Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:16   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There was news saying that the new Swift will be launched in 2017/18 in the new Baleno platform. In this case, will they launch the revised Brezza as well once the new Swift is launched, just like the DZire? Or retain the current platform?
Guess you are aware that Maruti Suzuki's 1.5 diesel will arrive in late 2017 or 2018.

IMO, at that point most of the Vitara Brezza will get tweaked to accommodate that engine to adopt to the New Swift platform.

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2016 at 15:17.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:39   #557
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Guess you are aware that Maruti Suzuki's 1.5 diesel will arrive in late 2017 or 2018.

IMO, at that point most of the Vitara Brezza will get tweaked to accommodate that engine to adopt to the New Swift platform.
But if it need to move to the new platform, it will require not only a tweak in the engine bay, but to use an entirely new (light weight) platform as well!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd February 2016 at 15:57.
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:08   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
  • the Brezza is a compact SUV and a sub-4-meter at that, has got smaller engines within the tax brackets and is slotted for launch from Maruti Suzuki (not Nexa).
  • If it is going to be in the 7 - 10.5 L range as pointed out by RavenAvi and the birdies, then Maruti Suzuki might as well push it to Nexa

OR

price it in the range of 6.2 - 9.2 L with both 74 and 89 BHP DDiS options!
I think the price-cut for S-Cross shows Maruti has realized that they cannot charge premium prices for Nexa cars, at least not yet. The Baleno, even though sold through Nexa, has been priced "right" and not at a premium. So I think Brezza being sold through Maruti or Nexa doesn't really make a difference as far as its pricing is concerned.

Given the market's craze for crossovers/pseudo-SUVs, I would be surprised if Brezza is priced below Baleno. There would be a premium on the Brezza compared to Baleno. Based on the Baleno and S-Cross price list posted in the earlier page, an 80k premium over Baleno (Sigma variant) would bring Brezza to 7L starting price and bang in the middle of Baleno and S-Cross entry-level variants. I think RavenAvi is spot-on with his pricing information - at least the starting price, if not the price of the top-end variant.
StarrySky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:21   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But if it need to move to the new platform, it will require not only a tweak in the engine bay, but to use an entirely new (light weight) platform as well!
Since they already have the 1.5 engine and know the envelope they will do minimum changes to this and Vitara Brezza could be in a standalone platform where more local vehicles could be developed.
Initial plan for the VB was a launch with the Suzuki Diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I would be surprised if Brezza is priced below Baleno. There would be a premium on the Brezza compared to Baleno. Based on the Baleno and S-Cross price list posted in the earlier page, an 80k premium over Baleno (Sigma variant) would bring Brezza to 7L starting price and bang in the middle of Baleno and S-Cross entry-level variants.
You can take it for sure that Vitara Brezza will slot above Baleno but lower than S Cross.
Pricing and Engine details have been indicated by Maruti to top dealers and that is where the 7 - 11 Lakh figues are floating around.

But Maruti has changed such indicative prices for S Cross and hence even the dealers are skeptical on the figures given by MS.

IMO, the range topping Vitara Brezza will retail at 9.5 lakhs ex showroom (Del)

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2016 at 16:24.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:13   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Here is the Vitara Brezza...looks stunning...!!!
thatsdileep, you've been credited for the Brezza images yet again, this time by zigwheels.com . TeamBHP is the primary source of information, everyone in the industry takes a peek at our forum and update their news

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-vb.jpg

http://www.zigwheels.com/gallery/sli...lery/24337/1/4

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 2nd February 2016 at 17:18.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:43   #561
BHPian

What is with MSIL and lack of side and curtain airbags? S-Cross didn't have them. Brezza won't have them either (speculated). My family travels in the back and this is one of the key safety features that MSIL keeps omitting over and over again.

Apart from that, Brezza looks good. Hoping that pricing is competitive as well. We'll know more tomorrow.

My wait continues.
sngautam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:02   #562
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be revealed tomorrow

Maruti Suzuki, the Indian Automotive industry leader, has confirmed that its eagerly anticipated sub-4m crossover - the Vitara Brezza, will be officially unveiled tomorrow, i.e, 3rd of February 2016. This important revelation will take place at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, at the opening day of the 13th Delhi Auto Expo.

SOURCE: IndianAutosBlog
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:15   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
What is with MSIL and lack of side and curtain airbags? S-Cross didn't have them. Brezza won't have them either (speculated). My family travels in the back and this is one of the key safety features that MSIL keeps omitting over and over again.

Apart from that, Brezza looks good. Hoping that pricing is competitive as well. We'll know more tomorrow.

My wait continues.
That's asking for a little too much isn't it? I mean in the last 3-4 months, 2 airbags have become standard in few cars and optional in some cars too. The only car I think that has 6 airbags below 10 Lakhs are the Figo twins. 2 airbags should become mandatory IMO and 6 should come later. Let the cars with no airbags have 2 of 'em and then 6.
"You must Walk before you run".
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:34   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza in white spied earlier!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-capture.png

Source: GW
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:59   #565
Senior - BHPian

Most of the SUVs/Crossovers looks very good in white. Am I the only one who think Brezza looks horrible in white?

Overall design of the vehicle and white black colour combination somehow does not match. Or is it because of bad picture quality?

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd February 2016 at 22:00.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:01   #566
BHPian

The car looks horrendous in white.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:09   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Most of the SUVs/Crossovers looks very good in white. Am I the only one who think Brezza looks horrible in white?

Overall design of the vehicle and white black colour combination somehow does not match. Or is it because of bad picture quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
RavenAvi commented too, that white is looking bad when he had seen it person. White might be the least preferred color for Brezza.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:35   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza in white spied earlier!...
Source: GW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
That spy shot, am sure is heavily re-worked. I can't seem to remember a completely un-disguised car getting caught on cam. On the other hand, this looks like one of the camouflaged spy shots. Look at the bumper and you can see that it's edited. They took an earlier spy shot and touched it up. The grill also doesn't look like the production version.

Edit:: Attaching the original pic. Image copy right - GW.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-maruticompactsuvyba.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-maruticompactsuvyba_.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd February 2016 at 22:40. Reason: Adding Original Image
swiftnfurious is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:48   #569
BHPian

Called up a few dealerships and seems the bookings will open only by feb 22nd, added to it they are clueless!
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:51   #570
BHPian

Amazing deduction swiftnfurious and I agree

At the very least that white Brezza pic appears shopped. Look at how the doors are 'planted' on the car, they look clumsy and not natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Called up a few dealerships and seems the bookings will open only by feb 22nd, added to it they are clueless!
I went to a dealership today, they also were speaking of taking bookings by Feb end/ March beginning. Apparently we won't get to see the car until then either.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 2nd February 2016 at 22:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks