Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 13:44   #31
BHPian

re: Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
BTW is it Egea or Aegea ?
Aegea was the concept's name. Egea / Tipo are the production version names, as far as I know.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 14:02   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
BTW is it Egea or Aegea ?
Taking a slight trip down languages: the classical name with its root in Greek is Ęgea, with its origins in the word Ęgean. In modern use Ęgea is often written as Aegea, and in modern Italian it is often written as Egea itself.

If you look at Fiat's website for the Egea in Turkey you'll notice that the domain itself spells out the full "Aegea" whereas the content refers to the car as the "Egea".

Personally, I love the classical connotations of the name "Aegea/Ęgea".

Here are some stunning exterior/interior shots of the Egea from the Turkey site http://aegea.fiat.com.tr/:
It looks stunning in red:
Name:  fiategea01.png
Views: 5724
Size:  753.2 KBName:  fiategea02.png
Views: 5668
Size:  837.3 KB
And subdued but classy in gray/silver:
Name:  fiategea03.png
Views: 5465
Size:  793.7 KB

Interiors:
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-fiategea10.png
Name:  fiategea12.png
Views: 5755
Size:  577.7 KB
Name:  fiategea14.png
Views: 5315
Size:  677.7 KB
Two interior options - beige and black:
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-fiategea15.png
Name:  fiategea16.png
Views: 5109
Size:  604.1 KB
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed info.

The meaning of the word seems to be 'of the origin of the Aegean (Sea)' or 'Shield' just for the info.

Car surely looks stunning in Red.

I haven't seen more innovative idea than this to show the luggage carrying capacity.

Immediately reminded me of Chevy U-VA Ad featuring Saif Ali Khan where he offers lift to entire football team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Taking a slight trip down languages: the classical name with its root in Greek is Ęgea, with its origins in the word Ęgean

Last edited by carwatcher : 29th October 2015 at 16:30.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 09:57   #34
BHPian

Do we have any updates on when the Aegea is hitting Indian shores and at what price point? Thanks, mates.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:29   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Do we have any updates on when the Aegea is hitting Indian shores and at what price point? Thanks, mates.
Egea as called in Turkey and Tipo for the rest of the world is just launched in Europe with pricing for Italy revealed.

As far as India is concerned, reports indicate if it ever launches it will be not earlier than 2017.

Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-capture.jpg

Quote:
In Italy the Tipo retails from €14,500 (about $15,365), which makes it only €900 more expensive than the base 500. Considering that the 500 retails from €12,250 in Germany, the Tipo should start from around €13,050 in that country. In the U.K., the sedan could fetch around £11,610 (around $17,465) in base trim.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fiat/20...-ar171572.html
Old 30th November 2015, 12:16   #36
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The rear lights resemble that of the new Civic. The interiors I feel are a bit too funky and reminds me a bit of the Fiat 500.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Guess I must go with the Linea then . . .Sigh! I wonder why Fiat is taking its time, even as it talks of getting the Wrangler and Cherokee in?
Old 30th November 2015, 12:31   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess I must go with the Linea then . . .Sigh! I wonder why Fiat is taking its time, even as it talks of getting the Wrangler and Cherokee in?
The reason for additional time may be due to the fact that the right hand drive version of the car is not developed yet. So the lead time of 1 years seems ok considering that the RHD is developed, tested and then the car homologated here in India. All this is ideal assuming Fiat works at a lightening pace which they aren't know for.

If you are ok to go with a car at the end of its Life cycle, then get the Linea home.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The reason for additional time may be due to the fact that the right hand drive version of the car is not developed yet. So the lead time of 1 years seems ok considering that the RHD is developed, tested and then the car homologated here in India. All this is ideal assuming Fiat works at a lightening pace which they aren't know for.

If you are ok to go with a car at the end of its Life cycle, then get the Linea home.
Thank you--makes sense. I am going to be in the market in the Jan-March period. Another worry is the quality of ASS. I am not sure how good Fiat dealership is in Gurgaon. My father's Premier Padmini, poor girl, had to be put to sleep after much tinkering and costs. (My present expreience with Skoda for the Fabia shows that good ASS is required for peace of mind and easy maintenance.) I do want to buy this car thought, likely the T-Jet!
Old 30th November 2015, 13:35   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you--makes sense. I am going to be in the market in the Jan-March period. Another worry is the quality of ASS. I am not sure how good Fiat dealership is in Gurgaon. My father's Premier Padmini, poor girl, had to be put to sleep after much tinkering and costs. (My present expreience with Skoda for the Fabia shows that good ASS is required for peace of mind and easy maintenance.) I do want to buy this car thought, likely the T-Jet!
There are two service centers in Gurgaon and are always looking to serve their
customers. I drive 6 and 3/4 years old linea and trust me had no problem of getting car serviced or of any part that needed to be changed, last time needed to change sun visor's small hook where it rest and they did it, why I am telling you this is because it's very small part but they had it.
Service charges and parts are very reasonable too even compared to Maruti.
jacksons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 10:10   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat to get All-New Sedan (X6S) to India ? The Sedan and New Punto (X6H) could phase out the Linea and Punto in India -2017

The Fiat X6S is reported to be the South American-spec Fiat Tipo, which is currently manufactured only in Turkey and announced for sale in EMEA markets (Europe, Middle East and Africa). It will be built alongside the Fiat X6H, which is reported to be the next generation 2016 Fiat Punto that is currently undergoing tests.

The company seem to be evaluating this all-new sedan, codenamed X6S, to India in 2017.

Quote:
The X6S will be based on the X6H hatchback, which has been spotted testing a few times. These cars will be underpinned by a new hybrid platform that is derived from the 326 (Palio) platform and has been heavily modified and also stretched. The X6H is slated to be the replacement for the Punto internationally. It will have a slightly longer wheelbase as compared to the current Punto and a sedan version of the same is also in the pipeline.
Quote:
The X6S will commence production in Argentina in 2016 and Fiat is said to have invested $650 million for production of this car. This new sedan will replace the Grand Siena in South America and is being planned as a replacement to the Linea, in India. The X6s will come with a range of engines. In South American markets it will have the brand new 1.4-litre all aluminum engine that will produce around 100bhp of power. It will also have the E-torque petrol engine.

http://motoroctane.com/news/22295-fi...ndia-exclusive

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th December 2015 at 10:38.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Tipo to be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo - India plans could be revealed at the Auto Expo.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...expo-17499.htm
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 18:25   #43
BHPian

The car looks awesome! But hopefully they will not call it Tipo here. Aegea is a nice name for that car.
Old 6th April 2016, 21:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat confirms production of new sedan (X6S) that will substitute for Siena and Linea for Latin America. This will have no resemblance to the European Tipo/Aegea sedan.

To launch in Q1- 2017.

Quote:
Under the hood, are expected the new engine 1.4 GSE with around 100 HP

No plans announced yet on the replacement for Linea in India.

http://carplace.uol.com.br/fiat-conf...-na-argentina/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat confirms production of new sedan (X6S) that will substitute for Siena and Linea for Latin America.

To launch in Q1- 2017.

No plans announced yet on the replacement for Linea in India.
I would be really surprised if Fiat India brings the Tipo to India or the Fiat Novo Palio to India, if not a product launch most needed now is a dealership in Mumbai and reliable service.

To push it more, when do we get to see the 1.6 engine in tjet linea and punto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks