Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 23:14   #331
BHPian

Brezza looks extremely stylish. Hope they disappoint by offering 75 ps diesel version. It will sure set the sales chart on fire. Expect long waiting periods.
CarMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 23:18   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Whoa ! That is one sexy vehicle. Suddenly i am getting a feeling that the delay in delivery of my Baleno Alpha might turn out to be a blessing in a disguise ! :-D Any idea about the official launch date ?

Official launch expected to be on Feb 3rd with bookings to follow after the Auto Expo.
Old 21st January 2016, 23:51   #333
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Well Maruti seems to have taken that "Audi Image Gate" personally.
And they hit back with a superb teaser !! As the speculations go, if its priced below the S cross, there is no doubt Maruti is going to add another volume churner in their kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Wow...!!!
If this is priced competently, this can and will give sleepless nights to Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Ford EcoSport and sorts. Hyundai Creta may not feel the force as it is priced well higher but for others it can surely be a nightmare, if Maruti doesn't does for a price blunder like S-Cross.
I feel that even S cross will feel the heat as I am sure this is going to be a very good ride and handling package plus being feature loaded.
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:43   #334
BANNED

It's clear again from the video that no hood scoop is present. Has a very thick roof.

I was wondering how could maruti keep this car away from clear spy pics even now, just before the launch.

Still not clear why maruti tried to develop this car from scratch when the international vitara is just 4170mm in length, and they could easily chop off 170mm from it to make it under 4m. And it looks similar too, even though all the body panels are different, and sits on the swift platform instead of the scross platform. There should be a significant cost advantage. Another reason for me to guess that the base diesel model will come at 6.5L.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-img_20160122_072849_359.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-img_20160122_072832_046.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-img_20160122_072815_494.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:32   #335
Senior - BHPian

Looks clean and very attractive. Waiting for the full preview now.

And sometimes we follow a car for too long that we forget how the initial spy shots were. The window lines, the face, the alloys, the shape of headlights, C pillar etc can all be seen in this ACI scoop.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutixaalphayba.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Still not clear why maruti tried to develop this car from scratch when the international vitara is just 4170mm in length, and they could easily chop off 170mm from it to make it under 4m.
I am glad MSIL didn't resort to the usual 4 meter chopping business and is giving market two proper SUVs. And its not easy to chop 17cm from a car without extensive rework which cost money and time. And that's to ignore the fact that how unpleasant or repulsive the end product often looks. Often a case of neither here, nor there.

And since the Brezza was made from ground up, expect to see major weight gains over the bigger Vitara. Given the engine choices, that's much needed.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:03   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India seems to have info on this car. The Compact SUV was shown doing a test run (in campus?) camouflaged a few weeks back in the Autocar show.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezzafront.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaalloy.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezzalogo1024x439.jpg

They also speculate it will come in a range of petrol and diesel engines, though some reports are that it will come only in diesel and some speculate with a new 1.5L petrol engine.
The 1.3MJD in the VGT configuration ( 90 Hp) seem to be nearly confirmed by most reviews and Maruti Suzuki personnel ( RM, SA's)

Quote:
The SUV will be powered by Maruti’s existing range of petrol and diesel engines. This could include the 1.2- and 1.4-litre petrol engines and the tried-and-tested Fiat-derived 1.3-litre diesel. There are talks of an AMT-equipped version as well, which will join the line-up in future. The Vitara Brezza will not be sold via Maruti’s Nexa dealerships.
Specs (Speculated)
Quote:
Build on Superior Build Quality with Top Notch Fit, Finish, Aesthetics and Styling Features - Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will feature in

» 1.4 Litre Petrol and CVT Automatic

» 1.3 Lit Hybrid Ddis Diesel Engine

Name:  REv.PNG
Views: 7960
Size:  14.2 KB
Source :http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=250&Itemid=91

Source:http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-399754.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2016 at 09:18.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:14   #337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10;3895967
Source :[URL="http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=250&It emid=91"
http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=250&It emid=91[/url]
The one shown in mycarhelpline.com is Vitara not Vitara Brezza. Looks like the pictures are somewhere from the Middle East. But the description is for Brezza.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:30   #338
BHPian

Apart from targeting EcoSport. It will surely take away sales from I20, Baleno and Swift as well.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:47   #339
BHPian

This Car looks lovely. I hope this does not use the light weight external body shell like the Baleno. The 1.2 Petrol, 1.4Petrol as well as 1.3 DDIS from Fiat are all tested engines and there are no surprises there. Even if the body feels as thick as their Ertiga that would be fine as an urban baby SUV. I think this would also be a blockbuster product and will eat into competition as well as Baleno and Swift. Even if we assume Creta will not be affected, we will surely see some discounts coming in on Creta, Duster, Ecosport and other SUVS of similar size.

I am keen to know how much does this baby weigh. Hope somebody can get that information from some insider source . Hoping its not a sub 1 tonne.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:31   #340
BHPian

Folks,

Kind of realized, in all likelihood, Maruti Suzuki has a winner on hands. The odds on this one not going trumps look bleak!
  • Engine Specs (how about more bhp / torque?:D),
  • Body Specs,
  • Ride and Handling Specs,
  • Feature Specs etc.
are all likely going to be on par with what Maruti Suzuki offers in the Swift and the Baleno.

• sub-4-meter body,
  • proven engines within the excise benefits limit,
  • parts sharing with the cousins,
  • lower R&D Costs (presumption - as this is indigenous)
will result in competitive pricing.

My calculated estimates peg this one to be in the range of 5.29 - 7.99 lakh rupees Ex-SRP Bengalooru

Someone will have to convince me hard as to why the Brezza will NOT peak at 8,000+ copies per month, 3 months from launch.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:44   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

My personal feeling is that Brezza is going to hit some of the major players really hard. This will also go into months of waiting. I hope it handles well.

What matters most for me is post sale service which is better amongst all in Maruti. Eagerly waiting for this one, hopefully they launch it in that particular Blue shade with white roof!

Dear mods, do not delay the review of this like that of Baleno.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:58   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Someone will have to convince me hard as to why the Brezza will NOT peak at 8,000+ copies per month, 3 months from launch.
I can! Cz as of today, the Brezza isn't launched yet!!!

I'm no Maruti fan and dislike almost all of their offerings. But I'm looking forward to the Brezza. The proportions seem to be adequate, design and styling seems to be european minus the chrome overdose (typical Maruti territory) from whatever pictures posted here and after seeing the Baleno and the S Cross, will probably come loaded with features. I also feel it'll ride well, which generally all Marutis do. At least better than the Hyundais for sure. I feel, its my kind of a car. A car I'd actually love to buy.

The only fly in the ointment might be the pricing. Now, we can be assured that Maruti will not make the same mistake twice but there is a possibility they could. So, lets hold our breaths for some time before we predict 8000+ units, shall we!?

Last edited by Porschefire : 22nd January 2016 at 14:02.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:35   #343
BHPian

This vehicle looks very much like a mini Evoque, at least from the side profile. That's a good thing
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:31   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza with the Projector lights and DRL's in action! Unlike Baleno the DRL seem to be muted in illumination

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-81.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2016 at 19:33.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 00:42   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza with the Projector lights and DRL's in action! Unlike Baleno the DRL seem to be muted in illumination
With due respect Sir, I believe its too early to predict the nature of illumination. Baleno's DRL in company provided pictures looks too civilised, but we all know how loud and harsh it is.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-bal.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks