Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:29   #256
BHPian

Post the Baleno launch, the nexa showroom looks absolutely like a typical Maruti showroom. This Sunday morning, at the Nexa Andheri West showroom , you could see 4 to 5 families all over a single Baleno on display. Although I must say that the sales staff were eager to attend any of the queries, but they did seem overwhelmed at the response.

But the main question remains. With the sub 4 metre SUV as the next Nexa addition, what does it leave for the existing Maruti showrooms to play with? Will the Ciaz , which is definitely a premium car be the last of the new cars to be sold through the Maruti showrooms? Will all of the new launches be now through the Nexa? Given the bulk of the sales of MSIL is still from cars like the Alto, Wagon R, swift twins and Celerio, existing Maruti dealers at least for some foreseeable future might not see a big dip in their business. But given the changing landscapes of customer preferences as evidenced in the shift in profile of cars been purchased, I do foresee this Nexa and regular dealership of Maruti at some loggerheads in years to come.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:46   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
But the main question remains. With the sub 4 metre SUV as the next Nexa addition, what does it leave for the existing Maruti showrooms to play with?
You are forgetting that most, if not all Nexa showrooms are owned by existing Maruti dealers.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:50   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
But the main question remains. With the sub 4 metre SUV as the next Nexa addition, what does it leave for the existing Maruti showrooms to play with? Will the Ciaz , which is definitely a premium car be the last of the new cars to be sold through the Maruti showrooms? Will all of the new launches be now through the Nexa? Given the bulk of the sales of MSIL is still from cars like the Alto, Wagon R, swift twins and Celerio, existing Maruti dealers at least for some foreseeable future might not see a big dip in their business. But given the changing landscapes of customer preferences as evidenced in the shift in profile of cars been purchased, I do foresee this Nexa and regular dealership of Maruti at some loggerheads in years to come.
Maruti has plans to introduce 15 new models (including facelifts I believe) and increase the sales to 2 million units annually by 2020. That's a huge number with enough room to accommodate both normal and NEXA showrooms.

Considering almost all NEXA dealers are owned by existing Maruti dealers, there should be no cause for concern.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:53   #259
Team-BHP Support

I have a strong feeling that Suzuki is trying to emulate Toyota / Honda's model in west - Its equivalent to Lexus / Acura for Suzuki here or at-least the efforts are in that direction . Going forward won't be surprised if they open separate Nexa Workshops as well . Looks good for all - customers get relatively premium products / services and peace of mind of buying a Maruti - its win-win for everyone
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:06   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
... But they are allotting a bay only for Nexa cars with technicians trained in them.
I would have felt shortchanged. To draw a comparison, what if they have kept a bay in a regular showroom and called it Nexa? If that does not work, why would it work when it comes to servicing?
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:39   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
I would have felt shortchanged. To draw a comparison, what if they have kept a bay in a regular showroom and called it Nexa? If that does not work, why would it work when it comes to servicing?
The bay is in a separate building and not with the existing service line. The plan was as told to me. Will confirm during my next service!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:47   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I have a strong feeling that Suzuki is trying to emulate Toyota / Honda's model in west - Its equivalent to Lexus / Acura for Suzuki here or at-least the efforts are in that direction . Going forward won't be surprised if they open separate Nexa Workshops as well . Looks good for all - customers get relatively premium products / services and peace of mind of buying a Maruti - its win-win for everyone
The main difference here is the pricing, type of models sold however.
While the Maruti's range starts with the bare minimum Alto upto decently specced Ciaz sedan, we have the Nexa starting from a sub 4m compact Baleno hatchback and ends with S-Cross, with several models waiting to enter the line up.
If you consider the Toyota, the lowest model sold there is the Yaris, can be considered equivalent to the Baleno in length, but has higher engine and safety spec!
If the Nexa is built into a brand, it probably will be at par with Toyota, and the regular Maruti is a economy brand lying below that.
This is entirely due to the purchasing power of the Indian consumer, and if the market matures, and when our spending power increases, and the customers become more aware and demanding, we can expect the lowest priced models to be removed.
e.g 800 was replaced by a better Alto, and zen probably by an Alto K10, then several better products entered, resulting in Swifts / Dzires everywhere on the road.
Alto will face a fate similar to 800, when the purchasing power makes the general people consider other better products by a large number. At that time, Swift will be Maruti's starting model. Probably at this time, Nexa will have much more better products in their line up.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:00   #263
BHPian

Very thoughtful of MSIL to launch the Nexa concept, The S Cross does about 3.5K, now the Baleno should do about 5 K, if not more, add the Vitara Brezza, another 1.5 K,

3.5 + 5 + 1.5 = 10 K

And the Nexa channel alone will contribute more than 10K, inline with what Toyota and TATA manage, and will fight for the no. 5 or no.6 spot in the market share chart if it were to be considered as a separate company

What needs to be seen in the coming months though, is where Nexa's incremental numbers come from, partly from cannibalizing MSIL's existing portfolio and partly from competition.

Interesting period ahead, Awaiting Hyundai's counter move for the Nexa concept.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 2nd November 2015 at 13:02.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:14   #264
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

The nexa experience is actually quite pathetic... ( Kalyani Nexa, JP Nagar, Bangalore + Maruti Nexa customer care)

Here is what happened.

We booked a Baleno Zeta Petrol on Nov 1st, and wanted to exchange our old swift - the entire sales experience was pretty ordinary with an untrained, junior relationship manager who could answer no query properly - despite that we went ahead and booked the car since my wife loved the car.

We very clearly communicated to the showroom in-charge that we understand there is huge demand and deliveries will take time and we have no problem - but our only request was that the old car be picked up only when the new car is delivered. Dealer agreed to pickup old car just 2 days before the new car and we agreed.

Last week, I got a call on Nov 13th from Nexa that our car is ready and they will get everything processed and deliver by Nov 19 - they requested us to give the old car on Nov 15th

1. We went to the showroom, only to be told that they dont have "security" on Sunday so they can't pickup up our old car - we signed up some documents regarding the resale of the old car and returned.

2. In the showroom, we saw a red zeta petrol and generally clicked a few pics and jokingly asked the rep if this was our car - we were informed no sir, we wont be giving showroom cars - for some wierd reason I clicked a pic of the chasis number badge on the car and came home.

3. Nov 16th - Dealer sends driver to pickup old car, after umpteen followup Nexa kalyani told us they can only deliver our new car on Nov 20th. Requested for engine number and chasis number so we can get insurance documentation done from outside.

4. Nov 18th - Received chasis number that turned out the be the same as the one in the showroom car. Confronted sales rep over call and asked him - he denied that its a showroom car , kept saying it till I told him we have a pic of the car when we came last week ! That shut him up - he said he will check and get back.

5. Nov 19th - frantic escalations to stop registration of a car , we weren't keen to take a showroom piece that 100s of people have sat in, banged doors to "test" and fiddle with all switches . Finally dealer acknowledged that they did display this care in the showroom .

6. Nov 19th - escalated to Nexa customer care, the person who spoke was least interested in even taking a complaint. Her repeated question was - "Sir, do you want to leave feedback ?" - apparently Maruti decided they are above "Complaints" - I was told that some one will talk to me at the earliest.

7. Nov 20th - Dealer acknowledged that Maruti forwarded the complaint back to the dealer , they said they will allot a new car but that will take 10-12 days more since the car is in transit. We requested the dealer to return our old car till then - dealer requested time

8. Nov 21st - after a lot of chasing - Dealer says he can't return the old car since its already been ownership transferred. They say they will try to arrange another car by 21st evening.

9. Spare car - a really old Santro delivered on Nov 23rd despite multiple requests to give it over the weekend. No papers in the car , despite telling them we cant do jack with a car with no papers.

10. Called up the so called Nexa relationship manager - who says please talk to his boss directly

In all this while - Maruti directly did not even reach out once - even after filing a complain with the "premium" nexa almost 6 days back .

I regret booking the baleno and going for a maruti car even before getting delivery!

#NeverAgainMaruti
redindian is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 20:34   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian View Post
The nexa experience is actually quite pathetic... ( Kalyani Nexa, JP Nagar, Bangalore + Maruti Nexa customer care)

#NeverAgainMaruti
This is seriously pathetic. I am worried a bit myself as i am supposed to get my S-Cross this week. If Nexa customer care is so poor, we are completely stuck and have nowhere to go. Maruti will say Contact Nexa Customer Care, i am sure. Hmmm...now its a bit late to roll back but at least I know what to expect in future and better be prepared.

I will find out and keep senior Maruti and Nexa contacts handy and everyone should.
Old 25th November 2015, 01:01   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who have had bad experiences with NEXA- have you reached out to the regional sales office?? That might help. You can find the numbers on the Maruti site.
Old 25th November 2015, 08:39   #267
BHPian

I have had mixed response as well. In my first interaction with the RM, I was shocked when he told me Suzuki had developed the engine and it was inhouse. I told him the engine was from Fiat, he insisted that in the training they clearly mentioned it wasn't the case. I was bewildered as to how such basic information be kept away during the training. I am sure they knew Scross 1.6 was definitely priced higher and should have informed their team as to why it was priced higher. The imported engine and transmission results in import duty and as a result price increases substantially. I don't think any RM emphasises this point. Nexa concept is definitely being diluted and its a matter of time before its just an extension of another Maruti showroom.
Old 1st December 2015, 12:13   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Those who have had bad experiences with NEXA- have you reached out to the regional sales office?? That might help. You can find the numbers on the Maruti site.

Haven't been able to find this on the nexa site, their customer care categorically says we dont have any numbers to share.

They also say - they can't give any SLA on when they will get back - their promise is as soon as possible. After 10 days, I contacted Nexa again to hear that the complaint has been closed and resolved ! No one from Nexa took pains to respond back even.. My experience with Mahindra when I bought the XUV was phenomena compared to this !
Old 1st December 2015, 12:31   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian View Post
Haven't been able to find this on the nexa site, their customer care categorically says we dont have any numbers to share. ....
The regional office numbers are available on the Maruti site. Since NEXA is a wing, they should be able to help you is what I assume.

On the complaint closure, please get it in writing that they closed it without any communication to the customer & make it an added case to your note to Maruti. I think you can pretty much make use of the regular Maruti channels for complaints.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 13:07   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The regional office numbers are available on the Maruti site. Since NEXA is a wing, they should be able to help you is what I assume.

On the complaint closure, please get it in writing that they closed it without any communication to the customer & make it an added case to your note to Maruti. I think you can pretty much make use of the regular Maruti channels for complaints.
Good tip - managed to actually speak to a maruti employee in their bangalore zonal office. Number was available on maruti site ( not nexa - which was clueless about giving any contact number).

The Maruti employee I spoke to was the first person who showed some empathy - he has promised to email/ call back with more details on when the vehicle can be delivered. He was also open to admit that they Nexa experience is actually not yet well oiled and there are some glaring problems they are working to solve.

Lets see if this guy keeps his word and does reply back.
redindian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks