Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2018, 08:59   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Hi there!
Congratulations on the new car! I am almost there to get mine, and the one issue that holds me back is the ground clearance. I am looking at R-design, which has just about the same ground clearance as the Cross Country. Just wondering how's your experience been in this matter. Do you find the low ground clearance an issue? Cheers!
Honestly I have yet to encounter a bump on my daily commutes or long distance drives that the V40 cc couldn't handle. Perhaps it will be different with the R design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Thank you very much. Final price is a little under 43L. The total discount was 7.8L (approx). I have opted for the 4-year service package and tyre swap, which pretty much negated the discounts offered. However, you can get up to 10L off (and more) if you are flexible on colour or model year
Wow ! Congrats on the new ride ! Is the change in comfort post tyre swap discernible ? I picked mine up in Jan, but thankfully Chennai is tiny bit cheaper :-)

Last edited by ajmat : 26th August 2018 at 10:10.
reihem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 02:46   #137
BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Quote:
I am looking at R-design, which has just about the same ground clearance as the Cross Country. Just wondering how's your experience been in this matter. Do you find the low ground clearance an issue? Cheers!

Hi, my friend has a R-design and he does face issues with the ground clearance for bombay roads. My CC on the other hand manages 99% of the bumps just fine. Although the R-design may have the same ground clearance as the CC, the CC has smaller track. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Wow ! Congrats on the new ride ! Is the change in comfort post tyre swap discernible ? I picked mine up in Jan, but thankfully Chennai is tiny bit cheaper :-)

Thanks I won't be able to answer your question because I didn't test drive the TD car (equipped with 18' tyres). This car is mainly for my parents, and my sole reason to spend so much for the tyre swap was to add a margin of safety. The 18' tyres were coming with 45 side sections. I wanted at least 50. Bombay roads aren't meant for anything less and for me the peace of mind matters more when my parents are in the picture.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Last edited by Simple_car : 29th August 2018 at 02:53.
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:49   #138

Thanks for the advice. I changed my mind and opted for the Cross Country version, though still drooling over the R-design! But after an extensive test drive on the R-design, it was obvious the Cross Country version may be more practical given the condition of roads around here.

Cheers!
Sachu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:20   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Thanks for the advice. I changed my mind and opted for the Cross Country version
Hello sachu, could you share the final price breakup of the car and discounts you got which will help fellow members.
Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 18:29   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Had good luck to see 2 black V40 CCs almost in convoy near Palace Grounds in BLR. Don't think it was planned but they looked amazing! Think one had the Heico exhaust too but not an expert.

Excellent vehicle for DINKs but not for us with messy and expanding teenagers :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:50   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Hello sachu, could you share the final price breakup of the car and discounts you got which will help fellow members.
Thanks
Hi, it was around INR 36.50 lakh on road in Kerala. I opted to get insurance from New India Assurance and also had 50% of no-claim bonus on my previous vehicle transferred to the new car, which was a significant saving. It would've been much less but for the three-year third-party insurance that I had to take from 1 September.

Cheers!
Sachu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 13:31   #142
BHPian

Folks, what's your opinion on a preworshipped 2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 model? It's done about 1,12,000 kms and asking price is 14 lakhs. I don't know what servicing it going forward will cost. What's your opinion on this model and what price point is right to buy ? The local is Coimbatore and this is through a dealer.
Old 14th October 2018, 13:44   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Folks, what's your opinion on a preworshipped 2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 model? It's done about 1,12,000 kms and asking price is 14 lakhs. I don't know what servicing it going forward will cost. What's your opinion on this model and what price point is right to buy ? The local is Coimbatore and this is through a dealer.
The mileage is high but dont be deterred

1: Was the car only used for highway driving? Then it would be the equivalent of 60000km in town

2: It is at least honest

3: Volvo service is much cheaper than the Germans. Volvos are built to last. However, check if the transmission fluid has been changed. Also examine service records to check for any EGR issues.

4: You can bargain on the price or better still sit it out while people do not bite and then go in for the kill.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 15:21   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The mileage is high but dont be deterred

1: Was the car only used for highway driving? Then it would be the equivalent of 60000km in town

2: It is at least honest

3: Volvo service is much cheaper than the Germans. Volvos are built to last. However, check if the transmission fluid has been changed. Also examine service records to check for any EGR issues.

4: You can bargain on the price or better still sit it out while people do not bite and then go in for the kill.
Thank you Ajmat for your insight, appreciate it. What should be the right price I should bargain at? Dealer is quoting 14 and said it's negotiable.
Old 14th October 2018, 15:29   #145
Senior - BHPian

2013 would mean the previous gen 5 cylinder diesel. That won't have EGR issues. Its a bulletproof engine and so is the gearbox. Just make sure it has been serviced properly.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 15:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Hello, I too have seen the car ad online. Going by the pictures the black part of the bumper which houses the drl and honey comb grill has been painted with body colour which looks weird.

I know the dealer pretty well and usually they price the luxury vehicles 4-5 lacs above the market value. For 17-18 lacs you can easily get a 40000 kms driven V40 CC.
Old 18th July 2019, 14:25   #147
BHPian

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-front-left.jpg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-rear.jpg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-whatsapp-image-20190707-9.57.04-am.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-whatsapp-image-20190707-9.57.21-am.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-whatsapp-image-20190707-9.57.50-am.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-whatsapp-image-20190707-10.00.41-am.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-whatsapp-image-20190707-10.01.23-am.jpeg

4 years and loving it. It's been one handsome car! Extras were adding the heico sport exhaust and polestarring it. The T4 is a ford derived engine but packs an extra punch which became apparent after the power bump up when polestarred. Changed the engine bed and now the car is butter smooth! The exhaust upgrade and the Polestarring were done within a year of purchase.

The exhaust note after the replacement of the stock exhaust with the Heico is more free flowing, there is a distinctive growl that is music to the ears.

Bragging points are that this is only Petrol T4 in the state of TN and probably the only Petrol that is both Polestarred and with a Heico sport exhaust!

Done about 32k mostly in the city with probably 10k worth running on the highway. FE has been 8-ish in the city and 13-14 in the Highway. Probably the most comfortable seats we have in all the cars we have owned till date. Service bills have been cheaper than my Skoda yeti

Recently picked up the Audi Q5 petrol as the eventual replacement for this car. Will post pics/review on that on the other relevant thread.

Last edited by ninjax : 18th July 2019 at 14:30. Reason: adding details
ninjax is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 15:01   #148
BHPian

Hi all ! HELP NEEDED PLEASE

i am being offered a V40 D3 R, 2016 manufactured /2017 registered , white color, black interiors, first owner, run 5600 Kms(odo "not tampered" as per showroom guy !!), non accidental (!), insured till 2020 piece for approx 20 lacs. Kindly guide /advice is it okay price wise and model wise ?
Old 19th October 2019, 22:17   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Hi all ! HELP NEEDED PLEASE

i am being offered a V40 D3 R, 2016 manufactured /2017 registered , white color, black interiors, first owner, run 5600 Kms(odo "not tampered" as per showroom guy !!), non accidental (!), insured till 2020 piece for approx 20 lacs. Kindly guide /advice is it okay price wise and model wise ?
Check if it has the 5-year warranty. The price seems high. These cars loose value by the hour after coming out of the showroom. I would bargain harder for a lower price maybe in the Rs 12 to 15 lakhs range. Check the service record at the authorized service station the owner used. Drive and check the ground clearance over nasty speed bumps. It is a very handsome car. Best of luck.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 10:02   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Check if it has the 5-year warranty. The price seems high. These cars loose value by the hour after coming out of the showroom. I would bargain harder for a lower price maybe in the Rs 12 to 15 lakhs range. Check the service record at the authorized service station the owner used. Drive and check the ground clearance over nasty speed bumps. It is a very handsome car. Best of luck.
Sir with all due respect, isn't that a bit too harsh of an evaluation? A 2 year old car which has run only 6000 kms and would have costed north of 30L even factoring in all discounts. A more than 50% depreciation in 2 years!

I would love to buy a V40 of this age at that price. We had almost bought the V40 back in 2013 when we bought our 320d as it is an absolutely gorgeous looking car.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks