Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes Only for routine services 42 10.27%
Yes For routine services + replacements 322 78.73%
No 45 11.00%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd November 2020, 09:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
To me they never replied to my emails! My small parts from them still remains as undelivered - 10months after placing the order!
they dont bother to reply to any emails!
Why don't you raise a ticket for that specific order? They take 24 to 48 hours to respond to tickets raised.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:26   #182
Team-BHP Support

I have bought a few replacement and service parts online, and find it convenient to do so. To me, if it comes cheaper, and not urgent, then surely online is an option worth pursuing. Sometimes the part even comes from overseas countries.
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:57   #183
BHPian

This year I bought parts online for my 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 AT from boodmo.
The following parts were ordered from boodmo, and they arrived within 1-2 days of ordering them:

(1) Front and rear coil overs.
(2) Air Filter. (Non - OEM)
(3) Spark plugs.

There were others parts that took 10-15 days to arrive:one engine mounting and upper and lower transmission mount.

I had placed another order for parts but cancelled it in 24 hours of ordering it and the refund got processed in 2-3 working days. Overall experience is good.
Old 16th December 2020, 12:51   #184
BHPian

I used to buy parts online specifically through one of the most famous one out there. But my recent few experience was bad. Specifically when purchasing based on the compatibility found on that site.

1. I brought a Door sill trim for my Polo. The part was OEM Replacement and mentioned as compatible for Polo but once I try to fit it, I came to know that the mountings are similar, but it wasn't fitting flush with the car and my FNG told that this belong to Rapid or Vento and not for Polo 1st Gen. Fun part is that while removing the old trim the clips got broken and now I am stuck with a non-compatible part and a car without Trim.So I contacted the customer care to inform this issue , (though I didn’t request for a refund or return since I was planning to use the new one temporarily to avoid water seepage inside ) customer care outright informed me that they cannot accept return as I have used it and it wasn’t there mistake and the part is mentioned as compatible, kind of like this is their default response for any issue, I was bit surprised with this response as I wasn’t even asking for a refund and my only intention was to inform them regarding the non-compatibility issue. I moved on and forgot the matter and brought the trim from another source.

2. Fast forward 2 Month I had brought a shock absorber repair kit for my Polo and I brought an OES part which eventually cancelled since the seller was not having the stock. My next option was to go for an aftermarket part which was mentioned as compatible for my car. I brought the same and went to my trusted FNG and once after removing the suspension and tried to fit the parts we came to know that shape is similar, but dimensions are not same as the OEM parts and now we are out of options to use the new mount, since we already removed all the stuffs, we ended up scavenging some old parts including mount and using some new by modifying it a bit. As usual I informed customer care about the same and this time, I told them to investigate it more seriously before replying and they agreed and got back to me after few days saying the part is not compatible with my car but is still listed as Compatible in their site. But this time I asked them about the refund as it wasted an entire day and Labor cost. And I still did not replace the main component which I wanted to replace. But to no one's surprise the customer care told me that they cannot refund or replace the part since I have tried to use it though they have mentioned a non-compatible part as compatible in their site.
The relevancy of such online part store is when a common man can order parts by checking the compatibility and such without any hassle, but if we cannot guarantee the compatibility how can we trust such sites. Also, the return policy will not allow a person to return an item which has been tried to use and failed. Unfortunately, our eyes are not Xray scanner to scan and find the dimension without unboxing the part

Being a person who shops everything online, my critical auto parts shopping may stay offline until they sort out these issues.

Last edited by Adam : 16th December 2020 at 13:08. Reason: Correcting Formating Error
Old 17th December 2020, 13:32   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I used to buy parts online specifically through one of the most famous one out there. But my recent few experience was bad. Specifically when purchasing based on the compatibility found on that site.

1. I brought a Door sill trim for my Polo. The part was OEM Replacement and mentioned as compatible for Polo but once I try to fit it, I came to

Being a person who shops everything online, my critical auto parts shopping may stay offline until they sort out these issues.
Quick update on progress : After contacting one of the higher official of that company , A customer care representative called me and inquired more details and was willing to provide a satisfactory resolution for me. Also the thing what I really appreciated was the new representative was willing to Listen and understand the problem and provide a resolution , which was lacking at the beginning when I raised the above issue . Anyway In my opinion Customer satisfaction shouldn't be a privilege only for those who have higher contacts , but it should be for everyone. Hopefully they will correct it and improve further.

Last edited by Adam : 17th December 2020 at 13:59.
Old 17th December 2020, 15:54   #186

Well I had tried to buy some paint work items on amazon, did not work well. But then buying batteries online is something that has worked well (both efficient and cost effective)...The common question on OEM parts online is how reliable are they going to be...For those I would prefer to not go online...

Most Viewed