Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 10:55   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Honda has revealed its model line-up for the 2016 Auto Expo, which is scheduled to be held next month. Under a booth theme of "Accelerate with Honda", it will showcase models that are likely to be launched in India in future and racing machines.

The company has disclosed that the BR-V crossover will be showcased at the event. The production version of this vehicle was displayed at the Thailand Motor Show in December 2015 (click here to read report). The BR-V measures 4,455 mm in length, 1,735 mm in width and 1,650 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,660 mm and ground clearance of 200 mm. It is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, i-VTEC petrol engine that produces 117 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 146 Nm of torque @ 4,700 rpm. The vehicle that was displayed in Thailand had a CVT gearbox. A 6-speed manual transmission is expected as well.

Honda is also planning to exhibit the Accord sedan at the Auto Expo. The car is expected to be launched in India later this year. It will compete with the Skoda Superb, Toyota Camry and upcoming Volkswagen Passat.

Honda had dropped the Accord from its India line-up in 2013 due to poor sales and a shrinking D2 sedan segment. Now, the company has decided to re-introduce the car in India. It is likely to be launched with a 2.4-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 183 BHP and 245 Nm of torque. A 6-speed manual and a CVT gearbox are expected to be available as transmission options. A hybrid version with a 2.0-litre petrol engine and a 124 kW electric motor could be launched later.

Additionally, Honda will display concepts such as the Project 2&4 powered by RC213V and the Jazz Racing Concept. The McLaren Honda MP4-30 Formula One racing car and the Honda ASIMO (Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility) humanoid robot and will be present at the stall as well.

The company will also display models that are currently on sale in India including the Brio, Amaze, City, Jazz, Mobilio and CR-V. The Goldwing motorcycle be showcased as well.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The company has disclosed that the BR-V crossover will be showcased at the event.
To the people who are attending the show, kindly check when the India launch is scheduled. I am so looking forward for the bookings to open, so that I can replace my aging Innova.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th January 2016 at 16:37. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 14th January 2016, 16:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-Benz has revealed its plans for the upcoming 2016 Auto Expo.

One of the vehicles that the German manufacturer will showcase is the GLC-Class SUV. The GLC-Class replaces the GLK-Class in the Mercedes-Benz model line-up. It is positioned between the GLA-Class and GLE-Class. Mercedes-Benz had recently imported one unit for homologation (click here to read report). The car is likely to be launched in India later this year.

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-glc.jpg

Mercedes-Benz will also unveil the S-Class Cabriolet at the Auto Expo. This is the drop-top version of the S-Class Coupe, which launched in India in July 2015.

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-sclass-cabriolet.jpg

A customised Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard armoured luxury car and the Mercedes AMG F1 team's FIA World Championship Winning F1 W06 Hybrid car will also be displayed.

Other exhibits are likely to include vehicles from the Mercedes-Benz India and global portfolio. The Mercedes-Benz Pavilion will be situated in Hall 15 of the Auto Expo.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 17:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki has announced its plans for the 2016 Auto Expo, which will be held in February at Greater Noida. The company's pavilion will be built around the theme "Transformotion" - which means Transformation through Motion.

Here's a look at some of the products that will be showcased:

Vitara Brezza - The global unveil of the Vitara Brezza is scheduled to be held on February 3, 2016. Maruti has been testing this vehicle in India for more than a year now. The car has been designed and engineered by the Maruti Suzuki development team led by Chief Engineer Mr. CV Raman. It is likely to be powered by Maruti's current range of petrol and diesel engines. The company is also rumoured to be developing a 1.5-litre diesel for the Vitara Brezza. It could be used at a later stage.

Concept Ignis - The Ignis was revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2015 (click here to read report). It will be unveiled here on February 4, 2016. There have been rumours that Maruti is considering a production version of the car for India. It could be launched during the festive season of 2016 and is likely to be sold through the NEXA dealership network.

Baleno RS Concept - The Baleno RS Concept is a sporty version of the Baleno hatchback and features some cosmetic & mechanical changes. The car is powered by a 1.0-litre, turbocharged BoosterJet petrol engine, which is rumoured to develop 110 BHP and 170 Nm of torque. Maruti has already started testing it on our roads (click here to read report). It would be nice to have a launch of this more powerful version here.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 10:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Can anybody explain the difference between those hours?
Does business hour have less of a crowd?
What is the best time to go there?
+1. I was also going to post the same questions.

Since media days are prior to 5th Feb, I am not sure what Business hours mean.

Does a business pass allow you to enter the stalls post barricades and explore the cars?

I visited the expo last year with a normal ticket and was disappointing as most of the stalls could only be viewed from a distance.
This time around I want to arrange/buy passes that give me access to cars.

Please help.
Old 17th January 2016, 07:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet has disclosed its model line-up for the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The Chevrolet pavilion will be located in Hall 5.

Among the vehicles on display will be the Spin MPV, which is slated to be launched in 2017. This 7-seater vehicle is expected to replace the slow-selling Enjoy in India. It is already on sale in some countries and comes with a choice of three engines - a 1.2-litre petrol (85 BHP, 115 Nm), a 1.5-litre petrol (107.5 BHP, 142 Nm) and a 1.3-litre diesel (74 BHP, 190 Nm). It will compete with MPVs such as the Honda Mobilio, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Renault Lodgy.

Chevrolet will also reveal two new concept vehicles during a press conference that will begin at 8:20 am on February 3.

Additional attractions at the Chevrolet pavilion will include the Corvette and Camaro sports cars, along with the Colorado pick-up. From the cars on sale in India, the company will showcase the Trailblazer SUV and the Cruze sedan with cosmetic changes and upgraded features.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 08:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since media days are prior to 5th Feb, I am not sure what Business hours mean
Business hours should be little better than regular hours , tickets are little expensive.
Quote:
Does a business pass allow you to enter the stalls post barricades and explore the cars?
Not really , but you have better chances if rush is low ( very slim chances though ) , just get dressed in a nice suit and you should be able see / explore these beauties from near - Cars & the models

BMW is having an exclusive cocktail evening on 5th & 6th and have apparently invited past / prospect customers for 7 series - a formal mail followed with a phone call and passes by courier ,

Jaguar /LR has also sent some mailers , you can try below link to get registered for free tickets

https://jaguar-testdrive.in/AutoExpo...ampaign=Public

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th January 2016 at 08:09.
Old 18th January 2016, 10:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Chevrolet has disclosed its model line-up for the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The Chevrolet pavilion will be located in Hall 5.
That is a very clumsy line-up for Chevrolet to showcase in India. I was curious about the Beat facelift /sub 4m sedan or the Sail updates/replacements or any other India specific arrivals. Sadly, the Expo will not exactly help Chevvy to give a clear roadmap of its plans in India.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
That is a very clumsy line-up for Chevrolet to showcase in India. I was curious about the Beat facelift /sub 4m sedan or the Sail updates/replacements or any other India specific arrivals. Sadly, the Expo will not exactly help Chevvy to give a clear roadmap of its plans in India.
Lol exactly. My first thoughts were, weren't this what they put up on display last year ? Cosmetic changes ? Bring the new Cruze here. Showcase your electric range of vehicles including the so called Tesla killer Chevy Bolt. Why is Chevy not making an effort ?
Old 19th January 2016, 15:19   #25
BHPian

Delhi Auto Expo 2016 preview from Autocar

Just received info via email about the Auto Expo.

Looks like its getting hotter this year with a lot of offerings.

Link to the site here.

Cheers.

Mods: Apologies, did find the correct thread. Could you please move to the right one? Thanks.

Last edited by anvara : 19th January 2016 at 15:24.
Old 21st January 2016, 19:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW India teaser video for 2016 Delhi Auto Expo.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 13:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors reveals 2016 Auto Expo product line-up

Tata Motors has revealed the product range it will have on display at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The passenger vehicles hub will unveil future cars from Tata Motors and the company's exhibit at the event will play host to concepts and production ready vehicles alike.

The Tata Zica will make its public debut at the event and Tata will also debut the KITE 5 compact sedan. The KITE 5 will essentially be a sub-4 metre sedan version of the Zica, with powertrain options, design cues and features being common between the two cars.

On the SUV / crossover front, the production ready version of the Aria-based HEXA will make its debut. The exhibit will also give visitors a “preview” of the NEXON compact SUV, though it is uncertain if it will be a production ready version or a reworked version of the concept seen at the previous auto expo. Tata will also present the Safari Storme Tuff edition, which is likely to feature extensive cosmetic changes and add-ons.

Tata will also showcase the Bolt Sport. The performance edition of the Bolt, which was featured at the 2015 Geneva motor show, is powered by a 1.2L Revotron engine that makes 120 BHP (vs 89 BHP) and maximum torque of 170 Nm, as a result of ECU mapping and a high-flow exhaust system.

The stall will also have a personalization studio where kitted up versions of the Zica (named Zica Aktiv), Zest and Hexa (named Hexa Tuff), will be on display. Tata Motors will also showcase a host of commercial vehicles, including new products from the Ultra range of commercial vehicles, along with the Ace Mega XL and Magic Iris Ziva small commercial vehicles.

The Mega Auto Expo 2016 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-1.jpg

*Image for representation only.

Last edited by Tushar : 25th January 2016 at 13:22.
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 14:03   #28
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors reveals 2016 Auto Expo product line-up

I hope they give some details about the luanch of Hexa. That is one product that is already too late for the market...
Old 25th January 2016, 14:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Everything is late from this company. Zica success is entirely depends on pricing, Hexa should have been in the market by this time. Same is the case with Nexon, if they are not showing production ready Nexon, god bless Tata. Sub 4 metre sedan success too depends on pricing.
Old 25th January 2016, 15:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Business hours should be little better than regular hours , tickets are little expensive.
Only a little better. Last time I could not get a good look a i8 due to crowd during business hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I hope they give some details about the luanch of Hexa. That is one product that is already too late for the market...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Everything is late from this company. Zica success is entirely depends on pricing, Hexa should have been in the market by this time. Same is the case with Nexon, if they are not showing production ready Nexon, god bless Tata. Sub 4 metre sedan success too depends on pricing.
Launch details of Hexa? I think its high time we get launch details of Zica and I do not see launch of Nexon before mid 2017 because of the way Tata works.

Anyways, i just got my ticket. Eager to be there to see the upcoming products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks