Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2016, 15:59   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
They also speculate it will come in a range of petrol and diesel engines, though some reports are that it will come only in diesel and some speculate with a new 1.5L petrol engine.
The 1.3MJD in the VGT configuration ( 90 Hp) seem to be nearly confirmed by most reviews and Maruti Suzuki personnel ( RM, SA's)
Vitara Brezza to debut only in the diesel , Petrol Variant ( same as Ciaz ) likely to come later.

The 1.3MJD in the VGT configuration ( 90 Hp) is the same as in S Cross.

Source- S Manager/ Dealer

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2016 at 16:04.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 17:18   #347
BHPian

Any chance of the diesel variant coming in automatic like Creta ? Did he give any indication on the price band ?
Old 23rd January 2016, 18:31   #348
Senior - BHPian

I'm a bit surprised - has no one seen this from today's ET? It doesn't say its a rendering and considering Maruti's chief PR guy is ex-TOI, he may have given them this exclusive pic for the positive story.

Another one, since the first one appears vertical:The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-1453554452487.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd January 2016 at 18:51. Reason: merging posts.
StarScream is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 18:53   #349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I'm a bit surprised - has no one seen this from today's ET? It doesn't say its a rendering and considering Maruti's chief PR guy is ex-TOI, he may have given them this exclusive pic for the positive story.

Another one, since the first one appears vertical:Attachment 1464233

Thisis the international vitara, not the brezza.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 18:54   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Another one, since the first one appears vertical:Attachment 1464233
This is not the same as what we are getting in India. This is the regular Vitara sold internationally. Here's the review of the UK spec:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/su...ara/suv/review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/suzu...vitara-review/

Basically this slots below the S-cross in UK.

The one we are getting in India is a sub 4m even smaller than the above international one.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 19:03   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Thisis the international vitara, not the brezza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is not the same as what we are getting in India. This is the regular Vitara sold internationally. Here's the review of the UK spec:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/su...ara/suv/review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/suzu...vitara-review/

Basically this slots below the S-cross in UK.

The one we are getting in India is a sub 4m even smaller than the above international one.
My bad and an example of sloppy production standards where the graphics people haven't bothered to check what the story is about, why else would they use a picture of the Vitara for the Vitara Brezza?
Old 24th January 2016, 13:53   #352
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad and an example of sloppy production standards where the graphics people haven't bothered to check what the story is about, why else would they use a picture of the Vitara for the Vitara Brezza?
Because Google Images would have returned one of these official images of the International Vitara when they would have searched for the Brezza

By the way I still do not understand how is Maruti differentiating between their so-called Premium products for Nexa and the ones that will be sold in the regular dealerships.
Old 24th January 2016, 16:06   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way I still do not understand how is Maruti differentiating between their so-called Premium products for Nexa and the ones that will be sold in the regular dealerships.
As per what we've seen till date, there seems to be no fixed criteria of cost or specifications that separate the 'regular' Marutis from the 'premium' ones. The S-Cross and the Baleno are the only cars selling through NEXA, but the Ciaz, which started off their new higher-end lineup is still sold through regular dealerships, and not diverted to NEXA (perhaps waiting for a facelift or engine upgrade).
The Brezza, despite being in the somewhat more status and style oriented compact SUV segment, is still going to be sold through regular dealerships, while the upcoming Ignis, which is a much smaller and cheaper car for the mass market, is rumoured to be sold through NEXA.

There is no kind of pattern or trend emerging here, at least none distinctly visible. Maybe it is that they are selling the India-specific models or Indianized versions of international models through regular dealerships, while the cars that they are selling pretty much as is internationally, are sold through NEXA. But still, there is again a mish-mash.
For example, there's no way a Ciaz with a 90 BHP 1.3L motor is gonna sell in developed countries. But still, the Asian markets where it sells have a high value for it. But because it is not a global car they sell it through regular dealerships.
But at the same time, the Baleno, though an global model otherwise, in India-spec is also in a lowly 75 BHP configuration, and not the 100+ BHP BoosterJet one. Yet, it is sold through NEXA.

Now, what they could have also done is, to sell niche versions of their regular cars and the really high-end cars through NEXA, and everything else through regular dealerships. So NEXA would have consisted of say, a Vitara, an S-Cross, and a sporty edition BoosterJet Baleno, while the regular Baleno would have sold through regular dealerships.
But for that too, they'd need enough differentiation in terms of apparent value between variants of models to justify a different network altogether. For instance, the S-Cross 1.6 couldn't have been differentiated in terms of apparent value from the 1.3 to possibly sell them through different networks, despite the 1.6 being a far superior mechanical package. De-speccing the 1.3 or creating different variants would have devalued the 1.3. So that's another problem.

Ideally, once they set up such an exclusive network, we could have come to expect serious rumours of more premium cars coming India's way. The full size Vitara and another D-segment product perhaps. But apart from a few murmurs of the Vitara, which also went quiet later, we have heard nothing.
Maybe it is the fact that they don't have the high-capacity diesels to sell enough premium cars here. Maybe they want the NEXA brand to gel in well into the scene. Maybe they are just evaluating their options at this stage. Whichever way, once they have invested at a national level into this project, they should have started action soon.

Anyway, I do really hope that they don't take a 'throw-it-on-the-wall-see-if-it-sticks' option for any segment of model with NEXA. Or, sell their own directly competing cars such as Swift-Ritz or WagonR-Celerio through the two different networks. That'd be terrible, and only more confusing for the customer.

Now how they price and position this Brezza with respect to its competiton, and also with respect to their own similarly priced models such as the Ciaz and S-Cross remains to be seen. Maybe that will give us a hint about where things are going.
mukul32 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 16:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Vitara Brezza was originally targeted for Nexa as per a Nexa RM. However SCross numbers forced Maruti to change plans and launched Baleno in Nexa which was originally planned for regular showrooms. Now with Baleno's success the carrot is due at regular showrooms. I kind of agree with his explanation.

I was at Maruti service customer lounge yesterday (getting my WagonR serviced). While watching the cricket match, overheard a lady sales advisor trying to explain about Breeze (Maruti's New SUV) to a guy in mid-40s who is trying to search the vehicle in Google but couldn't find proper results. I had to step in and correct it to be "Brezza". God bless Team-bhp.

I couldn't forget the stare I got from the lady for the spell correction.
mrbaddy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:06   #355
BANNED

Source: http://www.autocarpro.in/interview/-...-america-10236

CV Raman, Executive Director – Engineering, Maruti Suzuki India says:

"The project took about 3.5 years to complete as we began work on it in 2012...
we used one of the platforms from the Suzuki portfolio and a common engine and developed it into the Vitara Brezza."

This means it developed in the Swift platform (new lightweight platform which underpins Baleno was not available at that time; Also, "a common engine" will surely be the 1.3 Multijet - either 75 / 90 BHP version. Means no Petrol as of now!
Old 26th January 2016, 13:46   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza only in diesel; Petrol variant to be exported to Indonesia. Petrol Variant for India at a later date.

Expects to top the Compact SUV segment -monthly sales of 10000 units , thus could be priced very competitively.

Not sure of the above logic, could be after acceptance in the market more variants to be added? Or Could be after S Cross launch in petrol, the Vitara Brezza Petrol will follow!

Quote:
The export version of Vitara Brezza is powered by 1.5L M series engine and will be exported to Indonesia.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...nesia/50729233

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th January 2016 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 15:09   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza only in diesel; Petrol variant to be exported to Indonesia. Petrol Variant for India at a later date.
Does this also mean the Brezza will not be coming with an Automatic Gearbox? If yes, then Maruti will be missing out on a major segment of buyers who want a reliable, inexpensive and convenient daily commute
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 16:30   #358
BHPian

I will not be surprised if the 1.0L booster jet is first tested on the Baleno and then passed on to the Breeza as well. Maruti might want to restrict itself to the 90bhp version until the boosterjet proves to be a success
Old 26th January 2016, 18:36   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Not sure of the above logic, could be after acceptance in the market more variants to be added? Or Could be after S Cross launch in petrol, the Vitara Brezza Petrol will follow!...
1. Price it competitively with the diesel option
2. Generate enough and more sales and slowly increase the price
3. Launch the petrol in the created price space or close to the initial diesel variant price

This way, the car will have the same starting price for a whole lot of time to come. My take is, probably the petrol engine will be introduced with a face lift 2-3 years till the price gap is achieved.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 12:28   #360
BHPian

Hello folks, Maruti has still not confirmed on which version of diesel engine (75 ps or 90 ps VGT) they are using on their new offering -The Brezza.
They might just spring a surprise by giving us the regular 75 ps DDiS so that S-cross 1.3 is not affected. Maruti thinks it might cannibalise sales of the S-cross if they go with 90 ps VGT.
In that case, Brezza is out of my list :(
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed