Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 00:03   #61
BHPian

With the launch of Storme 400 will TM continue with the Storme 320 as well in VX trim or will the VX model be sold as 400 only? Also no matter how good the vehicle is it can only be sold if the dealers attitude is positive and friendly. I had a bad experience at their showroom as their sales team was very arrogant and unfriendly. To me it seemed like that they were least interested in selling a Safari Storme.
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 launched at Rs. 13.25 lakh

Different horses for different courses. If one needs 7 seats then Storme is out of question. If one needs a cruiser for long distances with aircraft grade comfort then there us nothing like the Storme south of 50 lacs.
IMO one should not decide the car bases on gizmos like assist voice, tyre pressure monitoring or rain sensing wipers. These while good to have make no sense on a car which fail to do justice to the comfort and ability expected from a SUV. If the core expectations are met one will always be happy with the purchase , else it always will be a compromise.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Different horses for different courses. If one needs 7 seats then Storme is out of question. If one needs a cruiser for long distances with aircraft grade comfort then there us nothing like the Storme south of 50 lacs.
IMO one should not decide the car bases on gizmos like assist voice, tyre pressure monitoring or rain sensing wipers. These while good to have make no sense on a car which fail to do justice to the comfort and ability expected from a SUV. If the core expectations are met one will always be happy with the purchase , else it always will be a compromise.
However, if one wants gizmos like voice assist and others then they should stay away from Storme. Though most of these gizmos can be retro fitted, they still won't look as good as company fitted plus they will require money over and above the cost of vehicle. Also, one must test drive all available options to decide what fulfills his requirements.
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:54   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
However, if one wants gizmos like voice assist and others then they should stay away from Storme.
Which is what most prospective customers are doing anyway, for a long time now. Staying a-w-a-y..!!

That said, what is the next Tata SUV to look forward to is a question that is still unanswered. The Hexa looks like (and is built on) a modified Aria so is more MUV than SUV and their other projects are either small sedans or mini SUVs.

I really hope they come up with a proper ladder-on-frame 4WD SUV sometime soon.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which is what most prospective customers are doing anyway, for a long time now. Staying a-w-a-y..!!
I think a Varicor 400 owner should feel very proud of the product he is driving.

Compared next to a Pajero sport or a Fortuner, he/she is getting almost everything that these vehicles provide. And in several parameters much more than what these vehicles offer and yet saved 13 lacs! Atleast, Fortuner gives you unparalleled peace of mind ownership for those extra 1.3 million spent.. Pajero Sport is simple caught with its clothes down.

Comparing with XUV 500/Creta is a moot point - each can be an equally good choice.

Varicor 400 has left the Scorpio far behind.

People not buying Storme - well I say the foolishness of the crowd.

Last edited by rrsteer : 22nd December 2015 at 10:58.
rrsteer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:35   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Compared next to a Pajero sport or a Fortuner, he/she is getting almost everything that these vehicles provide. And in several parameters much more than what these vehicles offer and yet saved 13 lacs! Atleast, Fortuner gives you unparalleled peace of mind ownership for those extra 1.3 million spent.. Pajero Sport is simple caught with its clothes down..
Can you please highlight as to in what parameters a Storme is a superior SUV to a Pajero Sport? Or even from a Toyota Fortuner save for a more composed ride of a Safari?

As to why the Storme didn't sell, you may read a bit from here and the prime reason is this
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can you please highlight as to in what parameters a Storme is a superior SUV to a Pajero Sport? Or even from a Toyota Fortuner save for a more composed ride of a Safari?

As to why the Storme didn't sell, you may read a bit from here and the prime reason is this
Sir with all humility, I don't need to check the threads to know why the Storme flopped. I know it well. Search deeper and you will definitely find my posts in the mentioned threads....and they will be unbiased. But I see that you point me to a thread discussing reliability issues with Tata cars. I think this is signal enough for me to know where you are coming from. Much water has flown under the bridge, you may not see or maybe not want to see it, but I truly believe Tata cars are reliable now.

And I put my money where my mouth is. You can search the forum for my ownership thread on the Safari. More recently I have bought a Fortuner, although used. I test drove the Varicor extensively to find exactly what I missed by not waiting for the Varicor. And lastly, it goes without saying while buying the Fortuner, I must have evaluated the Pajero too.

I'd like to put the question back to you in what departments apart from ride, do you think the Pajero is superior to the Varicor?

Last edited by rrsteer : 22nd December 2015 at 20:51.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:51   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'd like to put the question back to you in what departments apart from ride, do you think the Pajero is superior?
Ride - Yes, better.
Handling - Yes, better.
Engine - Yes, better.
Reliability - Seen a broken down Pajero, ever?
Driving experience - Yes, much superior.
Braking - Difference isn't much, but the SFX was better.
4WD & its ability - Yes, better.
Build quality - Do I need to mention?
Headlamp illumination & its effect on night driving - Improved & a better experience
Features - Pajero is expensive, so let us negate that.

Any more parameters to which I may reply? So, where is the Pajero caught with its clothes down?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ride - Yes, better.
Handling - Yes, better.
Engine - Yes, better.
Reliability - Seen a broken down Pajero, ever?
Driving experience - Yes, much superior.
Braking - Difference isn't much, but the SFX was better.
4WD & its ability - Yes, better.
Build quality - Do I need to mention?
Headlamp illumination & its effect on night driving - Improved & a better experience
Features - Pajero is expensive, so let us negate that.

Any more parameters to which I may reply? So, where is the Pajero caught with its clothes down?
Have you driven the Varicor 400?

There is no point in me negating your points as I feel ride and driving experience are subjective. Do drive the Varicor 400.
By the way, I have never seen a Storme stranded too and it maybe a failure but still sells 3 times more than the PS. And reliability is of no use if you have no mfr support. The amounts of PS waiting for parts and stranded with the dealer in Jalandhar is not funny. And yes what is SFX? isn't that the predecessor?
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:14   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you driven the Varicor 400?
No Looking forward to driving it.

Quote:
By the way, I have never seen a Storme stranded too and it maybe a failure but still sells 3 times more than the PS. And reliability is of no use if you have no mfr support. The amounts of PS waiting for parts and stranded with the dealer in Jalandhar is not funny. And yes what is SFX? isn't that the predecessor?
Spares might be an issue as is dealership & service reach, but as a product, I do feel, a Pajero Sport is a superior SUV. Haven't driven the Varicor 400 but save for better drivability, I don't think, any other aspects have changed. Nothing from grounds-up for sure, improved in some areas, yes.

I don't wish to go around in circles as issues & niggles of existing Storme have already been covered in their respective threads & frankly, that is more than enough as is sales & ASC story/stories.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd December 2015 at 21:19.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't wish to go around in circles as issues & niggles of existing Storme have already been covered in their respective threads & frankly, that is more than enough as is sales & ASC story/stories.
I searched extensively for niggles in existing Storme on TBHP and elsewhere. Frankly, I found nothing that is serious or extraordinary and which puts Storme below any of its competitor in terms of reliability. I spoke to couple of Storme owners and they were completely satisfied with ASC too. After considering all these factors I booked the storme.

However, I was advised with all kind of reasoning to stay away from TATA when I spoke to any non Storme owner about my plans.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I searched extensively for niggles in existing Storme on TBHP and elsewhere. Frankly, I found nothing that is serious or extraordinary and which puts Storme below any of its competitor in terms of reliability. I spoke to couple of Storme owners and they were completely satisfied with ASC too. After considering all these factors I booked the storme.

However, I was advised with all kind of reasoning to stay away from TATA when I spoke to any non Storme owner about my plans.
Congrats. Keep us posted on your Storme. I am also waiting for Varicor 400 to arrive at TM. Seriously thinking of replacing my Scorpio with Storme. Though Scorpio has served me well but I am looking for a more comfortable SUV. Storme ticks all the right boxes so far the reviews are concerned. Happy storme riding.
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:12   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Though Scorpio has served me well but I am looking for a more comfortable SUV.
Have you driven the all new Scorpio?
Its ahead of the old Scorpio by leaps and bounds when it comes to ride quality and comfort.
I feel you should try it once before signing the dotted line.
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:21   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Have you driven the all new Scorpio?
Its ahead of the old Scorpio by leaps and bounds when it comes to ride quality and comfort.
I feel you should try it once before signing the dotted line.
Dear N.Devnath,
Yes I have. Though the new Scorpio is better in terms of gadgets and interiors but the cabin space is still the same and that bouncy and bumpy feeling over bad stretches still remains.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Looking forward to driving it.

Spares might be an issue as is dealership & service reach, but as a product, I do feel, a Pajero Sport is a superior SUV.
I don't understand if you haven't driven the Varicor, how can you say only drivability has improved? Maybe even that may not have improved for you?

And good to know that you point issues with service and ASC for Storme but readily overlook it for a vehicle for which it is not just an issue but a massive buying constraint. That is reason enough in my eyes for a vehicle costing 28 lacs OTR to be akin to the emperor with no clothes.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks