Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:53   #181
BANNED

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
To me they never replied to my emails! My small parts from them still remains as undelivered - 10months after placing the order!
they dont bother to reply to any emails!
Why don't you raise a ticket for that specific order? They take 24 to 48 hours to respond to tickets raised.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:26   #182
Team-BHP Support

I have bought a few replacement and service parts online, and find it convenient to do so. To me, if it comes cheaper, and not urgent, then surely online is an option worth pursuing. Sometimes the part even comes from overseas countries.
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:57   #183
BHPian

This year I bought parts online for my 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 AT from boodmo.
The following parts were ordered from boodmo, and they arrived within 1-2 days of ordering them:

(1) Front and rear coil overs.
(2) Air Filter. (Non - OEM)
(3) Spark plugs.

There were others parts that took 10-15 days to arrive:one engine mounting and upper and lower transmission mount.

I had placed another order for parts but cancelled it in 24 hours of ordering it and the refund got processed in 2-3 working days. Overall experience is good.
Old 16th December 2020, 12:51   #184
BHPian

I used to buy parts online specifically through one of the most famous one out there. But my recent few experience was bad. Specifically when purchasing based on the compatibility found on that site.

1. I brought a Door sill trim for my Polo. The part was OEM Replacement and mentioned as compatible for Polo but once I try to fit it, I came to know that the mountings are similar, but it wasn't fitting flush with the car and my FNG told that this belong to Rapid or Vento and not for Polo 1st Gen. Fun part is that while removing the old trim the clips got broken and now I am stuck with a non-compatible part and a car without Trim.So I contacted the customer care to inform this issue , (though I didn’t request for a refund or return since I was planning to use the new one temporarily to avoid water seepage inside ) customer care outright informed me that they cannot accept return as I have used it and it wasn’t there mistake and the part is mentioned as compatible, kind of like this is their default response for any issue, I was bit surprised with this response as I wasn’t even asking for a refund and my only intention was to inform them regarding the non-compatibility issue. I moved on and forgot the matter and brought the trim from another source.

2. Fast forward 2 Month I had brought a shock absorber repair kit for my Polo and I brought an OES part which eventually cancelled since the seller was not having the stock. My next option was to go for an aftermarket part which was mentioned as compatible for my car. I brought the same and went to my trusted FNG and once after removing the suspension and tried to fit the parts we came to know that shape is similar, but dimensions are not same as the OEM parts and now we are out of options to use the new mount, since we already removed all the stuffs, we ended up scavenging some old parts including mount and using some new by modifying it a bit. As usual I informed customer care about the same and this time, I told them to investigate it more seriously before replying and they agreed and got back to me after few days saying the part is not compatible with my car but is still listed as Compatible in their site. But this time I asked them about the refund as it wasted an entire day and Labor cost. And I still did not replace the main component which I wanted to replace. But to no one's surprise the customer care told me that they cannot refund or replace the part since I have tried to use it though they have mentioned a non-compatible part as compatible in their site.
The relevancy of such online part store is when a common man can order parts by checking the compatibility and such without any hassle, but if we cannot guarantee the compatibility how can we trust such sites. Also, the return policy will not allow a person to return an item which has been tried to use and failed. Unfortunately, our eyes are not Xray scanner to scan and find the dimension without unboxing the part

Being a person who shops everything online, my critical auto parts shopping may stay offline until they sort out these issues.

Last edited by Adam : 16th December 2020 at 13:08. Reason: Correcting Formating Error
Old 17th December 2020, 13:32   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I used to buy parts online specifically through one of the most famous one out there. But my recent few experience was bad. Specifically when purchasing based on the compatibility found on that site.

1. I brought a Door sill trim for my Polo. The part was OEM Replacement and mentioned as compatible for Polo but once I try to fit it, I came to

Being a person who shops everything online, my critical auto parts shopping may stay offline until they sort out these issues.
Quick update on progress : After contacting one of the higher official of that company , A customer care representative called me and inquired more details and was willing to provide a satisfactory resolution for me. Also the thing what I really appreciated was the new representative was willing to Listen and understand the problem and provide a resolution , which was lacking at the beginning when I raised the above issue . Anyway In my opinion Customer satisfaction shouldn't be a privilege only for those who have higher contacts , but it should be for everyone. Hopefully they will correct it and improve further.

Last edited by Adam : 17th December 2020 at 13:59.
Old 17th December 2020, 15:54   #186
BHPian

Well I had tried to buy some paint work items on amazon, did not work well. But then buying batteries online is something that has worked well (both efficient and cost effective)...The common question on OEM parts online is how reliable are they going to be...For those I would prefer to not go online...
Old 12th July 2021, 16:43   #187
BHPian

My experience with Boodmo was good. Ordered Bosch ClearAdvantage wipers for my Nexon for the windshield and OEM wiper for the rear. All 3 got delivered timely, within 1 week of order placement. I had tried to find these on Amazon and Flipkart too to benchmark pricing, but they were simply not available there.

9/10 to Boodmo on parts availability.

My only feedback to them: maybe allow for COD? This will allow for more people to put their faith in ordering from them.
Wasn't very happy about the delivery charges, which were substantial given the size and weight for the packages.
jubingoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 22:55   #188
BHPian

My straight is yes.

Firstly, it's my interest and I love to fix everything on my own.
Secondly, I am very much pissed off with those exorbitant bills of the ASS/dealerships.
Thirdly, the dealership's technical expertise is limited let alone be sufficient enough.

However, the catch here that my decision will depend on
1. The problem itself that I am wanna fix.
2. The warranty time
3. The genuiness of the online spares and of course the warranty of the same.
Old 4th August 2021, 16:50   #189
BHPian

I tried Boodmo.com for the first time to buy parts online and personally I felt it did not provide any advantage other than getting delivered at home for a fees.

I chose this after visiting the Hyundai Service center who also had the replacement part at same price (minus the shipping) but it was not the exact part number for the Tail gate Struts but he said it will fit. So I searched Boodmo and found the correct part number listed and hence ordered. But I received the same one what service center was offering (different part number but compatible). So net net, I ended up getting the same part after paying extra shipping. I would like to point out that Customer Care offered to return it if unused but I decided it was not worth the hassle to return it.

End result, you may or may not get the exact part you ordered so I personally would prefer to get the part from ASS unless it's a lockdown or you are very far away. But good online retailers will definitely provide a hassle free return option in case you are not satisfied.
Old 11th August 2021, 23:31   #190
BHPian

boodmo seems to be providing assistance in installing parts at home. A good thing, IMO.
Regards,
lsjey
Attached Images

lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 09:30   #191
BHPian

Awful experience with 99rpm.com

The following is my experience with 99rpm.com which started in second week of November 2021. One fine day, I had an idea to relocate my bike number plate to fairing (near the mirrors) and ditch the dedicated number holder (which was rusting a bit). Among a couple of sites which I came across, 99rpm had the most detailed catalogue (similar to Boodmo) though their inventory was limited to Bajaj & Fiat only.

Though they had mostly negative reviews online regarding people who lost their money for orders which never showed up, I took the plunge and placed the order. The spare item costs only 110 Rupees and an almost same amount for shipping. Since my trip to a service center would cost more for fuel, the shipping cost was not a deterrent.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  57.2 KB

Now started the game of auto-generated mails from 99rpm. They would mail ~ once in a week to update status (which always said the part was in backorder/ pending).This continued for more than a month and I didn't bother since it was not a necessity. After a month I managed to get the part over counter and hence decided to cancel the order and shot them a mail. The next set of auto generated mails said that the part was ready to ship but never updated the status of shipping.

And then *Silence* from 99rpm.com . After almost 2 weeks, I again gave the a reminder mail and got more *Silence* . Though the amount was meagre, I wasn't ready to accept their cheating and move on. Meanwhile I continued to receive auto-generated status updates. The website doesn't have a customer care number but only the mail address which I was addressing to. I got hold of a number from this forum and it showed "99rpm Sales" in Truecaller also, but the call recipient cut the call citing wrong number.

And coming to present, I wrote another mail to them which contained some golden words "You are requested to cancel my order and refund my money failing which I shall be forced to take up legal action as per IPC 417 and Unfair Trade Practices under Section 2 (1) (r) of the Consumer Protection Act."

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-99-rpm-fraud4.jpg

Exactly one minute after this was sent, I received a mail for refund. Just checked today and found that the refund amount was credited on the same day itself.

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-99-rpm-fraud3.jpg

My learnings from this incident:
  • Better to call and confirm regarding the order before placing it with such websites.
  • Do not let anyone get away with your hard earned money , however small it might be.
  • All that sites which have detailed catalogues are not gold
  • 99rpm sees all our mails and chooses to willfully ignore them. They could have issued a refund in first place but chose to con me.

From the many negative reviews found online, it seems that many people have lost their money with this site. People ignorant about any consumer protection rights are often preyed upon and their money is never returned.

And now the cherry on the cake:

Right after they sent me order cancellation + refund mail , they chose to block my user account. . Form many user reviews online this seems to be their SOP.

The refunded amount was 10rs less that what I had paid ( Handling charges for something that was incorrectly handled). I hope they spend this amount well and fortify their business and ethics.

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-99-rpm-fraud.jpg
maheshm619 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 13:40   #192
BHPian

With the advent of online spares, ideally it should be a big boon for users like us. I've not used Boodmo or any other website to buy parts. Amazon/Flipkart seems like a good bet but then I've had not so great experiences with them either. I am considering to buy basic spares to begin with and see how it goes for me.
Old 29th January 2022, 16:23   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiredd1005 View Post
With the advent of online spares, ideally it should be a big boon for users like us. I've not used Boodmo or any other website to buy parts. Amazon/Flipkart seems like a good bet but then I've had not so great experiences with them either. I am considering to buy basic spares to begin with and see how it goes for me.
Do try boodmo, I have used them a few times for spares needed on my 10 year old polo. Patience is needed as parts take a long time to arrive but they do come. My last order was on 12th JAN for 3 spares:

1) Radio Antenna
2) Master Power Window switches
3) Driver AC vent.

Number 3 was delivered today, the other 2 are still processing due to part unavailability with delivery dates being changed 2 times so far. The AC vent was same as the original fitted, same manufacturer and replacement was quick and easy. Quite happy with this.

The total cost was around 3.4k and it had to be prepaid.

I knew I would have to wait for a while and there is no urgency for the parts. These 2 factors allowed me to order again. My previous spares were tiny - such as the water tank filler cap which was no where else visible and they too were delivered. Whatever systems they have in place seem to work for me. They also now have attempted to make returns and cancellations easier with direct links on the site. This was not a feature available before.

NOTE: I am not affiliated with them in any way, just sharing my experience with them.

Last edited by ankur_fox : 29th January 2022 at 16:26.
ankur_fox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 16:31   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Do try boodmo, I have used them a few times for spares needed on my 10 year old polo. Patience is needed as parts take a long time to arrive but they do come. My last order was on 12th JAN for 3 spares:

NOTE: I am not affiliated with them in any way, just sharing my experience with them.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sure the experience will be different for everyone. I'll give it a shot this time. I'm still scouting for spares sold online. A friend said he once ordered filters and oil from Amazon and he got tampered material.
Old 29th January 2022, 18:20   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not voted as none of the options suit me. I buy spares online for routine/sudden replacements and maybe its piecemeal depending upon the online/offline availability.
When online, I always order from trusted websites/ suppliers and have had a very pleasant innings with boodmo. I can vouch for their trustworthiness and reliability. For each particular car model you have so many icons to choose spares from any nook and corner of your car, tiny or large simply with the click of the mouse and by adding to your cart.

Yes, sometimes the freight charges are just equal to the cost of spares here. Hence, one must login and have his user id etc with the email registered with boodmo. They send offers lasting a week or so regularly by mail. They send discount offers for particular classes of spares and also for spares of certain makes/ models. The discounted spares are in no way inferior to the full-priced ones. Its just a sort of clearance sale I believe. We also get free shipping offers from boodmo at times, that need to be availed to bypass the spares+ freight costs equal to one another malady.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 29th January 2022 at 18:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks