Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 14:10   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Expo 2016 - As seen from BlueVolt's lens!

Wondeful pics blue volt. Easily to the standards of t-bhp! As CrazyDriver said, processing is definitely a notch above. But your coverage and pics make the thread really good to read thru.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 17:20   #242
BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

I guess there's no thread on Audi. Can anybody else having some images and details on Audi share it over here.
Old 7th February 2016, 17:51   #243
Team-BHP Support

Hi bluevolt,

Car shows are THE most difficult place to shoot.

1) Multiple light sources defeat the auto focus half the time giving you blurry pics.
2) The TTL meter on the camera finds it very difficult to measure the right exposure. This can result in over or under exposed shots as well as over saturated pics.

Therefore, you need to check for focus and exposure after every shot, and repeat if required. You should also shoot it raw so that you have maximum room for fixing the exposure later.

As I can see from the pics, you have suffered both the problems. Keep practicing, learn to change the exposure shot to shot depending on the need. It can be done.

Let me share examples of properly exposed whites and yellows, and unsaturated red. See in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-pa280732.jpg  

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-pa280715.jpg  

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-pa280428.jpg  

Samurai is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:29   #244

Thanks Blue Volt

Loved your comments. Straight from the Heart!!
Old 7th February 2016, 20:29   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I like ISUZU D-Max AUV. It looks very rugged and unique and looked more like an SUV than many so called new SUVs being launched these days. Kind of remind me the short period I was in Texas where most people will have these type of trucks for their daily office commute. A possible candidate for me when I upgrade where I am looking forward to move "SUVish"... Will they have a covered storage area similar to the picture below?
Yes they do have an option of a full cover for the load area. This was shown in the black Vmax (see the picture I posted on the previous page). I too am very keen on this vehicle and loved it when I saw it in the Expo. Do also see the Isuzu at Auto expo thread for more pics of this SUV.
Old 7th February 2016, 20:31   #246
Senior - BHPian

Nice shoot!

Few of my thoughts: Crysta in purple will look awesome at night, mainly in cities. You mixed Hexa & Nexon, I think you meant Hexa. BRV looked like Mobilio with higher GC and bit of cladding. People who like Mobilio will like BRV. I think Honda should have launched BRV earlier and skipped the Mobilio.
Old 7th February 2016, 21:23   #247
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches its new SIGNA range of commercial vehicles

From the Auto Expo
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-12243234_10208406813272168_3799007883639853648_n.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-12654419_10208406812912159_4958595730386070147_n.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-12670437_10208406813072163_2233991937455796789_n.jpg
Ashley2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 21:31   #248
Senior - BHPian

Tata launched the new Ultra 1518 in the show.
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-20160204_190320.jpg
Ashley2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:11   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Awesome piece of work Anmol Sir.
Pictures are just amazing.
Wish I could enjoy the expo with you but after seeing these pictures I feel as in I was there with you all the time.

Thanks
Aakarsh
Thanks Aakarsh. Hopefully we will plan out a meet again. And hopefully it will be executed much better this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Could have turn down the processing a bit. I feel like the colours and contrasts hurting the eyes when seen from the mobile version, as I do.

However, excellent coverage and detail.
Thanks CD, I actually realized this now. Post processing could have been toned down a bit. I don't have edit option to edit the thread anymore else would have made the changes.

Requesting members to view via desktop/laptop, high contrast and saturation will become adjustable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Wondeful pics blue volt. Easily to the standards of t-bhp! As CrazyDriver said, processing is definitely a notch above. But your coverage and pics make the thread really good to read thru.
Thanks swiftnfurious. I agree on the processing part, could have been better. Hopefully next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hi bluevolt,

Car shows are THE most difficult place to shoot.

1) Multiple light sources defeat the auto focus half the time giving you blurry pics.
2) The TTL meter on the camera finds it very difficult to measure the right exposure. This can result in over or under exposed shots as well as over saturated pics.

Therefore, you need to check for focus and exposure after every shot, and repeat if required. You should also shoot it raw so that you have maximum room for fixing the exposure later.

As I can see from the pics, you have suffered both the problems. Keep practicing, learn to change the exposure shot to shot depending on the need. It can be done.

Let me share examples of properly exposed whites and yellows, and unsaturated red. See in full size.
Thanks a lot Samurai sir for the valuable tips. I would make sure to keep a check on contrast & saturation levels in future.

With the kind of weekend rush, I was just focusing on how to get a clean shot instead of tuning the settings every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Catch View Post
Thanks Blue Volt

Loved your comments. Straight from the Heart!!
Thanks Dream Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Nice shoot!

Few of my thoughts: Crysta in purple will look awesome at night, mainly in cities. You mixed Hexa & Nexon, I think you meant Hexa. BRV looked like Mobilio with higher GC and bit of cladding. People who like Mobilio will like BRV. I think Honda should have launched BRV earlier and skipped the Mobilio.
Thanks Sourabh. Yup, I actually suggested Tata a new name for the Zica! Tata Hexon!

And yes you are right about BR-V/Mobilio. Let's see how Honda prices it.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 23:51   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes they do have an option of a full cover for the load area. This was shown in the black Vmax (see the picture I posted on the previous page). I too am very keen on this vehicle and loved it when I saw it in the Expo. Do also see the Isuzu at Auto expo thread for more pics of this SUV.

Yeah, they do have the hydraulic cover however do note that the estimated cost would be 1.2 lacs, as provided by the exhibitors. I see this vehicle failing because of another poor case of mis evaluation of the market in terms of pricing.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:18   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
From the Auto Expo
Any reason for TM to offer the SIGNA 3118 without the lift axle and going the AL 3116il way? The LPT3118c had many takers when it was launched.

What engine powers the Ultra 1518 - is it a Cummins one, or a 497 derivative?
Old 8th February 2016, 10:21   #252
BHPian

Quote:
More than 3.2 lakh people visited the Auto Expo 2016 in Greater Noida on the first three days, with Sunday witnessing a record crowd of over 1.3 lakh.
Quote:
The current edition of the biennial show has so far seen more footfalls than last year - fewer than 3.1 lakh people visited it on the first three days in 2014. The organisers are expecting 6 lakh visitors before the show closes on Tuesday, compared with 5.6 lakh last time.
Source

Despite some big ticket absences, the Auto Expo seems to have shrugged it aside and surged to new heights and looks like it will comfortably exceed the levels set in the previous edition.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:22   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
I too love the Nexon for its looks.
It's a stunner!

Regarding the engine, most probably it will have a new 1.5 l diesel engine rated at 108 bhp and 2.6 kgm of torque. On the other hand, same petrol engine from zest could be there as an option too.

Regards
Aakarsh
I had a word with a TATA engineer there at the expo, and he said that the engine to be used is newly developed in house. It is a 1.5lt diesel, and they'll soon start marketing it.

Regarding its launch, everyone is singing a different song. Some say it'd be mid 2016, and some are saying it'd be 2017.
I believe it'd early 2017, as TATA has Hexa, Zica and Kite to launch. Don't know in what order will these new vehicles be launched.

Overall amazing show by TATA.
v_safari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 14:30   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
I guess there's no thread on Audi. Can anybody else having some images and details on Audi share it over here.
Here it is, in case you missed it - Audi @ Auto Expo 2016
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 17:33   #255
BHPian

Keen to explore more about the Mahindra CV stalls, so is that of Ashok Leyland.

Link to MotorIndia's post on Mahindra Blazo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks