Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 12:07   #286
Team-BHP Support

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Driving dynamics are very different, as I have driven Kicks/Captur extensively in the UAE.
Different car, different platform - only same name and similar looks.

The Indian Kicks is just the Indian Captur (which is again a Duster or Terrano underneath) with a different body and interiors. His point is valid.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 12:42   #287
Senior - BHPian

If Indian Kicks is the Indian Captur, then what's the new narrative? 'Re-present' a failed car in new skin and throw more good money after bad? Pricing should remain similar too. By the way, I prefer the Captur front over the Kicks. Looks like a mistake being made, even as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Different car, different platform - only same name and similar looks.
Old 6th January 2019, 01:39   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If Indian Kicks is the Indian Captur, then what's the new narrative? 'Re-present' a failed car in new skin and throw more good money after bad? Pricing should remain similar too. By the way, I prefer the Captur front over the Kicks. Looks like a mistake being made, even as we speak.
I booked a Captur, only to cancel it and book a Kicks. It's essentially the same car internally. Exact same engine specs, ground clearance suggest Nissan has worked only on the packaging to make it more appealing.

What I do not like about both:
- The volume up/down buttons look ugly behind the steering (just my opinion!)
- Weird, deep glove box
- Bad placement of the engine start/stop button - the passenger has access to it
- Fixed arm rest

What I like about both:
- Short gear throws (feels really nice to drive)
- ORVMs would need getting used to, but I guess they provide a wider view
- Cooled glove box

What I hated about the Captur/liked better about the Kicks
- Captur Platine variant only came in Diesel and had a few significant differences from the Petrol top end (like Hill Assist, Eco Mode); really hope Kicks does not do that partiality
- Captur's touchscreen was the same as Kwid/Duster, for the Kicks it's far better - it also has Apple Car Play/Android Auto
- Plastics in Captur looked cheap; leather interiors look really nice in the Kicks
- The 360-degree camera; sounds like a gimmick but I feel it's going to be really useful in a place like Delhi
sdaityari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 14:08   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
What I do not like about both:
Add the default high seating for the driver. Taller people would find their head touching the roof even at the lowest position.

Quote:
Yup. That's what I said before. The differences are only going to be in the interiors and the feature set. The driving attributes will remain largely similar to Captur.

Last edited by ampere : 7th January 2019 at 11:13. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 6th January 2019, 19:09   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Add the default high seating for the driver. Taller people would find their head touching the roof even at the lowest position.
I liked the commanding stance in the Captur test drive though, even though I am 5'10. Due to the aerodynamic design, I still wasn't able to see the bonnet - but it's same in the Micra I drive, so that didn't make much difference.

That being said, the unconventional exteriors of the Captur looked much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Yup. That's what I said before. The differences are only going to be in the interiors and the feature set. The driving attributes will remain largely similar to Captur.
I am expecting them to remain the same. I liked driving the Captur and hope the Kicks is practically the same car with better packaging!
Old 6th January 2019, 20:43   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks brochure :

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-02.jpg
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-03.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-01.jpg

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th January 2019 at 20:48.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 09:13   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I booked a Captur, only to cancel it and book a Kicks. It's essentially the same car internally. Exact same engine specs, ground clearance suggest Nissan has worked only on the packaging to make it more appealing.

- Captur Platine variant only came in Diesel and had a few significant differences from the Petrol top end (like Hill Assist, Eco Mode); really hope Kicks does not do that partiality
Congrats on your booking. To me, Kicks appears to be a much better package than Capture given the learning that Nissan would have gathered from Renault.

However, i believe that the Kicks petrol top end and Diesel top end would be different, just as Capture. Did you book the petrol or diesel? Also, what does the dealer say about pricing?

Looking at the leaked brochure that someone shared, ACC is standard across all variants which is a very good move IMO. This also indicates that the base variant will be sufficiently loaded.
Will Nissan be able to price it below Capture? I guess yes, they don't have a choice this time. It either do or die situation for them. Kicks doesn't have many USPs, it is coming in a segment which Hyundai rules, and Nissan is not offering the automatic at launch. Nissan is at its worst bottom. Nothing points towards a higher price for kicks, they have no choice but to offer a VFM product.
Old 7th January 2019, 11:11   #293
BHPian

I sincerely hope Nissan does not think of themselves as a Premium manufacturer, which may be true abroad, and price it out of reach for its target customers. Not to forget their ASS is still a gamble across the country. I feel kicks, and Nissan, has its task cut out. But they are off to a good start with respect to packaging.

Wishing Nissan good luck in its journey.
Old 7th January 2019, 12:16   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Congrats on your booking. To me, Kicks appears to be a much better package than Capture given the learning that Nissan would have gathered from Renault.

However, i believe that the Kicks petrol top end and Diesel top end would be different, just as Capture. Did you book the petrol or diesel? Also, what does the dealer say about pricing?

Looking at the leaked brochure that someone shared, ACC is standard across all variants which is a very good move IMO. This also indicates that the base variant will be sufficiently loaded.
Will Nissan be able to price it below Capture? I guess yes, they don't have a choice this time. It either do or die situation for them. Kicks doesn't have many USPs, it is coming in a segment which Hyundai rules, and Nissan is not offering the automatic at launch. Nissan is at its worst bottom. Nothing points towards a higher price for kicks, they have no choice but to offer a VFM product.
There's no information about models and pricing yet. They have taken a biking amount just as a token amount for first batch of delivery. I have the brochure too, but that's everything that the sales people know too.

I'd like the petrol version as I won't drive it around much. The salesperson has said petrol and diesel top end variants would have same features like the captur, but I know for a fact that they often tell you what you want to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I sincerely hope Nissan does not think of themselves as a Premium manufacturer, which may be true abroad, and price it out of reach for its target customers. Not to forget their ASS is still a gamble across the country. I feel kicks, and Nissan, has its task cut out. But they are off to a good start with respect to packaging.

Wishing Nissan good luck in its journey.
They may not think of themselves as a premium brand but the sales pitch positions the Kicks in between S Cross and Creta. They are not letting out even rough numbers about pricing, but I've a feeling the pricing might be marginally higher than the Captur.
Old 7th January 2019, 14:14   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I have the brochure too, but that's everything that the sales people know too.

I'd like the petrol version as I won't drive it around much. The salesperson has said petrol and diesel top end variants would have same features like the captur, but I know for a fact that they often tell you what you want to hear.
Are specifications and grade walk not part of the brochure that you have? Also, Captur gets an additional Platine variant in diesel, which is not available in petrol. I was refereeing to this when i said that Petrol top end and diesel top end may have different features.
On the pricing, Kicks base variant will surely undercut Captur base. But yes, the Kicks top end might be costlier than the Captur top end (my guess: 14.25-14.5 ex showroom).
Old 7th January 2019, 14:43   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Are specifications and grade walk not part of the brochure that you have? Also, Captur gets an additional Platine variant in diesel, which is not available in petrol. I was refereeing to this when i said that Petrol top end and diesel top end may have different features.
The brochure is exactly the same as the pictures shared in this thread. The dealer has no idea too.

My only hope is they either have a Platine equivalent for Petrol.
Old 8th January 2019, 08:29   #297
BHPian

Nissan Kicks in dual tone White/Orange combo sighted at a dealership. Must be 1 of the 11 that were despatched in Dec?

Source : Rushlane tweet.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190108_081315.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankickssuvwhiteblackspied.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 08:45   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

They're emphasizing the word luxury in several areas and they haven't introduced an automatic transmission, the best luxury feature one can ask for in a car? Leather stitched dashboard panels and 360 degree cameras are aspects found in much more expensive brands but what about the basic driving luxury?

Even a CVT will do, like they had in the Micra.
Old 8th January 2019, 11:31   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
They're emphasizing the word luxury in several areas and they haven't introduced an automatic transmission, the best luxury feature one can ask for in a car? Leather stitched dashboard panels and 360 degree cameras are aspects found in much more expensive brands but what about the basic driving luxury?

Even a CVT will do, like they had in the Micra.
Absolutely, No Automatic in today's time is not expected.
Old 8th January 2019, 11:54   #300
Senior - BHPian

I think Automatic and sun roof are missing. Indian customer wants more !
I think Renault should exit out of the bigger car/SUV business and allow Nissan there. Nissan should build a better image from start.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks