Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 00:07   #151
BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sir with all due respect, isn't that a bit too harsh of an evaluation? A 2 year old car which has run only 6000 kms and would have costed north of 30L even factoring in all discounts. A more than 50% depreciation in 2 years!

I would love to buy a V40 of this age at that price. We had almost bought the V40 back in 2013 when we bought our 320d as it is an absolutely gorgeous looking car.
Well, thats what grabbed by eyeballs in the first look but then realized that V40 was globally discontinued some time back. It doesn't even feature on the Volvo website anymore. So A.S.S. and spares, and resale would be a big ??
Old 21st October 2019, 16:40   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Well, thats what grabbed by eyeballs in the first look but then realized that V40 was globally discontinued some time back. It doesn't even feature on the Volvo website anymore. So A.S.S. and spares, and resale would be a big ??
A.S.S is not an issue and depends on where you are. The spares are definitely not an issue at all.Resale for any Volvo is sad, I had trouble getting rid of my V40 for about 4 months.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 18:13   #153
BHPian

Hi Ninjax, If you can answer here..how much depreciation did you have to go through at sale ? How long did you keep it ? TIA
Old 12th July 2021, 10:26   #154
BHPian

Its been 3.5 years with my v40 CC now and I honestly have no complaints. It's a pleasure to drive, I upgraded using the polestar pack in year one and it unlocked the beast within. Ownership has been a breeze, save for an awkward 2 month period between Artemis Volvo shutting down and Volvo Tamilnadu taking its place. The one thing that has bothered me since delivery was the ICE. While the audio quality, speakers etc is probably best in its class, the old and dated UI and lack of smart phone connectivity is disappointing. iPod sync and bluetooth work just fine, as do calls, and the steering controls are intuitive enough, but the inbuilt voice recognition software is ridiculous and the features you can command with voice are very limited; switching playlists for example require using the phone which is probably not best from a safety point of view. Navigation is a non starter.

I bit the bullet and decided to upgrade the system. I didn't want to change the screen or the look of the car. I hence decided to go with a kit that gives an “OEM” feel and appearance as it retains the existing Volvo display screen mounted on your dash and connects to the rear of the original head unit, this kit enables you to control CarPlay/Android Auto with the existing rotary controller and steering wheel controls (however it does adapt to a touch screen, if fitted).

I am a blind believer in Tecnokrat here in Chennai. They aren't the cheapest, but they are undoubtedly the best at what they do. So I reached out to Bala who runs Tecnokrat for this.

This is the kind of kit that was used. Not actual image, this is from the internet.
Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-53ef62954c6a4bd0b4aad1d003434f83.jpg

It is an entirely hidden installation.
Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_5269.jpg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_5270.jpg

I will update this post with pics of functionality and features once it's complete.
reihem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 13:23   #155
BHPian

More pics of the V40 running CarPlay wirelessly. There is no lag at all. Audio quality is top notch.

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-4038fa566b4a4981b851e2b4a3156216.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-5b7c12f7771d4b44b87e7a9663a9f6ae.jpeg

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-566c668d21bd4d0b897df6a022a7d583.jpeg

There is even a provision to play music/video off a hard disk that’s tucked away in the glove compartment. This is provided since the active USB port in the armrest is now used by the system for CarPlay.

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-b0d769c211d7491ba80ef805b8ca6c19.jpeg
reihem is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks