Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 06:58   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

This is hilarious.

I personally feel if the NEXA cars which Maruti sells, for example, the S Cross are not a hit, NEXA dealers will be counting birds the entire day waiting for someone to come in, very dangerous proposition that.
NEXA is obviously mostly a marketing effort. The showrooms will probably be limited to premium areas in larger cities, preferably near other premium car showrooms. Its definitely true that a different sales experience is required for 'premium' customers in India. We definitely pay more for 'exclusivity' as per the data available.
Old 15th July 2015, 09:29   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

In my humble opinion, if they want to establish a premium dealership, it should extend to service also. The sales interaction/process is at most a few months but the service relationship goes on for several years.

What is the point in ensuring a premium sales experience and then making the 'premium' customers go to the regular service centers? That's like telling: "Our aim is to dazzle you and make you buy our product. Once you do that, we don't really care too much and will treat you like any other Maruti Suzuki customer".

Edit: Just read in the previous page about the dedicated Relationship Manager Concept and how it will extend to the service part also. So that is a step to ensure 'premium' service experience. But will need to see how it pans out.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 15th July 2015 at 09:33.
Old 15th July 2015, 13:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
I also have the same reservations about the whole Nexa thing. If some one like Skoda, who is not particularly known for their top quality ASS, started a new initiative like this I can understand. But for Maruti, one of the main USP is their distribution and service network. Why would they handicap themselves with restricting the sales through only a limited number of outlets?
The chances are that they see the expected number of the SCross can be met through these restricted number of outlets. Its not an Alto category car which brings in a lot of volume to the sales chart. Prime customers as per them could be in Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities and having Nexa presence in such top 10-20 cities would be enough for them, at least for now.

May be down the line they would expand their Nexa program to cover up more Tier-2 cities.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:36   #124
BHPian

Mailer received just now from Noreply@nexaexperience.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-unnamed.jpg  

Old 17th July 2015, 17:44   #125
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As of now 4 showrooms of Nexa will be operational,
1. BimalNexa - in ORR (Marthalli)- ~20th July
Spoke to someone I know who told me this - Bimal's Nexa showroom will be located near the Total Mall/EMC at Doddanekkundi/Mahadevapura (on ORR between KR Puram and Marathahalli).

Last edited by NPV : 17th July 2015 at 17:48.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:56   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Spoke to someone I know - This showroom will be located near the Total Mall/EMC at Doddanekkundi/Mahadevapura (on ORR between KR Puram and Marathahalli).
The earlier Truevalue outlet was right next to the VW Whitefield showroom. Once it shifted( to next to the Mahadevpura Flyover), the land has been lying vacant. This could be the location. This would be a good spot since you have Whitefield Honda, Trident Hyundai, Renault and VW Whitefield almost next to each other. Since the SCross will be positioned as alternative to Creta and Duster, good location to place the showroom. Also will be possible to lure in some City and Vento customers.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:51   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The earlier Truevalue outlet was right next to the VW Whitefield showroom. Once it shifted( to next to the Mahadevpura Flyover), the land has been lying vacant. This could be the location. This would be a good spot since you have Whitefield Honda, Trident Hyundai, Renault and VW Whitefield almost next to each other. Since the SCross will be positioned as alternative to Creta and Duster, good location to place the showroom. Also will be possible to lure in some City and Vento customers.
This outlet is coming exactly opposite to EMC building on ORR. The showroom work is still in progress, it will take atleast 10 more days complete.
Selective is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to hire around 2,500 managers for Nexa outlets in FY16,for its new retail outlets under Nexa brand to sell premium products, starting with its upcoming S-Cross model.

The company plans to have around 35-40 Nexa outlets operational in the initial stage and for that over 1,000 relationship managers have already been hired.

Quote:
We are going pan-India. Based on research, we know that 75-80 per cent sales of our premium offerings come from top 30 cities in the country. So, we are going to target these places
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-fy16/48115655
Old 18th July 2015, 11:21   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki India Limited is all set to launch it's premium "Nexa" dealerships on July 23rd.

The upcoming premium crossover, the S-Cross, will be the first car which will be sold through the "Nexa" dealerships.

Quote:
MSIL had informed that it will have separate dealerships for its mass-volume cars and premium cars above Rs 8 lakh.

R S Kalsi, executive director, sales and marketing at Maruti Suzuki, had told ETAuto earlier, "The new channel is aimed at offering a very personalised experience of today's evolved buyers and we think S Cross is an ideal product to offer NEXA experience,"

At launch, Maruti will have 30 NEXA outlets ready, thus covering over 65% of premium end of the market. The company has set itself a target of 2 million sales by end of 2020 and Nexa dealerships are expected to play a big role in achieving this target.
ET Auto
Old 19th July 2015, 18:01   #130
BANNED

The NEXA showroom in Hyderabad is expected by 2 or 3 dealers out of which 1 is Varun which is slated to be open for operations by Aug 5th.

They are currently displaying the S-Cross at GVK One Mall, Banjara Hills. While in conversation I asked what all of the current models in the Maruti line up could be shifted to NEXA? He said Ciaz! The Ciaz too shall be pulled into the Nexa umbrella but after 1 year as Maruti is planning a power up to the Ciaz too. May be the 1,5L diesel or 1.6L may be plonked in the Ciaz.

The NEXA - Varun is located on the KBR Park road in the same as Varun motors, KTM and Fiat's Butta! It is under construction and is expected to be ready by the 5th Aug.

The yet-to-be ready NEXA showroom beside KTM:

Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-img_20150719_154727.jpg

The S-Cross banner displaying bookings open:

Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-img_20150719_155455.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 19:34   #131
Team-BHP Support

So, I visited a Nexa showroom to have a look.
  • The interiors are better compared to other Maruti outlets but not not luxurious.
  • There were 7-8 well dressed sales folks
  • Apart from the well fitted suit, I saw no difference in the quality of the sales folks that I've encountered at other Maruti outlets. I don't think he was well versed of the features of the car nor could he give me a competitive pitch against the Ecosport and Creta when I mentioned them.
  • The cars on display did not have the variants mentioned and the sales guys were unwilling to disclose the name of the variants.
  • As expected, they quoted an atrocious buy back price for my swift
  • 24th July is the date for the official launch for the NEXA showrooms
  • No sign of any ipod / tablet. My contact details were noted on a shabby paper register.

All of the above left me a little disappointed. And I was on my way out thinking that there ain't much of a difference in the way that I was treated at a Nexa when...lo and behold... the SA handed me over his visiting card - It was the old Magic Auto Maruti card

Not exactly the branding that Maruti was hoping for, but I hope things improve when the NEXA showrooms launch officially.
Eddy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:21   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
All of the above left me a little disappointed. And I was on my way out thinking that there ain't much of a difference in the way that I was treated at a Nexa when...lo and behold... the SA handed me over his visiting card - It was the old Magic Auto Maruti card

Not exactly the branding that Maruti was hoping for, but I hope things improve when the NEXA showrooms launch officially.
And it gets worse...

I had left my contact details on the NEXA website (thrice) and finally got a call from them today.

Voice: Hello sir, my name is XYZ and I am calling from Magic Auto dwarka... etc etc...

Not even a single mention of the word Nexa in the entire two-three minute coversation.

I am sure that it's the same sales staff from the regular MUL showrooms posing as premium advisors in a Nexa. You've got a long way to go Maruti, and I can't help but feel that this is going to be an uphill battle.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:06   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
This outlet is coming exactly opposite to EMC building on ORR. The showroom work is still in progress, it will take atleast 10 more days complete.
There is another NEXA showroom coming up at JP Nagar. Happened to see it today on the way back home. Was in traffic, so couldn't click pictures. Shall try to do it tomo.

It is on the ORR in JP Nagar just before the JP Nagar underpass (@15th cross) as you drive from the BG Road side.

Don't know if it is associated with any of the other Maruti dealers in Bengaluru.
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:16   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
It is on the ORR in JP Nagar just before the JP Nagar underpass (@15th cross) as you drive from the BG Road side.
Don't know if it is associated with any of the other Maruti dealers in Bengaluru.
The Nexa showroom opposite EMC2 is run by Bimal and the one in JP Nagar is by Kalyani Motors,
Old 22nd July 2015, 22:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You've got a long way to go Maruti, and I can't help but feel that this is going to be an uphill battle.
I had visited the Dwarka Nexa dealership to see the S Cross even though i have no intention of buying it. The showroom ambience is very good and it did look much more upmarket than the regular maruti showrooms.

The sales man was not very enthusiastic about his product, i said am deciding between 1.3 S Cross and Ecosport but he did not even give me 1 reason as to why i should buy his product and not Ford. Gave me the old Magic auto visiting card so i do not think they have hired all new staff for Nexa dealerships. He kept mum about every thing and said official details are not yet released. I had also said i will bring my father on sunday and he said he will give a call on sunday morning but till today i did not get any call

The details were noted in the same shabby register as you say , they need too improve the quality of service centres and customer lounge's there as well.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd July 2015 at 22:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks