Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:52   #106
BHPian

Re: June 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik Chavan View Post
I see a huge problem here for Tata Motors. Their taxi segment is being slowly dominated by the likes of Maruti Dzire and Toyota Etios (Reason the Dzire seems to be doing insane sales numbers can be attributed to the fact that Uber has financing options for its drivers for buying Dzires as taxis).
Even Tata Motors wants to remove their taxi image. But is it nailing its own coffin, only time will tell.

Regards,
Ameya

Last edited by turbospooler : 22nd July 2015 at 16:20.
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

Sales of force one

http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-d...CB9_172129.pdf

sold 603 units in domestic market.

They update it every month. Why not add it to the monthly sales analysis .
devarshi84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 05:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just look at Ertiga vs Mobilio!! The Honda MUV is barely doing 1000-1500 cars per month and the Ertiga is four times that! Honda has paid heavily for pricing the Mobilio premium. People know what's a "Made for India Honda" finally
The Ertiga is much more VFM than the Mobilio. Firstly, Mobilio looks are subjective, and Honda has managed to make it even tinnier than the Marutis. And to Top it off, they have priced the RS version pretty close to the VX Innova!! seriously Honda ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Your experience with Tata sales is very similar to mine. In 2007 bought an indigo GLS from concorde motors in diary circle. The sales people could have been more polite. Finally there was one Ms Sangeetha who called me after a week, followed up, helped with a lot of stuff, introduced me to the service head and that made my mind change.
However you experience in Honda is different to mine.
Did you go to Whitefield or Dakshin honda? I would suggest Dakshin in Lavelle road had a good sales (in 2012) and after sales experience. There is a guy (forgot his name but he drives a 2001 Maruti Esteem ) who is incharge of customer experience and does a good job in negotiating and providing accessories.

@ampere - per my experience, find the TATA customer reach sinusoidal. in some cities/showrooms they are great, while in others they are pathetic. Do you think it could do with the guys who run those particular showroom?
Yup, I went to Whitefield Honda, I live pretty close to them.

Almost finalized on a Swift, but the test drive vehicle with hardly 16K kms on the odo felt so battered and beat up. It actually felt flimsier than my flimsy Liva! The Only car I felt happy driving in, was the Punto Evo, so without pondering too much about the Companies success went ahead and booked it.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 07:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
The "Herd Mentality" that everyone keeps talking about here w.r.t Maruti users, is just a survival instinct born out of insecurity. The insecurity in this particular scenario is the weak (almost non-existent) consumer protection framework in our country.
If you try any new offering in the market and face some problem, only God can help you. The manufacturer, customer care, dealers don't even give a damn after the sales is done. And not just for small cars, even for Audi/BMW/Jaguar segment, the treatment is same.
We cannot compare the Indian scenario with foreign one because in most countries the system works to protect the consumer, so you feel confident to try new products.

So, the Indian buyer prefers to stick with the herd rather than bet on a new product which might be superior.
Good point. Although controversial, I'd like to make another point.

The staff/owners of Maruti dealerships have a different perspective towards car ownership than other perceived 'premium brands'.

The Middle Class Indian is very prudent about money and a car is a very large purchase for him /her. We expect more value for money and expect things to last in our local environment and be reliable.

Only Toyota stresses on Service /reliability /customer service and incorporates them into their design .But they charge a large premium for it.

The other brands' dealerships need to spend time and work hard to deserve loyalty and premium.

But all I see is short sightedness for padding the bottom line.

When a local electrician/plumber/carpenter /salesman in suburban/rural India makes a mistake, or there's a problem with the service /product, the service is prompt and resolution satisfactory to protect their business and reputation.

The counterpoint could be that Maruti dealerships have the volume to be nice to their targeted buyer.
But then its a vicious circle. Investments in time and money have to be made to change perception.

Like Maruti is doing with the NEXA brand for going upmarket.

Last edited by ampere : 28th July 2015 at 09:28. Reason: Posts merged
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 11:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Sales of force one

http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-d...CB9_172129.pdf

sold 603 units in domestic market.

They update it every month. Why not add it to the monthly sales analysis .
These 603 units would mainly be Trax (passenger), or rather we should say 603 units would include a few Force One as well.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:07   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Major automakers have a good month in July

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle7489753.ece

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki said its domestic sales increased by 22.5 per cent last month to 1,10,405 units, from 90,093 units in July last year.
Quote:
Hyundai Motor India saw its domestic sales growing by 24.7 per cent at 36,500 units last month as compared with 29,275 units in July 2014 riding on newly launched SUV Creta, i20 Active and Elite i20 models.
Quote:
Homegrown Tata Motors saw its passenger cars sales in July, 2015 rising by 27.1 per cent at 8,520 units as compared to 6,703 units in July 2014. However, it reported 1.32 per cent increase in its total sales at 40,154 units in July as compared to 39,629 units in the same month last year
Quote:
Honda Cars India also reported 18.44 per cent increase in domestic sales at 18,606 units in July as against 15,709 units in the same month in the previous year.
Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor sold 12,070 units in the domestic market in July 2015 as compared to 11,921 units, up 1.24 per cent.
Quote:
Utility vehicles major Mahindra & Mahindra, however, saw its domestic sales down by 6 per cent to 31,087 units last month as against 33,047 units in the same month of last year.
Quote:
German carmaker Volkswagen has reported a 18.2 per cent increase in sales in India at 4,029 units for July this year. The company had sold 3,409 units in the same month last year. “With encouraging customer response to recently launched New Vento, we are happy to announce that our sales have gone up by 18 per cent in July 2015, on a year-on-year basis,” Volkswagen Group Sales India Director (passenger cars) Michael Mayer said in a statement.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:31   #112
Senior - BHPian

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...e-tour-2110061

"The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today reported 20.1% rise in total sales in July at 1,21,712 units. It had dols 1,01,380 cars in July 2014.

The company said its domestic sales increased 22.5% last month to 1,10,405 units, as against 90,093 units a in July last year.

Sales of mini segment cars, including Alto and WagonR, increased 31.3% to 37,752 units compared with 28,759 units in the year-ago period, MSI said in a statement.

Sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz, Dzire rose 13.9% to 48,381 units in July this year as against 42,491 units last year.

MSI said compact sedan Dzire Tour stood out as sales rose by over two-fold during the month under review to 3,370 units as against 1,299 in July 2014.

The sales of company's mid-sized sedan Ciaz, which was launched in October 2014, stood at 2,099 units. The company had sold 233 units of SX4 sedan in July 2014. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.

Utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, saw a sales growth of 22.8% at 6,916 units in July this year, from 5,631 units in the corresponding month last year.

Sales of vans -- Omni and Eeco -- rose 1.8% to 11,887 units in July this year as against 11,680 units in the same period of the previous year.

Exports during the month rose marginally to 11,307 units compared with 11,287 units in July last year, MSI said.
"

The biggest surprise for me is the Ciaz down to a mere 2K units.
The Ciaz is not a game changer but it's a good package overall. Is it going the SX4 way?

My guess is that compact SUV/crossover segment is eating up the C/C+ segment....the City is also down from the usual 7K to 5K.. the launch of the Creta has a lot to do with the drop in numbers for the Ciaz and the City.

Question to the Mods - does the Dzire sales number in your report also include the Dzire Tour?

I am guessing the Celerio diesel is getting a pretty decent response. Hope we get the monthly sales thread soon!

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd August 2015 at 23:35.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks