Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 18:20   #31
BHPian

Re: June 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Maruti has also created confidence in the mind of public by supplying its genuine spares in open market. So, you can always go to your FNG and get it repaired at reasonable prices. On the contrary, most of other brands have monopolised their spare and service and the buyer is always at the mercy of the dealer who is free to inflate service bills. Also, the spares of many brands are thoroughly overpriced ( e.g INR 5K for a fog lamp of Vento. Does not even come close to a INR 2.5K foglamp by Hella).

The feeling of be at the mercy of dealer and be able to do nothing about it keeps folks like me closer to Maruti/Tata/Mahindra.
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:17   #32
BHPian

Thanks Aditya for the detailed report.

Despite the many launches recently, the market share distribution seems to be oblivious to that. May be the only exception is Honda who had managed to gain few points.

The SUVs & MUVs seems to be on the decline across the board. Recent launches like New Age XUV doesn't seem to have made that big an impact. Duster seems to be the only one that stands out from a MoM stand point (though down significantly from start of the year). Could it be in anticipation of more options / facelifts ?
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dzire numbers are just extraordinary. It is a 7-8 lakh rupee car which is not a small amount by any stretch of imagination. The competitors cars in this segment are also pretty good. And among them at least Hyundai had a dealer network coverage as good as Maruti. Still the Dzire keeps marching on. Unbelievable.

The Verna seems to be losing steam. Will be interesting to see if the Vento can take the 3rd spot.

With the big 2 entering the compact SUV Segment with the S Cross and Creta , I think these sales charts will undergo a shakeup. I don't think they will do the mistake of restricting supply like Ford did with Ecosport. So expecting big numbers from these two.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

June 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

The sheer increase in amaze sales may be attributed to dealers pushing amaze with goodies and clearing their indents before the Jazz launch. Jazz will anyway is going to cannibalise amaze in coming months. And also with every new launch there is a small spike in sales of cars from same manufacturer due to people coming for one car and buying some other car from same manufacturer.

Sad to see verna loitering in the other end of the spectrum. It's not a bad car and it is equipped with goodies and whistles. Hyundai is pushing it even harder with all the discounts. I wonder why it isn't selling much. Or is it because Hyundai is not going a little further because they are focussed on Creta launch

Sunny is not a bad car but Nissan cutting its various features when they launched 2015 car is affecting them badly

I'm not surprised by Dzire at all as now the main buy for taxis is Dzire tour. That is why it is doing numbers. Tell me how many non commercial DZire were sold and that would tell the real picture

Last edited by geeash : 17th July 2015 at 19:48.
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:22   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Sunny is not a bad car but Nissan cutting its various features when they launched 2015 car is affecting them badly
The design itself is a nonsense. I haven't seen such an idiot-looking sedan in the C-segment (ofcourse, except Scala!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I'm not surprised by Dzire at all as now the main buy for taxis is Dzire tour. That is why it is doing numbers. Tell me how many non commercial DZire were sold and that would tell the real picture
Source: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/pressrelease.aspx

2893 DZire tours in June 2015. So, the private DZires are still a good 18K!

Whatever we say to trounce the DZire success, its is a fact that people are loving its maneuverability and practicality in urban and rural conditions.
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The design itself is a nonsense. I haven't seen such an idiot-looking sedan in the C-segment (ofcourse, except Scala!).

The Dzire Tour cars are not the only ones that are used commercially. The sub 4m Dzire is also very popular in the taxi segment. I'm sure a large chunk of the Dzires sold are taxis.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
The Dzire Tour cars are not the only ones that are used commercially. The sub 4m Dzire is also very popular in the taxi segment. I'm sure a large chunk of the Dzires sold are taxis.
Almost every compact sedan car is a taxi somewhere in the country. The Amaze, the Classic, Verito etc except for maybe Xcent, even the Zest was reported to be seen in yellow board by a few members.

The car is selling in loads. People are liking it and buying it. So be it the taxi segment or private segment, Dzire seems to tick the right boxes for many people as evident from the sales figures.

The point is that the competition have to try harder
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I think Tata should focus on those private customers, who are least interested in design, cosmetic features and electronic wizardry; but focus more on mechanical reliability, low cost of maintenance and fuss free ownership. I opine that the number of these kind of customers will grow over the years.
Are you sure the private customers are least interested in design, electronics and cosmetic features?

Zest scores on low cost of maintenance and offers peace of mind ownership, thanks to the renewed focus on customer and A.S.S by Tata.

Zest is not a flop, in my personal opinion. It is settling at 2K units per month and it's a decent start, rather a restart by Tata in their quest to win back customers.
balajisv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:16   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Almost every compact sedan car is a taxi somewhere in the country. The Amaze, the Classic, Verito etc except for maybe Xcent, even the Zest was reported to be seen in yellow board by a few members.
Even the xcent is making an appearance as a taxi. I have seen a few here in Bangalore. Once When I booked an uber cab, an xcent turned up.Started chatting with the driver. As per him there is one dealer here allowing xcent to be registered as a taxi. He was planning to buy an Etios, but switched to the xcent after hearing good things from another driver.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a few topsy turvys --- the Dzire reaches no. 1, the Scorpio and the XUV 500 are towards the periphery of the Top 20 list and the Bolero lugs on, irrespective,,unmindful and oblivious of the hi-tech cars and UV's, more than one generation newer than the Old Lady from Apollo Bunder or is it Kandivili or Igatpuri?

While most of the car makers are either doing too well or even well to sustain themselves, months may come and months may go but there's no northward movement with HM Mitsubishi, Fiat and Skoda who are going nowhere.

Worst of all, Tata Motors that wore a crown once upon a time with the Indica and Indigo plus Safari as the third largest car maker in India, has slipped and faltered.

Skoda, HM- Mitsubishi and Fiat (since the start of the new millennium) were never better off and have not seen very good days, but Tata has been ousted from its third position into oblivion.

It greatly hurts our Indian pride and only Mahindra seems to be carefully guarding its fort, giving we Indians reasons to be proud of, despite the few recent setbacks with its ill-selected niche launches. However they took one good decision, not to do away with the Scorpio after the XUV 500 launch in Sept 2011, like Toyota did culling the Qualis when the Innova was launched in 2005.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 17th July 2015 at 21:37.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:57   #41
BHPian

Maruti,Hyundai,Honda: You have emerged as the 'top gun' in the auto industry.
Maruti can sell 'anything'. I repeat 'anything'. Honda has come of age.

Mahindra,Toyota: Still going strong in the UV/SUV segment as well as smaller cars. Not surprised.

Ford,Chevrolet,Fiat: I feel bad for your products. With the ability you have to dish out extremely 'potent' vehicles, all your effort (or rather abstention) is making you go down the drain. Seems you are not interested at all.

Tata: I really like the bolt/zest. Would like to see them in better numbers.

Renault,Nissan,Volkswagen,Skoda: All the best !
dreamliner17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 22:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Whatever we say to trounce the DZire success, its is a fact that people are loving its maneuverability and practicality in urban and rural conditions.

That's very misleading as I have seen many dzires too registered commercially for taxis. As a matter of fact in chennai 99 % the government owned airport taxis are Dzires. They get a black dzire and paint the roof yellow and ply their trade. And MSIL allows Dzires also to be commercially registered unlike Hyundai Xcent. Do u have any statistics which says how many dzires and dzire tours were commercially registered and how many are privately owned in June?
Old 17th July 2015, 23:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Maruti has also created confidence in the mind of public by supplying its genuine spares in open market. So, you can always go to your FNG and get it repaired at reasonable prices. On the contrary, most of other brands have monopolised their spare and service and the buyer is always at the mercy of the dealer who is free to inflate service bills. Also, the spares of many brands are thoroughly overpriced ( e.g INR 5K for a fog lamp of Vento. Does not even come close to a INR 2.5K foglamp by Hella).

The feeling of be at the mercy of dealer and be able to do nothing about it keeps folks like me closer to Maruti/Tata/Mahindra.
I absolutely agree with you. VW parts are very costly and an average middle class person like me feels the pinch badly. The result: I disposed off my 2 year old Polo due to high running costs and monopolistic behaviour by their sole dealership in Guwahati.
Its the running costs of a vehicle and the After sales service that actually proves the customer friendliness of any automobile company not the ex-showroom prices and discounts and Maruti and Toyota trumps others in these aspects which translates into desirability and finally sales.
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 23:07   #44

If Zest can maintain these figures for another 6 months or so, people will see more of these on roads. This may help Tata in building up some confidence among the buyers, which will eventually boost up Zest sales. Zest is a wonderful product, which deserves much more than the current numbers reflect.
Maninder Anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 00:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

For the Zest to win the competition perception of people towards Tata should change. Though the Zest is an extremely competent vehicle, the treatment of private customers like taxi drivers by Tata after sales ruin the whole experience.

My neighbour who has a Zest says that if he goes with 10 complaints to Tata, they fix just 5 and in addition due to poor skills, create 2 more problems and send back the vehicle. For the perception to change, attitude of Tata should change. They should stop treating Zest and Bolt owners like indicab owners

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2015 at 16:20.
geeash is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks