Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 15:42   #196
BHPian

Rs.8-9 Lakh Ex Showroom?Who said?That is not true.The other day one researcher from ORG-MARG apponited by MUL took my feedback with an extensive questionnaire (including psychometric analysis)with a photograph of YY4.He informed me the price will be Rs.6.5 to 7.5 Lakhs accross the vaients Ex.showroom Delhi.I am sure MUL will price it very smartly this time(unlike OMB pricing fiasco where they had to come down on pricing).The guy also informed me that the survey is on national level.Let us wait and watch.
Old 26th December 2006, 15:47   #197
Team-BHP Support

according to me. a camry, an accord, a superb which are reasonably big can be called premium sedans. they definitely cant call a corolla a premium sedan.
Old 26th December 2006, 19:35   #198
BHPian

It'll be more a VFM car than premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Luxury car buyers are very brand conscious, or image conscious. Why buy a 10 lakh maruti car when there is a 2 lakh maruti? All major car manufacturers recognise this fact, therefore maintain a separate luxury car divisions like Acura, Lexus, Audi, Infinity, Lincoln, Cadillac. They even make sure Acura & Honda or Toyota & Lexus doesn't sell from the same showroom or serviced at same service center.

For example, a fully loaded Passat is more expensive than Audi A4, but A4 gets you more respect than Passat because of branding.

If Maruti wants to address Luxury car buyers, they better start a new car division and build a luxury car brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debasischatterj View Post
Rs.8-9 Lakh Ex Showroom?Who said?That is not true.The other day one researcher from ORG-MARG apponited by MUL took my feedback with an extensive questionnaire (including psychometric analysis)with a photograph of YY4.He informed me the price will be Rs.6.5 to 7.5 Lakhs accross the vaients Ex.showroom Delhi.I am sure MUL will price it very smartly this time(unlike OMB pricing fiasco where they had to come down on pricing).The guy also informed me that the survey is on national level.Let us wait and watch.
Just because thie guy sells at 8-9 L does not make it a premium sedan. Wont it be a good option for mid-size car buyers if it comes with ABS, Airbags, Alloys and some decent interior. We are still looking at VFM, me thinks premium buyers definitely go a little bit beyond VFM.

With a better/ bigger engine and all the above said safety equipment (hopefully Maruti adds them), it will be worth naming it some thing else than "Baleno". It will definitely be a good mid-size car that can give others a run for their money.

As a matter of fact, there do not seem to be many cars that offer ABS & Airbags even in mid-size. Please correct me if I am wrong, I saw only: Aveo 1.6LT, one model of Cedia, a couple of swift models, some Camrys and corolla's offering these safety features (Reference indiacar.com). I am hoping at least one or two models in new Baleno (or whatever name it'll be) will have these options.
Old 26th December 2006, 19:39   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Just because thie guy sells at 8-9 L does not make it a premium sedan. Wont it be a good option for mid-size car buyers if it comes with ABS, Airbags, Alloys and some decent interior. We are still looking at VFM, me thinks premium buyers definitely go a little bit beyond VFM.
Trust me, anybody buying a car above 8L is also thinking about image. And Maruti does not give you image.
Old 27th December 2006, 10:22   #200
BHPian

[quote=Tech;335702] Although Suzuki was mentioned as World No 3, it's Indian counterpart has to make that reputation.
QUOTE]
You meant Japan's No. 3, isn't it? And they are probably No. 1(in the world) in small car segment.
Old 27th December 2006, 11:38   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
according to me. a camry, an accord, a superb which are reasonably big can be called premium sedans. they definitely cant call a corolla a premium sedan.
It depends

I think its relative to the market (country) you are in. If you can get a sedan for 4L, then a 10L one could possibly be considered premium..

Strictly speaking even Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc arent to be referred to as premuim.. Coz there is Acura, Lexus, Infiniti etc..

Last edited by Equus : 27th December 2006 at 11:42.
Old 27th December 2006, 20:18   #202
Team-BHP Support

The baleno pics on the cover story of autocarindia sure looks good...

I am willing to put my money on the baleno (If i could ), the model sure looks like another winner from Maruti...
Old 27th December 2006, 21:34   #203
BHPian

Doesn't it seem a little tall compared to the current baleno!? The styling is really good though! But, the current "understated" baleno still has a distinct charm (...not many would agree!)
Old 27th December 2006, 21:46   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil View Post
Doesn't it seem a little tall compared to the current baleno!? The styling is really good though! But, the current "understated" baleno still has a distinct charm (...not many would agree!)
it dosent look very tall. but i agree about the charm..
Old 27th December 2006, 23:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Sweet interiors man!!!
When is it coming? Is it worth waiting for the diesel powerhouse from the MARUTI-FIAT combine or can we call the VERNA a winner in the current context?
The interiors are straight out of Swift if you remove the Stereo which I think wont be given in the Indian model....
Old 28th December 2006, 01:25   #206
Senior - BHPian

I will pay 10 lakhs for the New baleno with a 2litre engine and All-wheel drive!!
Old 28th December 2006, 10:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I will pay 10 lakhs for the New baleno with a 2litre engine and All-wheel drive!!
You just saved 10 Lakhs!! All wheel drive 2L Baleno may never set its foot on Indian soil
Old 28th December 2006, 12:06   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
The interiors are straight out of Swift if you remove the Stereo which I think wont be given in the Indian model....
it wont. thats what they said in autocar.
Old 28th December 2006, 12:33   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
by maruti ?? not in this millenium !

Most Viewed