Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 23:19   #541
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Many have seen the car and some have driven, suspect one such report is now out, with the leaked specs!

http://www.carcomparos.com/2016/01/v...ison.html#more
Thanks a bunch Volkman for sharing this info. Noticed one more aspect from the shared link:
Quote:
Ground Clearance (mm): Vitara Brezza – 200, EcoSport – 200
Should commend MS for considering such high GC and going head on to Ecosport in all aspects (except for safety...2 air bags vs 6)
Old 2nd February 2016, 01:08   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
  • How is the rear view from the IRVM...is it limited like the ecosport or better?
  • How is NVH level (I understand you just had a chance to crank up the engine at standstill). Is it contained or did you observe engine noise penetrating into the cabin. Is there a under the hood padding for noise insulation?
  • I'm guessing the top end version has push start button?
  • Does the top end get both rack and tilt adjustment for the steering?
  • How are seats in terms of under thigh support, lumbar support, foam density as well as height adjustment?
  • What did your birdie say as to when it will go on sale?
  • Much better, judging from my fleeting glances through it.
  • NVH levels were controlled, but some noise filtered into the cabin. Slightly better than the Ciaz diesel's cabin. Under-hood insulation sheet is provided.
  • Yes, start/stop system is present.
  • Didn't get a chance to check this, but I am sure I saw the lever for Tilt adjustment under the steering wheel.
  • Under-thigh support = decent, lumbar support = present, foam density = as in most Marutis, height adjustment = present, with a decent range.
  • Early March. Bookings will be open from launch day at the 2016 Auto Expo, with deliveries commencing from March onwards. Many dealers have already commenced unofficial bookings of the Brezza, with amounts ranging anywhere between 21,000 - 51,000 rupees.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:06   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
  • Much better, judging from my fleeting glances through it.
  • NVH levels were controlled, but some noise filtered into the cabin. Slightly better than the Ciaz diesel's cabin. Under-hood insulation sheet is provided.
  • Yes, start/stop system is present.
  • Didn't get a chance to check this, but I am sure I saw the lever for Tilt adjustment under the steering wheel.
  • Under-thigh support = decent, lumbar support = present, foam density = as in most Marutis, height adjustment = present, with a decent range.
  • Early March. Bookings will be open from launch day at the 2016 Auto Expo, with deliveries commencing from March onwards. Many dealers have already commenced unofficial bookings of the Brezza, with amounts ranging anywhere between 21,000 - 51,000 rupees.

Thanks for your responses Mate. Now eagerly awaiting the launch and the pricing today. Does anyone know at what time is the launch of Brezza?
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:08   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Thanks for your responses Mate. Now eagerly awaiting the launch and the pricing today. Does anyone know at what time is the launch of Brezza?
Be patient, global unveiling of Vitara Brezza is on 3rd, today is the launch of Ameo- VW's compact Sedan!

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2016 at 09:15.
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:14   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Be patient, launch is on 3rd, today is the launch of Ameo- VW's compact Sedan!

Is it the launch on 3rd ? As per my knowledge its only the unveiling. Launch might happen after the expo.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:43   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Be patient, global unveiling of Vitara Brezza is on 3rd, today is the launch of Ameo- VW's compact Sedan!

Oh yeah I remember it was mentioned as 3rd. I just jumped forward by a day. Thanks for retrieving me back to present date.
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:28   #547
BHPian

Very good move by Maruti. This was one area where they had no presence. And they are entering this segment with a nice looking product. Backed by Maruti's reliable sales and service, Vitara Brezza seems to have a good future in getting a foothold in crowded Indian passenger car market. In my opinion, they should also launch a Petrol version along with diesel. If not done, they will lose quite a substantial amount of customers as might have happened with S-Cross. Petrol and diesel price difference is not substantial now and many people who have low monthly running prefer a Petrol car instead of Diesel one.
xs2mayank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:13   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And, since the Brezza is lighter, expect it to be more sprightly and peppy than the EcoSport.

It was the ZDI+.

1) Definitely lesser than the Creta, and much lesser than the S-Cross, specially the rear seat. It's humongous in the S-Cross. Boot space, while better than the EcoSport, is lesser than both Creta & S-Cross.

2) 300-odd liters boot space, would be my guess. Think DZire/Baleno numbers.

3) I am told they are HIDs, not halogens. But couldn't make out due to the bright sunshine.

4) Not right off the bat, according to birdie. Customers will be given option when they book their cars and dual-color Brezzas will arrive accordingly. Solid/Metallic shades will be available for immediate delivery.

5) Brezza, no doubt. Unless you need the cavernous space (and better build quality) of the S-Cross, the top-end Brezza beats the S-Cross hollow in terms of features offered and in design & looks factor alone.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. A few more questions,

1. How is the ease of ingress/egress when you compare it to a Ritz or a Scorpio? Do you have to climb on to it or just walk inside? My parents have difficulty in getting into a Scorpio/Safari but were very happy with the S-Cross.

2. Will 3 people sitting in 2nd row for long distance have difficulty or will it be a tight situation? We are average build people with average Indian height of 5'6".

3. Did you get to see vehicle at dealership? The dealership here is clueless about it.

4. Any idea about colors available?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd February 2016 at 11:30.
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:37   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Quote:
My apologies for a typo there - it's ~10.5L for the top variant, not 11.5L.
I hope you come good this time. Last time you broke many a heart, including mine, with your prediction on the Creta.
While I appreciate RavenAvi's access to first hand info from the birdies, I hope the actual prices at launch would be more competitive!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I expect 6.5 - 9L for Diesel.
I hope you are right, but Maruti birdies are usually quite reliable in their pricing disclosures. Moreover, a starting price of 6.5L would put it uncomfortably close, straight into Baleno territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
At 7L ex-showroom Delhi, this is too close to the S-Cross which starts 7.79L Delhi.MS themselves would be confused on how to price this. Baleno diesel starts at 6.16 and S-Cross at 7.79.
No confusion at all. Sensibility screams that it should be priced bang right in the middle of Baleno & S-Cross pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
We had high hopes from Maruti when S cross was launched not too long ago. All we got was a rude shock
I would love to see Brezza below S cross
It has to be, and by a good margin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The car is under 4M length and it carries an engine under 1.5L. All points to favourable excise cuts.
Final clue is it being launched in Maruti showrooms and not Nexa.

No way it is priced above S-Cross for any like for a like version. Although cannot rule out Maruti doing a Ford (Ecosport) and gradually driving up the price based on market's response.
Looks like most opinions of fellow Team-BHPians on pricing the Vitara Brezza are making it Nexa-ish
I have posted earlier on this thread, and like SchumiFan points out:
  • the Brezza is a compact SUV and a sub-4-meter at that, has got smaller engines within the tax brackets and is slotted for launch from Maruti Suzuki (not Nexa).
  • If it is going to be in the 7 - 10.5 L range as pointed out by RavenAvi and the birdies, then Maruti Suzuki might as well push it to Nexa

OR

price it in the range of 6.2 - 9.2 L with both 74 and 89 BHP DDiS options!
Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:00   #550

I see a disruptive trend developing within the Maruti stable. First they brought back Baleno brand with absolutely no resemblance (direct or indirect) to the original Baleno. Then came in S-cross which is reminiscent of SX4 brand but again no resemblance to its predecessor. And now, Brezza which in no way is a descendant of old Vitara. Infact, I remember a similar sort of experiment done with erstwhile Zen.

However, coming back to the car in spotlight, I agree with the fellow bhp-ians, in terms of exterior looks it is just another incarnation of good old Swift. Looking at the pics, it doesn't give a grand feel and honestly we are now bored with anything that looks like Swift http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:56   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
1. How is the ease of ingress/egress when you compare it to a Ritz or a Scorpio? Do you have to climb on to it or just walk inside? My parents have difficulty in getting into a Scorpio/Safari but were very happy with the S-Cross.

2. Will 3 people sitting in 2nd row for long distance have difficulty or will it be a tight situation? We are average build people with average Indian height of 5'6".

3. Did you get to see vehicle at dealership? The dealership here is clueless about it.

4. Any idea about colors available?
1) You walk into the car, just like the EcoSport. Better than the Ritz & the Scorpio, which require some effort to get in/out. Elder folk will really appreciate this aspect of the Brezza.

2) Rear seat is quite like the Baleno - 3 can sit in decently enough. The seat itself is quite comfortable, but can't say about how it will fare for long distances. Headroom & legroom are plenty, but shoulder-room might be lacking.

3) Can't disclose this. Sorry.

4) I am told White, Silver, Blue, Black, Red & Orange will be on offer. No clarification for the Maruti-specific colour shade yet - Granite Grey.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:03   #552
BANNED

Quote:

3) Can't disclose this. Sorry.
One more question: Is it built on the current Swift platform or the new Baleno platform?

Just out of curiosity: You seem to have a very clear picture of the new launches from different manufacturers - almost! Are you working for ARAI?
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:06   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
One more question: Is it built on the current Swift platform or the new Baleno platform?
VB is based on the SWIFT platform!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:12   #554
BANNED

Quote:
VB is based on the SWIFT platform!
There was news saying that the new Swift will be launched in 2017/18 in the new Baleno platform. In this case, will they launch the revised Brezza as well once the new Swift is launched, just like the DZire? Or retain the current platform?
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:15   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for answering my queries. This time I'm relying heavily on your feedback as we both had suffered during Creta launch regarding the pricing fiasco. I had also seen the pricelist from them but alas, it was not the case leading you to settle for a Petrol 1.6 and myself still hunting for something.

Looking at the comparative prices of Baleno and S-Cross on this thread, I personally feel that ZDi+ would not go over the 10L band, maybe priced in between 8.99L to 9.49L. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that Maruti announces the prices also tomorrow.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks