Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe facelift launched at Rs. 8.03 lakh

Nobody else noticed, the Red color is now proper red, not Maroon red. Mahindra should have offered Jawa Brown as an option.
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nobody else noticed, the Red color is now proper red, not Maroon red. Mahindra should have offered Jawa Brown as an option.
It has been like that since a few months now.
Brown should have been in the line up indeed.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:07   #33
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Well, I did mention that a while ago Anshuman.. It is a new colour now- Red Rage as compared to the earlier Toreodor Red and must say, this colour looks way better on the Thar
udy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 02:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some wise guy wished and then developed a 4WD vehicle by his heart, he wanted to give to us Indians the feel of a JEEP.

We should be thankful and lucky to have such people with dreams and then turning those dreams into reality, all for the 4WD enthusiasts.

Thar has turned into such a success, unimaginable by the marketing "MBAs" that they are slowly turning it into a SUV with bits and pieces of luxury creeping in.

The wise man was last seen driving the V521.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 05:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Some wise guy wished and then developed a 4WD vehicle by his heart, he wanted to give to us Indians the feel of a JEEP.unimaginable by the marketing "MBAs" that they are slowly turning it into a SUV with bits and pieces of luxury creeping in.
True to the very last letter. A true jeeper gave us a simple Jeep with character. The bloody unimaginable fools at Mahindra, in his absence, has turned it to a bling vehicle, proper to be driven by ladies to clubs. Thar is lost forever
Ashley Nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 06:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

A cousin of mine is booking the Thar in a day or two. He wanted to buy one since a year back but it was me who held him up saying that something better is on the anvil. When I first saw the images of the Thar facelift, I was shocked and felt bad for making him wait for this. Fortunately, he quite likes what Mahindra did to the Thar's interiors and isn't minding the bumper and wheel arch extensions. Lucky me, I would've been flamed if not!
Old 24th July 2015, 08:20   #37
AWD
BHPian

See a vehicle has to go through constant developments & improvements, at times minor nip & tucks for the market demands. Confirming to that & as said by members in the past, the bumpers job were a CMVR requirement. The same can be taken off also. Then the interiors have moved forward for sure. So have they added features like front windshield demistier on demand of consumers.

Other additions like, comfier seats, new steering, lockable glove box, etc. are all welcome additions. While the only bad thing has been the big price bump. Therefore the new Thar team has done some +ve work, but the sales/marketing team have done their deed too!
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
See a vehicle has to go through constant developments & improvements, at times minor nip & tucks for the market demands. Confirming to that & as said by members in the past, the bumpers job were a CMVR requirement.
As the THAR is primarily used on roads, where are the airbags?

I don't get it. While I don't mind the interiors, which may serve well for a daily driver, I think they should have at least have airbags and preferably, ABS, as well.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Confirming to that & as said by members in the past, the bumpers job were a CMVR requirement. The same can be taken off also.

But there is no denying the fact that Mahindra could have done a much better job of integrating a plastic front bumper. This looks crude. And look at that gap between the bumper and front fender extensions. In this day and age, with all the lessons learnt from the XUV500, this is not what I would expect from Mahindra. And, the interiors have gotten better, no doubt. But where are the safety features? Forget airbags, what about ABS? Having said all that, the Thar facelift's looks is already growing on me and that's the vehicle's biggest advantage.

Last edited by arvi86 : 24th July 2015 at 10:08.
Old 24th July 2015, 10:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Why this message on FB page?

Is it sarcasm or being funny?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra Thar Facelift : A Close Look-image.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:15   #41
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post

Can anyone confirm if the off-centre steering has been corrected ?
Yes I believe. This is what Autocar India reports:
Quote:
Also, the position of the steering wheel has been changed. It’s now moved further right, unlike the earlier car which had a slightly left-set wheel. The new steering feels better to hold and the slight shift in position helps the ergonomics as well.
Source: Autocar India
//M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
True to the very last letter. A true jeeper gave us a simple Jeep with character. The bloody unimaginable fools at Mahindra, in his absence, has turned it to a bling vehicle, proper to be driven by ladies to clubs. Thar is lost forever
while you maybe (like many) be disappointed by the new Thar upgrade. i think thats a fairly sexist statement to make about ladies driving to the club. there must be a better analogy to describe the vehicle.
Ksingh544 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:29   #43
BHPian

Have always wondered how much it takes to improve the interiors of any vehicle; be it the Etios, Duster or the Thar. Now If Thar can be considerably improved along with other changes within a 50K budget, wonder what stops others from doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Well, hardcore Jeepers can modify it backwards and get the Jeep they desire, while the others get the bling machine they desire. Everyone wins
Old 24th July 2015, 11:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

I probably differ from most of the others who thinks that the Thar facelift is not great.

I loved the bumper cladding and ceratnly feel it gives a butch look to the Mahindra vehicle.

Additionally, also loved the interiors and especially the speedo console(it sort of resembles the Jeep console, complete with a blue tinge back light).
Special thumbs up to M&M for retaining the very important temperature gauge.

The console not only looks neat but is functional at the same time.
Overall, loved what I saw and would rate it a good 8.5/10 for the efforts taken.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:24   #45

Well aside from the bumper claddings, I pretty much like all the changes to the Thar. We've been holding out on buying it since I heard about the facelift coming. And the off centre steering being corrected is the only thing I didn't like about the pre-facelift Thar. Plus those bumpers can be easily changed ofcourse

Hopefully we'll get it booked next month

About the price, Koncept Noida quoted about ₹ 8.7 L on road for the old one, they shouldn't have increased the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks