Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2006, 20:19   #61
BHPian

I meant the same thing and like the current Baleno better. The OB is going to be another OHC. Which is why I mentioned earlier, where are today's cars heading to? If Maruti jazzes up the current Baleno keepings its proportions the same, but at the same time making it a look like a power house, raring to go, changes the back and puts jewelled lights as well as makes it more up market by adding touches of chrome on the outside to give it a gleaming classy look, and at the same time makes the internals like .... er .... pardon me ... somewhat like the Civic or even like the SX4 then the New Baleno is going to rock the Indian markets, because Maruti's network and after sales support and customer satisfaction is the best. Today's customer wants good looks, up market touch, confort, safety, performance and last but not the least Fuel Economy. Suzuki has proved that if it wants it can really make cars look hot, like the Swift, so a more hotter Baleno will add up to its successful current product lists.
Old 17th September 2006, 20:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Maybe there is something wrong in pic.. Any car make wont do that kind of mistake.. not even a newbie in motoring....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Well i hope this happens... but really yaar looking at the gap in the bonnet part i really hope that is some abberation... other wise IMO maruti would do better by going back to the drawing board...
Old 17th September 2006, 21:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
Today's customer wants good looks, up market touch, confort, safety, performance and last but not the least Fuel Economy.
Hehe whats left my friend????!!!!
Old 18th September 2006, 10:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
If Maruti jazzes up the current Baleno keepings its proportions the same, but at the same time making it a look like a power house, raring to go, changes the back and puts jewelled lights as well as makes it more up market by adding touches of chrome on the outside to give it a gleaming classy look, and at the same time makes the internals like .... er .... pardon me ... somewhat like the Civic or even like the SX4 then the New Baleno is going to rock the Indian markets
I agree. The so-called SX-4 Baleno has just gone the NHC/Fiesta/Aveo way as far as looks are concerned. And that in no way can be a compliment. All MUL needs to do is change the rear, spruce up the interior etc and I am sure it has a winner on its hands. Maybe not in the NHC league as far as sales go, but atleast a contender for the 2nd place.

BTW, I think the new Baleno sucks as far as looks go. More so, when Tech put it into perspective, by putting the pictures of both side-by-side. I am happy I bought the old one.
Old 18th September 2006, 10:23   #65
BHPian

Hey ... I have also heard that maruti suzuki is going to bring in 'Liana' as the new esteem...
Old 18th September 2006, 10:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Actually, what I read here was that Liana is to positioned alongside Fiesta, NHC etc (above Baleno). For a company that has phased out only 1 car (Zen) in 23 years of existence and is not known for introducing new models like the competition, these SX4, Liana rumours are too much, ain't it ? But then, who knows ? Maybe MUL has decided to do things differently. Only time will tell.
Old 18th September 2006, 11:19   #67
BHPian

Which is true ?

According to ET, a diesel baleno is supposed to come out mid 2007.
How come Maruti would do that when they have a new Baleno ready for
release ? Are they bringing out the new Baleno in its diesel version
also ? Just curious.
Old 18th September 2006, 11:47   #68
BHPian

The panel gap seems very prominent on the sedan pictures on the ACI website. I find something similar(not as bad) on the production version of the SX4.

Check the following link -
http://www.newsuzukisx4.co.uk/

I personally feel the SX4 hatch looks better than the sedan version. Just like the Tata Indigo(vs Indica) and the Honda City(vs Jazz), the SX4 sedan doesn't seem to be a pre-planned design. Would be nice if MUL also launched the hatch version in India - atleast sometime in the future considering it would be an expensive hatch.

I'd also like to see the 1.9 JTD on the sedan ...
Old 18th September 2006, 11:49   #69
NIP
Senior - BHPian

for a country where qualis', sumos, indiacas etc. sell, i think this car looks pretty good. coming from the suzuki stables, i'm sure it will have killer interiors and will be unbeatable value-for-money if priced right. maruti will not be lookin at a bunch of 'pappas black money' kids who want to soup/ICE the car or see how it performs in the WRC....they will want it to sell like hot cakes in the market and i think they have a winner here. and i dont think theres any need to lose your shirts over a couple of silly pictures. and comparing it with the current baleno, i think theres no comparison. just like the new honda city departed from the old one, evolution and market demand has given birth to this new baleno. i used to hate the way the ford fiesta looked in early pictures, but its a different story on the road. same with the aveo, it has decent road presence. personally, compared to the fiesta, aveo and honda city, the new baleno is a real looker ! we'll have to wait and see it on the road. if maruti manages to plonk a deisel thats better than the much awaited diesel verna, it will further strengthen their stronghold on the car market in india.
Old 18th September 2006, 22:18   #70
BHPian

Hope Maruti names this yuck anything but Baleno... There can be only one Baleno... and he's a Lipizzaner!
Old 19th September 2006, 10:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Amen to that, msprabhakar.
Old 19th September 2006, 10:39   #72
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tech, excellent pictures.
The new Baleno, does looks umimaginably ugly.

ess_a, msprabhakar and supremeBaleno, I agree with you, the old Baleno is
so pleasing to the eye,
to the wallet and
to someone (like us) with a need for speed!

In the UK the Suzuki Baleno GSR came with a Mazda BP 1839 cc, twin cam 16-valve DOHC engine that put out 121 BHP and 153 Newton-metre of torque.
(click on images to see larger pic)

In Spain, it was called Baleno GLX and came with driver and passenger airbags and ABS.

Check out this video, it has sound too. Love the clatter of the 16-valves.
http://www.clubaleno.co.uk/videos/PGSRRollingRoad.wmv

In the video, they're testing the Baleno for drawing the torque and BHP curves.
They reached a max. speed on that Baleno of 200 km/h (124 mph) at 6280 rpm.

There is still so much that can be done with the existing Baleno.
Maruti Udyog, are you listening?

Ram
Old 19th September 2006, 11:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
There is still so much that can be done with the existing Baleno.
Maruti Udyog, are you listening?
Very true. Spruce up the interiors, redesign the rear (maybe enlist help from many able tbhp-ians like SLK etc), put wider tyres, add airbags in both models and give ABS as option, etc etc.
Old 19th September 2006, 11:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

it is surprising how maruti still haven't come out with a diesel baleno. guess, that is why people are running after fords & chevys.
Old 19th September 2006, 11:20   #75
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
able tbhp-ians like SLK etc)
sorry ... there seems to be some confusion!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks