Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2022, 20:31   #196
BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Do try boodmo, I have used them a few times for spares needed on my 10 year old polo. Patience is needed as parts take a long time to arrive but they do come. My last order was on 12th JAN for 3 spares:

NOTE: I am not affiliated with them in any way, just sharing my experience with them.
I found this website, seems ok to me. It says hyperlocal (based out of Bangalore looks like) so let's see.

https://www.partfindr.in/en/browse/engine-oil

I'll buy a small item first and see the response. If it is good then I'll try bigger items later.
Old 13th April 2022, 06:41   #197

Buying Spare Parts online is a gamble, with the success rate varying from website to website. My first experience of buying spare parts online was with Go Mechanic, which proved to be disastrous. I ordered spare parts for Tata Safari and they have sent me some other company's spares and that too used one. when asked for a return and refund, they simply refused and told me that I have to bear the cost of dispatch with no guarantee that the money will be refunded. Nice played Go Mechanic, cost of dispatch was more than the cost of parts. So I somehow got my anger subsided with the thought that nothing should come between My dream to restore my Dad's Tata Safari.

So the journey continued, I then switched to Boodmo, It was good till I got cheated again. I had already ordered various parts from boodmo from time to time, everything was going great, and my restoration project was in full swing. But someone has to be the villain of your story, and this time was Boodmo, I ordered Driver Side window switch driver which cost 2900 or so. They sent me a used and scratched one, I immediately took the photos informed the Boodmo and asked for a replacement. Which they simply denied by saying they don't offer replacements and this item will be returned.

The return pickup was quick but the same was not with the refund. When asked for a refund they simply said "as checked your return has been rejected after an investigation by our team, as the part returned is used, therefore no refund was initiated. Do let us know if you want us to re-dispatch the part from our end, as it gets scraped within 1 month. Hope it clarifies." Well, it didn't, I am still my fighting my case with their Customer Executive, which I must say isn't proving to be fruitful till now. Hope I get the refund.

1st Pic - Item which i ordered from Go Mechanic
2nd Pic - Item which i received
3rd Pic - Boodmo SW Driver whic they sent used one.
Attached Thumbnails
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-screenshot_20211227123607_chrome.jpg  

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-20211227_124531.jpg  

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-img20220323wa0007.jpg  

Old 29th August 2022, 08:54   #198
BHPian

My 15 years old Bajaj XCD 125 is due for an engine overhaul. Is it safe to buy parts from 99rpm.com? I see only this website to have genuine Bajaj spares.

I plan to show the bike to Bajaj, get to know the exact spares required, order it from 99rpm and then hand it over to Bajaj to get the overhaul done.
Old 29th August 2022, 22:51   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
. Is it safe to buy parts from 99rpm.com? I see only this website to have genuine Bajaj spares.
People who generally purchase FIAT spares have good things to say for 99rpm including me. Since the platform is same, I suppose it will be true for Bajaj spares as well.
Old 29th August 2022, 23:12   #200
BHPian

Just ordered some parts for my car from Boodmo.

Let's see how it turns out.
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:06   #201
BHPian

I generally prefer to buy spare parts from a offline trusted store but in some instances when the parts are not readily available I try to go for the online marketplace. The online experience is actually quite good and in some instances prices are a bit cheaper. Before you venture out online make sure to order only from the trusted sites otherwise chances of getting a fake or a different items is on a higher side,
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:40   #202
Senior - BHPian

Boodmo keeps giving a "Session Timed Out" error. Anyone else experiencing this ?
Old 28th September 2023, 13:31   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
My 15 years old Bajaj XCD 125 is due for an engine overhaul. Is it safe to buy parts from 99rpm.com? I see only this website to have genuine Bajaj spares.

I plan to show the bike to Bajaj, get to know the exact spares required, order it from 99rpm and then hand it over to Bajaj to get the overhaul done.
I'm on the same boat, own a 2009 XCD 135 with pathetic spare parts support. Something as simple as the air filter or even oil filter isn't available with Bajaj locally.

Have been ordering with 99rpm offlate and they have been able to deliver even the most rare and slow moving parts within a week!

The only thing I didn't like was, their customer support seem non existent. If anything goes bad, you are on your own.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 18:46   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I'm on the same boat, own a 2009 XCD 135 with pathetic spare parts support.

Have been ordering with 99rpm offlate and they have been able to deliver even the most rare and slow moving parts within a week!
Now although my post is over a year old, I'd go by your experience and order the crucial parts from 99rpm, as I have not used the bike for over 12 months, pending overhaul. The mechanic does not think that an overhaul is required but I will overhaul it anyway.

My current daily Home - Office - Home ride is an Inazuma which I want to take off the commuting job due to XCDs absence. The Inazuma gets all sorts of unwanted attention and is not meant to be ridden in gears 2 and 3 all the time.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks