India and does its duty well, it should do better in brezza.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 14:16   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
If 90hp can pull a S-Cross, it might as well pull the Brezza also. Only point to note will be 'how well'. Brezza could weigh less than S-Cross although I have no idea about its actual weight and if it does weigh less, I see no issue with a 90hp engine.

With less than 10 days for its launch at Auto Expo and the local service center being clueless about it, I wonder when will actual sale start. If this is promising, will go for it or else maybe S-Cross or I don't know what.
Old 27th January 2016, 14:54   #366
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1465559

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...ources/202839/
I hope Maruti Vitara Brezza will have the same front and rear track as that of international Vitara as both shares same 2500 mm wheelbase.
Old 27th January 2016, 21:17   #367
BANNED

How I wish if this sub-4m suv had been developed in the gypsy's ladder-frame chassis to replace it. What is the intention to have 3 suvs - vitara, scross and brezza - in monocoque structure and almost of the same size.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 22:17   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What is the intention to have 3 suvs - vitara, scross and brezza - in monocoque structure and almost of the same size.
There could be several:-

1. Offer different body types to suit different tastes. The S-Cross is more sedan than SUV in styling. Body types in both shape and size.
2. Offer products at a wide range of price points to address a larger customer spectrum. Helps marketshare.
3. Offer more options to the consumer by overlapping the pri ing of multiple models. Gives the customer better choice from your own product range. Also enables repeat buying decision. Helps retain customers in own fold.
4. More products is enabled by a great deal of platform sharing. Massively helps with maintaining cost competitiveness.

aditya79india is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 22:34   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I believe some of the spy pics posted earlier in this thread seem to indicate presence of cruise control.
Hello
If you are quoting to post #160 in this thread, it has this picture where it is difficult to spot the cruise control button/stick.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-cruise.jpg  

Old 27th January 2016, 22:40   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How did you end up choosing the Baleno which doesn't have a cruise control? I guess you can always delay the Baleno delivery citing some personal issues. Even if the Brezza offers cruise control, that would be only in the top spec, which might be couple of lakhs above the Baleno top end. Hope you are prepared to shell out the extra money.
Hey. I have been out in the market since July last to look for a car for myself. I have booked and cancelled three cars since then - the Elite i20, the Creta and the S-Cross - eventually realising that I need a trendy looking car in the range of 12 lakhs with Cruise Control as a must have feature.
Now, I have finally bought the Baleno as it is the best looking, feature rich and latest car in the market today. I could not have waited any longer for the Brezza as I have been using my mother's Micra since July. I could not have waited more (atleast a month more for the Brezza) to return the Micra to her.
Old 27th January 2016, 23:04   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hello
If you are quoting to post #160 in this thread, it has this picture where it is difficult to spot the cruise control button/stick.
Compare the steering wheel with the one on the S Cross. It definitely shows presence of cruise control buttons on RHS of steering.

Regards,
Shashi

Edit:-Congrats on your Baleno.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 27th January 2016 at 23:07.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 08:10   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza Global Premiere on 3rd Feb, Subscribe to webcast in below link,

Name:  vb.PNG
Views: 4592
Size:  14.2 KB

http://www.marutisuzukitransformotion.com/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2016 at 08:11.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:19   #373
BHPian

Quote:
If the actual Brezza is 90% close to this rendered image, MS will rule the sub-4m SUVs market for atleast another couple of years to come. With MS badge it will set the sales charts on fire.
Old 28th January 2016, 15:41   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello folks, Maruti has still not confirmed on which version of diesel engine (75 ps or 90 ps VGT) they are using on their new offering -The Brezza.
They might just spring a surprise by giving us the regular 75 ps DDiS
Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza only in diesel; Petrol variant to be exported to Indonesia. Petrol Variant for India at a later date.
Not sure of the above logic, could be after acceptance in the market more variants to be added? Or Could be after S Cross launch in petrol, the Vitara Brezza Petrol will follow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But there seems to be a good chance for this, and may get a base diesel price as low as 6L.
Thoughts on how the Vitara Brezza could turn out be:

Engines - Possible contenders:

Petrol Engines:
  • 1.2 lt 83 BHP K-Series (K12M)
  • 1.4 lt 91 BHP K-Series (K14B)
Diesel Engines:
  • 1.3 lt 74 BHP DDiS
  • 1.3 lt 89 BHP DDiS
The Brezza will be a sub-4-meter:
  • This means, the idea is to make use of the tax slab benefits
  • This also means it should be plonked with the 1.2 lt K-Series Petrol and 1.3 lt DDiS
  • To keep a tab on costs and to keep Nexa's (read Baleno) premium-ness intact, the choice will be in favour of 1.3 lt 74 BHP DDiS
  • Will Maruti be happy to offer and able to justify the same diesel engine to do duty in the Brezza that does so in the Swift and their other non-SUV cars?
Reports in the media earlier this week state that the Brezza will be launched only with diesel engine.
Refer Team-BHP article: http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...-diesel-engine

No petrol engine option? Is this an indication that some work in in progress to modify and tune the 1.2 lt K-Series to generate better power, say 90 BHP?

And the diesel engine? Would they tune the 1.3 lt DDiS to offer better power, say 82 BHP (mid-way between 74 and 89 of what they have now)

Feature Packaging:
  • Likely to have all features that Swift has,
  • Maybe a few from Baleno too
Pricing / Positioning:
  • Sub-4-meter,
  • Engines that qualify,
  • To be sold from Maruti Suzuki (and not the NEXA)
is a good indication that this will have to priced economically (not sure if I should say competitively here) and possibly undercut the Baleno?

I wonder what's going on in the minds of the different strategic teams that are going to position, market and price this compact-SUV!

Thanks,
C_
Old 28th January 2016, 16:09   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post

Engines - Possible contenders:

Petrol Engines:
  • 1.2 lt 83 BHP K-Series (K12M)
  • 1.4 lt 91 BHP K-Series (K14B)
Diesel Engines:
  • 1.3 lt 74 BHP DDiS
  • 1.3 lt 89 BHP DDiS

So have you ruled out the DDiS SVHS variant?
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks