Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 15:16   #1111
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Car delivered today morning. brought it home and is in the garage.

Congratulations, you wait is finally over.

Do post some pictures, you must have figured out by now that there is a file size limit of 3MB.
Old 9th April 2016, 15:47   #1112
BHPian

I saw brezza in flesh, on road (gold and white top). I was thoroughly impressed (with exteriors, paint quality) and it's certainly a head-turner. Creta is certainly no where as good a looker as brezza. (my personal opinion).
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 23:04   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has this uncanny ability to bring out cars that achieve clut status and at the same time become terrific commercial hits. It started with the Zen, the Swift took over the mantle. I have a hunch the Brezza is next.

Stepped into the Brezza and I was immediately felt that I had returned to an old friend Perhaps due to the Swift ownership. Started up the car and it moved of with no hesitation. Control were light, much lighter than the Polo's.

The diesel clatter is audible but within no time I got used to that as well. Part throttle acceleration was good. Post the GT ownership, power rarely satisfies. However in the Brezza I not feel that it was such a big difference. Of course it is not where near as fast but in 90% of real life situations the Brezza cannot be termed a slouch.

Howeve, the Brezza seems to have inherited one aspect of the Swift and that is the brakes. The brakes lack bite and the feedback from the pedal is not great.

During my short drive, I did not feel any other particular aspect that irritated me so much to be called out. In short I think it is a great product and the Vdi variant is terrific value for money.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 23:29   #1114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Vdi variant is terrific value for money.

Drive on,
Shibu.
In my opinion ZDi is the best Value for Money variant. VDi gives you nothing other than the basics. ZDi is approximately 90 thousand more and it gives you a lot.
that is the main reason why LDi,VDi bookings are mostly converted to ZDi/ZDi+ now.
Old 10th April 2016, 00:22   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
In my opinion ZDi is the best Value for Money variant. VDi gives you nothing other than the basics. ZDi is approximately 90 thousand more and it gives you a lot.
that is the main reason why LDi,VDi bookings are mostly converted to ZDi/ZDi+ now.
I find ZDI+ value for money compared to ZDI. ZDI+ costs 1 lakh extra and gets touch screen navigation, push button start, reverse camera, power folding ORVM. There are certain basic omissions in ZDI like turn indicators on orvm, height adjustable seat belts, front sliding armrest, 2 tweeters. I know these are not must have features. But other maruti cars gets few of these features in lower variants itself.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 10:00   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In short I think it is a great product and the Vdi variant is terrific value for money.
Quote:
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say that the ZDi is great VFM.

Also wanted to add that I feel the steering itself could have been leather wrapped giving a chunkier feel. The current steering felt very thin.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 10:12   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I find ZDI+ value for money compared to ZDI. ZDI+ costs 1 lakh extra and gets touch screen navigation, push button start, reverse camera, power folding ORVM. There are certain basic omissions in ZDI like turn indicators on orvm, height adjustable seat belts, front sliding armrest, 2 tweeters. I know these are not must have features. But other maruti cars gets few of these features in lower variants itself.
Well, in a way yes. But at a little over 11 lakhs I feel the ZDi+ starts creeping into Creta/S-Cross territory. As a buyer looking primarily for a bit more space, I find myself asking why I should not pay a bit extra and get the top end Creta which is one size bigger and has all these features. And a bigger 1.6 engine as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 10th April 2016, 10:19   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, in a way yes. But at a little over 11 lakhs I feel the ZDi+ starts creeping into Creta/S-Cross territory. As a buyer looking primarily for a bit more space, I find myself asking why I should not pay a bit extra and get the top end Creta which is one size bigger and has all these features. And a bigger 1.6 engine as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.
1.4 CRDI Creta top variant costs around 3 lakhs more than brezza ZDI+. I agree about S cross in 1.3 version. S cross 1.3 Zeta is the most VFM variant. Also 1.3 alpha would cost around 1 lakh more than ZDI+ brezza which is totally worth it.
Cheers!
Old 10th April 2016, 11:08   #1119
BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza has received 40,000 bookings. The production is increased to 1,00,000 units / annum. The lower variants, VDI and VDI (O) have 3 months of waiting period, the top - end variant, ZDI+ has waiting period of 5 months.
Quote:
The Maruti Vitara Brezza compact SUV has been quite the sensation since its unveiling at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo and it became an instant hit after its launch. The popularity of the vehicle lies in the fact that it has received over 40,000 bookings so far. Launched at a starting price of Rs. 6.99 lakh, Maruti Vitara Breeza has received a commendable response from buyers across the country. One must note, the massive demand of the Maruti Vitara Brezza has also increased its waiting period.
The compact SUV, currently, commands a waiting period up to 3-5 months. To be more precise, the VDi and VDi (O) variants have a waiting period of 3 months, while LDi, LDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+ (single tone) are being promised to be delivered within 4 months of booking. The top-ranging model ZDi+ with dual shade option has the highest waiting period of 5 months. Considering the massive demand of the Maruti Brezza, the company has increased its production to 1 lakh units/annum.
Source: https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ma...2015-end-7230/
Old 10th April 2016, 13:04   #1120
BANNED

Quote:

Drive on,
Shibu.
Yes the price difference between ZDi and ZDi+ is too much in my opinion. It's a pity that they can't even provide turn indicators on ORVM in ZDi variant. Still 1 Lakh+ difference is not worth unless the buyer is that much in need of those features.

About the Creta thing, as Dr.Naren said Creta is super costly than Brezza and cant be compared with the same.

MSIL, Can you provide a bigger seat as optional?!
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 14:41   #1121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the price difference between ZDi and ZDi+ is too much in my opinion. It's a pity that they can't even provide turn indicators on ORVM in ZDi variant. Still 1 Lakh+ difference is not worth unless the buyer is that much in need of those features.

About the Creta thing, as Dr.Naren said Creta is super costly than Brezza and cant be compared with the same.

MSIL, Can you provide a bigger seat as optional?!
Yes, I agree buddy. Maruti has deleted so many basic features in ZDI to keep costs low. A swift VDI gets turn indicator on ORVM. Even I wish maruti has provided better seats, atleast the front one's. Seat base is itself narrow with poor underthigh support. Front seats of swift and baleno is much more comfortable than Brezza.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th April 2016 at 14:59.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 14:49   #1122
BANNED

Mod Note: Our Vitara Brezza Report has been taken live at this link (Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even I wish maruti has provided better seats, atleast the front one's. Seat base is itself narrow with poor undershirt support. Front seats of swift and baleno is much more comfortable than Brezza.
That's my primary concern about brezza. I'm upgrading from 2010 Swift and i'm 180 cms tall and 90 kgs.

MSIL did this cheap thing just to make people think there's a lot of space inside. Even when i checked the car, i felt the drivers seat is restricted to slide back, so-that the rear passenger can get enough legroom.

MSIL giving more importance in comfort to the passenger than the driver ?!

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2016 at 15:38. Reason: Linking to review
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks