Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 17:11   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Everything about this car screams a success, something which the S cross never did even when it was confirmed that it will be launched with the 320 DDIS.

I expect some of the Creta sales to move towards this one too.

Maruti Guys, you can chill and relax. You have a winner at hand
Old 1st February 2016, 17:52   #527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Just don't go overboard with pricing as done with S-Cross and [don't] make it exclusive for Nexa only.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 18:00   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My apologies for a typo there - it's ~10.5L for the top variant, not 11.5L.
I hope you come good this time.

Last time you broke many a heart, including mine, with your prediction on the Creta.
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 18:11   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Everything about this car screams a success, something which the S cross never did even when it was confirmed that it will be launched with the 320 DDIS.

I expect some of the Creta sales to move towards this one too.

No manufacturer can chill and relax till the sales number start talking

These days most manufacturers unveil the products and announce the pricing later basis the feedback and interest generated. A positive interest does give them an opportunity to be overtly ambitious

This car definitely has the potential to set the sales charts on fire, but the only thing that remains to be seen is the actual pricing. If MSIL go the S Cross pricing way, then yet another competent product will be an under performer

I personally have deferred the delivery of the Creta and would shift to the Brezza if an A/T is offered
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 18:17   #530
Senior - BHPian

C'Mon Maruti, launch this car already. I'm having attention problems in office right now. Constantly searching the web for scoops of all upcoming cars, the Vitara Brezza being priority.
I like the way Maruti is playing their cards with the DDiS engine. 75bhp for Baleno and 90bhp for Vitara Brezza, so people are not confused any further when it comes to buying. But given the government's efforts to reduce pollution due to diesel engines and all, offering only diesel does not make sense. I'm sure they will launch the petrol one as well soon.
Old 1st February 2016, 18:24   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
One major reason for Creta's lead in terms of sales against SCross is its looks. Since you are saying that Creta need to worry, how Brezza looks in front of Creta?
Unlike the S-Cross, the Brezza is a looker and has excellent street presence. It is one of those cars which you would turn and take a second look at before entering your home.

Overall, Creta is still the better looker (specially from the side profile), but make no mistake, the Brezza is easily one of the best looking recent cars to have come out of the Maruti stable.

Quote:
I expect 6.5 - 9L for Diesel.
I hope you are right, but Maruti birdies are usually quite reliable in their pricing disclosures.

Moreover, a starting price of 6.5L would put it uncomfortably close, straight into Baleno territory. Maruti would want to make sure that the Brezza is in it's own price band, priced closer to the EcoSport, yet low enough for people to perceive it as a more VFM proposition than the segment competition. That way, Baleno can also continue to bask in it's sales glory.

Although there is considerable improvement in Nexa numbers, Maruti would want Baleno to sustain it's sales volumes for the next 6 months at least, so that their Nexa outlets get a chance to stabilise and show profits.

Quote:
Can we expect a Gypsy out of this car, at a later stage?
Unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
MS themselves would be confused on how to price this. Baleno diesel starts at 6.16 and S-Cross at 7.79.
Not coming with a Petrol engine can mean a lot of volume lost to competition.
No confusion at all. Sensibility screams that it should be priced bang right in the middle of Baleno & S-Cross pricing. If Maruti don't shoot themselves in the foot again by becoming over-ambitious like they did for the S-Cross launch, the pricing should be right where the birdies have twittered.

I have a feeling the birdie's right. Maruti won't repeat the S-Cross pricing fiasco again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The recent prices drop of S Scross might has something to do with pricing the Brezza. May be it will be sitting just above SCross being it a Pseudo SUV.
No chance.

The Brezza will be below the S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
However, there's one thing about great looking cars. The dazzling first impressions gradually tend to get overshadowed by real-world performance and practicality. Therefore, while the Vitara Brezza does sound sufficiently equipped to take on the S-Cross 200, it would be naive to believe the latter cannot hold a candle against the former.
The S-Cross is definitely the better car here, but given a choice, I would pick the Brezza top variant against the S-Cross's lower variants simply because of it's better looks, similar engine but better performance, lower price paid for almost same features, and a more contemporary car which, unlike the "perfect crossover", gives me a chance to stand out in the crowd.

The target group's (25-35 years of age) preference these days is on these lines. It's the main reason why the EcoSport is still selling at those exorbitantly outlandish prices even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Imagine if they just said, "we're stopping Swift and Dzire and are launching Baleno, Brezza..". People would've not felt that these are an upgrade over the Swift and Dzire.

They're already ahead in the race and are now making sure that they stay ahead by a mile.
They say competition brings out the best, and more so if it's for the market leader. Maruti has shown to the world that what the other companies can do against them, they can do better. Hats off to their perseverance, continuous and tireless efforts to improve products, sustain and increase their market share, and walk with the changing times & scenarios around them. For once, the company deserves a standing ovation for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I hope you come good this time.

Last time you broke many a heart, including mine, with your prediction on the Creta.
In Creta's case, I saw the prices with my own eyes. How I wish I could have taken a spy shot of that Excel sheet which was sent by the company! But, I was not permitted to do so.

Only mistake I did was that I forgot to include 20% state-charged VAT in those prices.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st February 2016 at 18:28.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 18:40   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No chance.

The Brezza will be below the S-Cross.
We had high hopes from Maruti when S cross was launched not too long ago. All we got was a rude shock, specially for 1.6 variants. All birdies disappeared with their pricing the moment actual prices were out. I had quoted the same thing that the discounts would flow in 6 months and then recently we had almost 2L cut on 1.6 running now.

I would love to see Brezza below S cross but looking at the Creta and the response it got, Brezza with the Pseudo SUV looks, will mostly be in between S cross and Creta. That would surely make it VFM compared to Creta, yet not killing its own sibling S cross. Thats just what I think !!
Old 1st February 2016, 18:41   #533
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Avi for all the information. As usual you came good before anyone else
I agree to your birdies price speculation. The S Cross fiasco has taught Maruti what the market perceives as a VFM proposition and it's too smart to make the same mistake again. They have to price Brezza at least 50k above Baleno variant wise thus making sure Baleno sales won't be affected a lot. Though, in any case any cross shopping in the same brand is a net profit for Maruti anyway.

Personally, I loved the front look and even though I haven't seen the back yet, I am sure overall it's gonna be a looker from most angles. My current requirement is a small hatch otherwise I would have loved to book Brezza right away. Even if they would have given a petrol engine I could have stretched my budget for the same.

It will be a blockbuster but I hope Maruti sorts out the production and it won't be on a waiting for 6 months and so just like Baleno is right now.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:39   #534
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see Brezza below S cross but looking at the Creta and the response it got, Brezza with the Pseudo SUV looks, will mostly be in between S cross and Creta. That would surely make it VFM compared to Creta, yet not killing its own sibling S cross. Thats just what I think
If the Brezza is between S Cross and Creta, I am not sure whether -for me- there remain any reason to buy Brezza. My two cents.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:43   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see Brezza below S cross but looking at the Creta and the response it got, Brezza with the Pseudo SUV looks, will mostly be in between S cross and Creta. That would surely make it VFM compared to Creta, yet not killing its own sibling S cross. Thats just what I think !!
The car is under 4M length and it carries an engine under 1.5L. All points to favorable excise cuts.
Final clue is it being launched in Maruti showrooms and not Nexa.

No way it is priced above S-Cross for any like for a like version. Although cannot rule out Maruti doing a Ford (Ecosport) and gradually driving up the price based on market's response.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 1st February 2016 at 19:51.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 21:40   #536
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if these pictures are shared already.
Source : http://www.vicky.in/car/maruti-vitar...-car-in-india/
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzabluecolourfront500x500.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzafront500x500.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzareardualtonecolor500x500.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzarearview500x500.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzaside500x500.jpg

The new colors look trendy, though I am not sure how would they age.
The rear looks more like S Cross and loses out that SUV character. The car is quite short as well.
The top end ZDi+ should cost close to 13lacs on-road here in Bangalore.

Last edited by PrideRed : 1st February 2016 at 21:51.
PrideRed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 21:41   #537
Senior - BHPian

I feel Maruti have learned their lesson from the SCross's pricing fiasco. The way they priced the Baleno and the fact that this vehicle was developed from grounds up in India and the 10 k per month targeted units all points to the likelihood of a killer pricing from Maruti this time around. There should be an absolute moron high up their corporate ladder to goof up so quickly again. Unlikely scenario me thinks. This should sit bang in between the Baleno and the SCross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Not sure if these real pictures are shared already.
Source : http://www.vicky.in/car/maruti-vitar...-car-in-india/
The new colors look trendy, though I am not sure how would they age.
These are pictures of the international Vitara, not the Brezza. The Brezza is a compact SUV (<4 mts) that is heavily inspired by this Vitara, but is not the same vehicle.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st February 2016 at 21:45.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:05   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Not sure if these real pictures are shared already
Not the Brezza. You were looking at its bigger cousin, the Grand Vitara sold in other markets. Different looker from the Vitara brezza.
Also, notice the badging and the steering wheel on the left.
Graven5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:35   #539
BHPian

Here is a price comparison of the Baleno & S Cross 1.3 L variants on offer (all prices ex showroom Delhi)
I have excluded the DDIS 320 as that is not speculated to be offered in the Brezza

Maruti has enough room to place the Brezza comfortably in between the two even in the 90 BHP avatar

While we have been discussing the impact on Baleno/S Cross, the Brezza may also have the potential to impact Ciaz sales significantly. Not many would mind the high GC given our road conditions and ofcourse the "SUV" stance
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-baleno-s-cross-pricing.jpg  

amit_2025 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:53   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Had a chance to check out the Vitara Brezza in the flesh over the weekend. My cellphones were confiscated, so apologies for no pictures.
Awesome Avi. You always seem to be one of the first one from general public to get your hands on the new machines pre-launch. Appreciate you sharing your impressions about the Brezza.

Wanted to ask a few things:
  • How is the rear view from the IRVM...is it limited like the ecosport or better?
  • How is NVH level (I understand you just had a chance to crank up the engine at standstill). Is it contained or did you observe engine noise penetrating into the cabin. Is there a under the hood padding for noise insulation?
  • I'm guessing the top end version has push start button?
  • Does the top end get both rack and tilt adjustment for the steering?
  • How are seats in terms of under thigh support, lumbar support, foam density as well as height adjustment?
  • What did your birdie say as to when it will go on sale?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks