Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 19:01   #451
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

I see not one, but pieces from many cars here. Window line and C Pillar from Elite i20, Swift's roof and ORVM, grille from the DZire facelift, airdam mesh from Pajero Sport, wheel arches from Kwid (or from Mahindra), Cooper's stance, and wheels look like they were copied from Sumo Grande!

P.S.: I don't mean to offend anyone, though I'm sure I have already.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 19:01   #452
BHPian

Hey Mates,

Here is the image showing the features of MS Vitara Brezza across all the varaints.

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Variants & Features Leaked:
While Maruti Suzuki will be officially unveiling the Vitara Brezza at the 2016 auto expo on February 3, the variants and features list of the model have been leaked online leaving little to one's imagination. An extremely important product for the automaker, the Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300 challenger will be offered in a total of six variants - LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. Here is a look at all features, each of these variants offer.

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...from=home-auto
AutoAficionado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 21:45   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Hey Mates,

Here is the image showing the features of MS Vitara Brezza across all the varaints.
I think Maruti is missing a big trick by not launching the petrols, and especially the petrol automatics. Many people have come to realize that their driving does not need a diesel, and an auto is always welcome these days.
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:02   #454
BHPian

Maruti's strategy is reminiscent of Floyd "the money" Mayweather. Relentless punch after punch to all the other manufacturers and at the same time laughing all the way to the bank.

First the baleno was a knockout punch to the premium hatches and now the brezza looks to have all the potential to deliver a killer blow to the ecosport, tuv, and the duster.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:07   #455
BHPian

Do you think dealers are accepting bookings for this?

I like this and keen to buy one as soon as a test drive is available.

Though I would love to have a petrol engine.

And not the N. A. 1.2 petrol engine.
Old 29th January 2016, 23:21   #456
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Here is the Vitara Brezza...looks stunning...!!!
Thanks thatsdileep, that's one great looking car from Maruti! And if they gave it the AWD treatment at the upper-end, then, together with Maruti's sensible pricing, this would probably prove unbeatable in the segment - a thoroughbred mini-SUV.
Old 29th January 2016, 23:41   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Thanks thatsdileep, that's one great looking car from Maruti! And if they gave it the AWD treatment at the upper-end, then, together with Maruti's sensible pricing, this would probably prove unbeatable in the segment - a thoroughbred mini-SUV.

I'm glad to share these pics with fellow BHPians. I don't think Brezza will be offered with AWD in India in near future (if not ever) as it will push the price too high and the segment of the crowd that would prefer a AWD is quite small especially from MS which is perceived as budget reliable car manufacturer among General public.
thatsdileep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:49   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealers start advertising the Vitara Brezza, bookings to open soon - confirms the 1.3L diesel at launch!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 7504
Size:  486.1 KB
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-ure.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th January 2016 at 23:58.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:13   #459
BHPian

2016 Vitara detailed review from Europe is here:
dileepcm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:23   #460
BHPian

With those kind of looks and features, there is no doubt that this will be a runaway success.

Brezza at least deserves DDIS200. (Don't want to even talk about the DDIS 320. *Daydreaming*)
I was following the S cross thread and owners reporting mileage in excess of 20 kmpl in the real world.

Looks like no stone has been left unturned with the Brezza. Pretty sure that Maruti is going to price it sensibly after the S Cross episode.

ZDI+ Brezza with the Dual tone paint, DDIS200.

A question though : Can someone please tell me what are those lights on the bumper between the fog lamps and the headlamps? DRLs are integrated within the headlamps, so not sure what is the purpose of those lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Dealers start advertising the Vitara Brezza, bookings to open soon - confirms the 1.3L diesel at launch!
Attachment 1466334
Dealers are still copying the International Vitara's pics. The pics in second image are not of the Brezza.
mayank0782 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:36   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post

A question though : Can someone please tell me what are those lights on the bumper between the fog lamps and the headlamps? DRLs are integrated within the headlamps, so not sure what is the purpose of those lights.
That would be the 'Unique Turn Indicator in the Bumper' according to Maruti. Unique since no car has had it since the 800?
SchumiFan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:37   #462
BHPian

This funny article is a must read:
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has launched its highly anticipated Vitara Brezza compact SUV at the ongoing Indian Auto Expo in Greater Noida.
Quote:
The compact SUV is on sale now and features a price tag of Rs. XXX.

Quote:
Powering this beautiful compact SUV is a range of Maruti powerplants, which includes the 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre petrol units and the time-tested, fiat sourced 1.3-litre DDiS, which delivers a reasonable 90PS.
Quote:
Brezza will be made available at Nexa dealerships soon
Source: Business Standard

I was shocked to read that the Vitara Brezza has already launched at the Auto Expo, which is, err, a few days from now.
Some auto journalists may have the power to travel in the future, but they still won't get their facts right
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-maruti-vitara-brezza-unveiled-2016-indian-auto-expo-business-standard-news.png  

HolyDriver is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:50   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Duster and Creta are in a different segment( > 4m)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Is it just me who thinks that a regular version (non sub 4M) could have taken the regular compact SUVs like Duster/Creta seriously than S-Cross. Looks to me in the current form Vitara Brezza will fight with Ecosport/TUV300/Tata's NEXON and not the segment above.
Even though the regular Vitara (Global) could've been launched here which might have pitted against Creta/Duster, but still I seriously think this Vitara Brezza with its stunning looks backed by the ever presence Maruti service network will surely make a dent in the sales of Creta/Duster/Terrano, other than the Ecosport/TUV300.

Tata is again late with their offering Nexon - everytime they've a capable product only to be launched later in their corresponding segment when the initial hoopla is over - earlier Zest/Bolt, now Zica, future Nexon .
Old 30th January 2016, 00:55   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
That would be the 'Unique Turn Indicator in the Bumper' according to Maruti. Unique since no car has had it since the 800?
The gypsy has it too, albeit with parking light on the same assembly. I guess the Brezza got it so that people may relate to an SUV from the same line up.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-gypsy_wallpaper_3_1024x768.jpg
Image taken from Maruti's website. Copyright - respective owners

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th January 2016 at 00:57.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 02:07   #465
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
A question though : Can someone please tell me what are those lights on the bumper between the fog lamps and the headlamps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The WagonR too had it. The ones before 2003 model with the front registration plate located with a offset towards driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The gypsy has it too
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks