Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 19:06   #211
BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

My thanks to the Mods, who have made it possible for us to be able to 'view' the Auto Expo in absentia and for the superb coverage that they have made available through hard work !! Covering all the stalls, in-depth comments and great photography - I salute your skills and passion for the job !!

Going through the posts on the different sections, it feels that most of the Indian manufacturers (TATA, M&M, MSIL) have put on stellar performances and showcased good designs, but somehow, its MSIL's Vitara Brezza that seems to be the showstopper ( my personal opinion !).

Companies like VW,Toyota, Jeep, Hundai, Datsun, Nissan et al are there but seem to lack that 'defining' product in their display lineup, barring Datsun's Redi-GO concept.
TheStranger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 12:59   #212
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I w spel al ou word withou las lette w migh tur int trend corporat marketin peopl

If the folks at Chevrolet want to derive the car's name from common English words by dropping the last letter, then I suggest they drop a few letters more (instead of just the last letter).

Either Essen or Sentia would be a much better name than Essentia.

Essen happens to be the name of a city in Germany. It can also mean a meal in the German language.

Sentia is the goddess of children's development, and the word is of Latin origin. Considering the rapid decline of Chevrolet's sales in India, the company could surely do with a little help from a caring goddess!
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 14:17   #213
BHPian

Has anyone been to Audi or BMW stall at the Expo? Have not seen anything from them till now. Or am I missing something?
Old 5th February 2016, 14:22   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Has anyone been to Audi or BMW stall at the Expo? Have not seen anything from them till now. Or am I missing something?
Here is the sub-forum for the Auto Expo 2016. I do not see any report of Audi or BMW. I assume the moderators are putting across the thread and would be live soon.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-auto-expo/
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 16:55   #215
BHPian

Why is there absolutely no news about the BMW G310R? I did see the news that it had been unveiled on one of the auto mag sites but given the importance of BMW Motorrad entering India directly, I was expecting a lot more noise.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:10   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Here's one : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...po-2016-a.html
Old 5th February 2016, 17:53   #217
BHPian

This has to be the most boring of all auto expos!!! Blame it on over exposure, I guess, apart from the concepts (which may or may not make it to production), not a single model from any manufacturer seems exciting.

I guess its only Honda that tried to add some fun and exiting to the auto expo by displaying and launching () the Honda Navi comedy piece!!!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 18:49   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some pics of the Newly launched Isuzu D-Max Vcross. Checked with the Sales team there and they said that the 4x4 MT version would be launched at around 15 Lacs ex showroom and can be registered for personal use. The Interiors are also great and at this price it would be a real bargain buy, and someone looking for true adventure offroad use can really customise their hearts out on this one. The Vcross will be launched in Apr 2016.
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcross1.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcross2.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcross3.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcross4.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcross5.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-vcrossinterior.jpg

Here is an example from overland4x4.com on how it can be customized!
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-isuszuoverland.jpg

Mods, can we have a new thread for Isuzu @ Auto Expo?

Last edited by Behemoth : 5th February 2016 at 19:15.
Behemoth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 00:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

This is an excellent part of life,where Im sitting miles away from Autoshow and witnessing so closely all the automobiles displayed. Thanks Team BHP and mods.
Can someone cover UM Motorcycles and give a brief review on Renegade Sport S, which Im intending to buy. Launch dates and dealership details would be appreciated. Thanks.
hillram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 01:11   #220
BHPian

Apologies for jumping in between the auto expo discussion.

But is BLUE the colour of the season?

Just have a look below, our t-bhp home page.
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-blue.jpg
iamahunter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 02:58   #221
BHPian

Frankly speaking, it is much better to view the Auto Expo on Team-BHP than by actually visiting.
I had such an underwhelming experience today that I would probably never go back. I can't fathom why the same companies who let us experience their cars for free via test drives or in their showrooms won't let me anywhere near their cars even after I am paying money for their experience.
Also, BMW had a really sound strategy and everyone was getting to sit and experience their cars no matter how high the price. Maruti on the other hand weren't even letting people experience the Swift Dzire.
I however got some of my money's worth by getting to experience the pick-ups that I was interested in and I would probably end up picking the Imperio over the double cab D-max just because I don't have an Isuzu dealership nearby.

Also no matter how much hate we want to show for Fiat's lackluster line-up, they stole the show for me with a single car - Avventura Urban Cross. The car had such beautiful alloy wheels, ( which all Fiats on show had and all were different designs) such an awe-inspiring LED lights package and an unbearably cool grill.
The package looked so mouth-watering, I can guarantee any car lover would have cut a cheque if that car was available for sale.
This car and the Renault Kwid Sports car stole the show for me.

Advice for people visiting the show -

1) Try and reach early and park at the P1 parking slot.
2) Try and carry food and water with you if you can. Prices inside are exorbitant
3) If buying food from inside, first decide what you are buying and add up the costs and then only buy the smart card from the kiosks. That way if you are unable to return the card at the end, due to long queues in front of the refund counter, you only end up losing 50 bucks that was the card security fees.

This implementation is pathetic and time wasting and I ended up cursing the organizers for their greedy measures to loot the people.
Like I said above I would probably never visit again unless I get passes for the media day.
rdst_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 13:05   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Wow, TATA Nexon looks stunning.
They have a win win product in the kitty. They just need to market and price it correct.

I read somewhere or on TATA's site itself that there will be a 1.5 diesel on offer.
Any idea on the engine options ?
I too love the Nexon for its looks.
It's a stunner!

Regarding the engine, most probably it will have a new 1.5 l diesel engine rated at 108 bhp and 2.6 kgm of torque. On the other hand, same petrol engine from zest could be there as an option too.

Regards
Aakarsh
Old 6th February 2016, 13:18   #223
BHPian

I like ISUZU D-Max AUV. It looks very rugged and unique and looked more like an SUV than many so called new SUVs being launched these days. Kind of remind me the short period I was in Texas where most people will have these type of trucks for their daily office commute. A possible candidate for me when I upgrade where I am looking forward to move "SUVish"... Will they have a covered storage area similar to the picture below?
Attached Thumbnails
The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-truck-back.jpg  

Old 6th February 2016, 13:34   #224
BHPian

The ceiling of the VIP/Members lounge was strung up with KITES. Did a certain company influence this ?
Old 6th February 2016, 14:13   #225
BHPian

Agree with rdst_1. The auto expo is best viewed on TeamBHP. I was there yesterday and the place was ready to burst. The P2 parking is a horror. The shuttles didn't have space to ferry passengers. We kept waiting for shuttles on the way back but they were all over-stuffed.

Business Hours are no different from regular hours. You can hardly click a photo before somebody comes along posing for selfies pushing you away.

The food court was better managed than 2014(they ran out of food that year and the queues were longer)

Not much on the concept and new car front this time either. Hardly anything exciting apart from XUV aero.

Some colleagues were complaining on the lack of eye candy(models) compared to last time and that seemed to be true too.

The crowd was unruly but that's not the organizer's fault. Where the organizer faultered was calling the morning hours business hours and then letting every Tom, Dick & Harry as well as George, Jack & Bob in. I wouldn't mind paying more(2 to 3 times) for a better experience but the higher priced ticket didn't gaurantee it so differential pricing didn't cut it.

Overall a sad sad scene.
Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks