Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 11:07   #166
BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Will a tyre purchased online and fitted outside impact my warranty
As long as the tyre size is the same as OE, it should not affect warranty if you get it fitted outside. The ASC is trying to pull a fast one.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 09:41   #167
BANNED

I ordered from Bodomo. The original delivery date was 15th. Then it got changed to 16th. Now it's changed to 20th.
Old 17th August 2020, 09:58   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I ordered from Bodomo. The original delivery date was 15th. Then it got changed to 16th. Now it's changed to 20th.
Now they have changed it to 24th. People who have ordered from Bodomo - is there any chance I will the part eventually?
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 10:05   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Now they have changed it to 24th. People who have ordered from Bodomo - is there any chance I will the part eventually?
Depends on the party actually. If it a rare one with not many orders for it, delivery will be delayed.

Even I had placed three orders, one was guide-pin grease box, other two were transmission related. Only the grease box came, rest two never got shipped. Only delivery dates kept postponing. Raised a ticket on their site and all they said was - "Boodmo was trying to procure the parts and ship it to me at the earliest." Helpless, I finally cancelled the order and got the refund.

Placed the same parts on order at MOBIS, got them in 7 days.
Old 17th August 2020, 12:11   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Depends on the party actually. If it a rare one with not many orders for it, delivery will be delayed.
Fuel Tank cap for Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Placed the same parts on order at MOBIS, got them in 7 days.
I searched only for the fuel tank cap but Bodomo seems to be the only one to have it.
Old 21st August 2020, 08:43   #171
BANNED

Quote:
They have changed it again. Now from 24th to "Currently out of stock & will be restocked soon". I think their business model may be based on the interest they make on the float from the time the customer pays to the time they actually use the money to buy the part.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 20:09   #172
BHPian

Quote:
They have changed it again. Now from 24th to "Currently out of stock & will be restocked soon".
Did you get a new delivery date or is it still out of stock? I ordered from Boodmo for the first time and fortunately I got my order delivered. The order was placed on 15/08 and the estimated delivery date was by 22/08, but got it delivered today.
Old 25th August 2020, 21:50   #173
BHPian

My membership doesn't allow me to vote yet, but if I would say "yes".

I usually buy spare locally, but when in Dec 2018, I bought w124, sourcing parts locally or even from NCR became difficult due to very less availability. Importing it from overseas means huge shipping and then custom charges. Then one day one of my friends and a fellow w124 owner as well, recommended me to search parts on www.boodmo.com using part no. and since that day I have ordered parts online through boodmo. The price is good and it reaches in 20 days if the seller is a UAE based and 50 days if Europe based. And from a local seller around 10-15 days. It has oe as well as oem parts. So it has helped a lot in maintaining my w124.

A while ago, I ordered from www.99rpm.com as well. The price was on the high side of a same product ordered through boodmo, although it took around 7 days to reach.
mayurhuria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 20:20   #174
BHPian

Hi All - hope you can help me.

A few weeks ago, I tried to order parts on 99rpm.com for my old Fiat Linea.

The money got debited via the netbanking transaction but the order was not confirmed - i checked with my bank and they confirmed that they have sent the money to the merchant.

I am trying to reach 99rpm - sent a couple of mails already to sales@99rpm.com but have not received any response from them for the past 2 weeks. They don't seem to have a customer care phone number.

What do i do?
Old 7th September 2020, 21:46   #175
BHPian

In India spare parts for Auto are still not matured enough for online purchase. I would rather get it at good authorized dealers of the Company who can be held accountable for the quality of spares rather than go to a neighborhood mechanic who can fix it up. Have tried 4-5 times for quick fixes to Automobile repairs for my Car and bike with different shops/online. Each time it was a disaster that blew up on me and I had to go back to the Company A.S.S. So long story short if it is a sticker or such cosmetic accessories Online or local shops are ok. Anything else it is best to have some accountability/backup
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
I am trying to reach 99rpm - sent a couple of mails already to sales@99rpm.com but have not received any response from them for the past 2 weeks. They don't seem to have a customer care phone number
Exactly my experience - can't reach them over phone and e-mail is the only option.

Usually, based on my experience, the e-mails do get answered albeit with a delay.

Did you get any e-mail confirmation from them for the order i.e. if you were unable to get online confirmation? Have you logged into your account and checked the status?

Suggest that you send a copy of the bank statement with the transaction showing payment made to them and wait for their (eventual) reply....
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 17:07   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Exactly my experience - can't reach them over phone and e-mail is the only option.

Usually, based on my experience, the e-mails do get answered albeit with a delay.
They finally responded after about 2 weeks. They confirmed the payment and offered to place another order for me. One of the parts they mentioned needs to be ordered from manufacturer etc.

I promptly asked for a full refund. Their website doesn't indicate current inventory.
loki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 19:29   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.... there is no alternative to 99rpm if you want original spares and peace of mind. (The only other option is to depend on your service centre - but, that will require an equal amount of patience )

Yes - they don't indicate availability (current inventory); but, they do mention if the item is not supplied currently.

There are some minor items which I want for my Palio - brakes etc. Thinking of taking a chance, as I am not in a hurry...
Old 28th October 2020, 18:56   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
... Their website doesn't indicate current inventory.
Quote:
.. some minor items which I want for my Palio - brakes etc. Thinking of taking a chance, as I am not in a hurry...
Update -

Ordered a few (brake related) parts, a couple of spares and oil filter from 99rpm a few weeks ago. Was delivered in ~2 weeks.

The items which are not available (disruption in supply) is given in the site. Guess that the ones which are in stock are supplied as per their usual schedule.

Last edited by vrprabhu : 28th October 2020 at 18:57. Reason: Added an emphasis
Old 23rd November 2020, 01:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you get any e-mail confirmation from them for the order i.e. if you were unable to get online confirmation? Have you logged into your account and checked the status?

Suggest that you send a copy of the bank statement with the transaction showing payment made to them and wait for their (eventual) reply....
To me they never replied to my emails! My small parts from them still remains as undelivered - 10months after placing the order!
they dont bother to reply to any emails!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks