Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:33   #1006
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Finally, the Breeze's sales numbers will tell the story.
It is most definitely going to be a major hit in this market.
I am completely convinced of this because of the overall product and packaging and pricing, which ticks every single box, from a mass consumer perspective in India.
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:36   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
May be because display variant was VDi. We ended up spending more time with Ciaz and it felt premium comparing to the Brezza.
VDi doesnt look like the Brezza we see in advt and brochures. Red, Yellow, Blue and Silver are the colours that look good. I'm surprized people went for white which looks too boring. Granite grey in base variants will also look dull. Bone collector has said things right in the quoted text below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Well, exactly my feelings when I had gone to check it out first. The variant was VDi and myself, Dad and my wife were kind of OK-OK after taking a look at it. But the ZDi+ indeed felt different when I had a chance to check it out. Even the seats felt better compared to VDi. Granite grey (VDi) somehow doesn't suit this, maybe dark colors won't look good. Bright shades have better visual appeal.

Looks like MSIL hasn't been able to procure a Petrol engine decent and peppy as the DDiS as was said by Mr C. V. Raman in one of the Auto Expo interviews.
Ecoboost 1.0 will lag quite a bit without the turbo as it wont be able to provide enough torque at low RPMs. 1.4 might make it very costly and incur taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Is it just me or this thread giving negative vibes to the people who had booked or are thinking about buying Brezza.
On another note I am looking forward for the official team review and ownership threads which peeps are too lazy to come up with.
Yes. The people here are a touch critical of Brezza but some points they made are valid. SCross and Ecosport are good options but it depends on the buyers taste as well. Reading them I had decided to cancel the booking but now after a TD felt good and completed the purchase. OEM MGA Brezza seat covers I believe are essential to be put, they tend to give better support. Original seats give u a feeling of sinking-in as observed by some members.

I'll try to get an ownership thread in about 10 days.
First Brezza to be delivered.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160401wa00291.jpg
anycatd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:39   #1008
BHPian

That car in pure blue looks good.
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:49   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Took a short test drive of the Zdi+ today.

Apart from the looks and the driver view, nothing really grabbed my attention.

-The steering wheel felt like the M800 because of how thin the wheel was.
-I just couldn't get a good seat adjustment whatever I did. Kind of felt I wasn't comfortable throughout the drive. I am 6'2.
-The armrest was an intrusion to my elbow when gear shifting. The only way to avoid was to keep it lifted exposing the storage below it.
-The suspension thud reminded me of my Figo along with its roughness as well. Hoping that translates to good road holding as the Ford as well.
There was also a boom sound from the boot area which was heard when I crossed each expansion joint on a flyover. Not sure if it was the tyre.

The good stuff;
-I like the stance of the car. It is something different.
-the motor is powerful enough for the size.
-I am not a gadget freak, but I liked the touchscreen and it was quite responsive and user friendly.
-Good sized tyres unlike the usual mileage oriented ones on other MSIL products.

These are just my initial impressions on a short drive. Normally a test drive leaves a smile on my face, but this one felt ordinary.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:58   #1010
BHPian

Congratulations anycatd ! Waiting eagerly for your initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I'm surprized people went for white which looks too boring.
After seeing the white Brezza pics in this thread (in the initial few pages on this thread), I didn't like it. But after checking out all the pics of white brezza Zdi+ (with floating roof theme) on motoroids [1], I changed my mind. It looks pretty good in those pics in natural lighting.

[1] - http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/mar...the-new-lambi/

Pic Source : http://www.motoroids.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza51024x683.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2016, 17:22   #1011
BANNED

Test drove both brezza and scross 1.3 back-to-back.

As a package, brezza is supergood. But if you are not particluar about looks and can spend 1L extra, scross is the one to go for. Quality of scross is in another level compared to brezza. Brezza should be priced another 50k cheaper when considering the tax advantage and level of quality compared to scross. Please note that I am talking about quality when comparing to scross. That doesn't mean that brezza is so cheaply built. I can say that it is in the wagonr level of quality. It is definitely built to a cost.

Must admit that both were very easy to drive in the city traffic. Extra width was not at all a problem.

Another thing: after the brezza launch, nexa showrooms seems to be a bit deserted. Means some of the baleno customers are behind the brezza.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd April 2016 at 17:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:36   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Another thing: after the brezza launch, nexa showrooms seems to be a bit deserted. Means some of the baleno customers are behind the brezza.

Very much possible. Brezza seems to have the potential to cause a lot of cannibalization within the MSIL portfolio.

On a lighter note, may be all those who wanted the Baleno have already booked one and have been asked to come back after 4 or 5 months. Hence the deserted look at Nexa showrooms.

I am eagerly waiting for the TeamBHP review of the Brezza. My father-in-law seems to be interested in the S-Cross. I am wondering if I should suggest him to have a look at the Brezza, Baleno and Ciaz as well! All seem to be good cars in their own right.
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:00   #1013
BHPian

I am interested to know the differential gear ratio and percentage gradeability of Vitara Brezza. The authorized dealer in Vapi is ignorant about this data. Can someone please help me in this regard. Earlier I had used older version of Tata Safari (2004) with 43% gradeability. My Nano has 30% gradeabilty !
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:26   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
I am interested to know the differential gear ratio and percentage gradeability of Vitara Brezza. The authorized dealer in Vapi is ignorant about this data. Can someone please help me in this regard. Earlier I had used older version of Tata Safari (2004) with 43% gradeability. My Nano has 30% gradeabilty !
Could you please tell me what you mean by gradeability?
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:28   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post

After seeing the white Brezza pics in this thread (in the initial few pages on this thread), I didn't like it. But after checking out all the pics of white brezza Zdi+ (with floating roof theme) on motoroids [1], I changed my mind. It looks pretty good in those pics in natural lighting.

[1] - http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/mar...the-new-lambi/

Pic Source : http://www.motoroids.com/

I too am getting one Zdi delivered in white color. (Hopefully).

I just saw another one in White color standing outside my neighbours house. Looked good enough to me.
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:02   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Ability to climb slopes I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Must admit that both were very easy to drive in the city traffic. Extra width was not at all a problem.
I too was thinking about the width. Happened to drive friends new Creta, super easy despite the width. Once you are inside the brain seems to make adjustments and things become easy. Only length at times can make sharp turns a bit stressful in sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post

Thanks. Your comment was invisible even tough i got a notification earlier. I guess u edited stuff. I might not get enough time for a comprehensive review so early. Haven't spent time with it yet. Team-bhp should be out with their one soon.

White doesn't go well with the chrome elements. But depends on the individual.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:04   #1017
AWD
BHPian

Test drove Brezza today. Most of the points have already been made umpteen times, I shall outline the highlights that struck me the most. Starting with downsides:

* Interior dash layout & design; totally uninspiring, dull & boring. Spending long time in the cabin is not going to be an interesting experience.

* Rear seat: Access to the rear seats is a tight affair, then the legroom is no great shakes, I was unable to get comfy on the rear seats.

* Drivers seat; Left knee kept knocking against the edge of the centre console, gets really irritating & uncomfortable.

* Ride quality: Who said it has good ride quality!! I'd say its got a bad ride quality with almost everything under the tyres harshly felt insides & heard too. This is a big deal breaker for me, please check the ride quality before committing a booking for this car.

* Features: Absence of telescopic steering.

Positives; SUVish looks, high stance, good GC. Other things remain common with hatchbacks in the category.

People are booking/buying this car due to looks & being a Maruti(hassle free ownership experience). But on trying it out & out, its not a convincing buy.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 21:41   #1018
BANNED

None of the so called compact suvs including brezza, ecosport, creta, scross, duster, terrano or tuv are out-and-out hardcore suvs. We need to evaluate them based on their vfm proposition. Just like you do for hatch backs or compact sedans.

Imo, this is not for people upgrading from a premium hatch or compact sedans. It is a car for people trying to upgrade from cars like wagonr, i10 and the likes. I've seen many who upgrade from a wagonr to wagonr beacuse of no alternatives. But that is where the huge potential lies. Maruti has rightly made and positioned the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
People are booking/buying this car due to looks & being a Maruti(hassle free ownership experience).
Can't blame them or maruti for that. That's the confidence maruti bringing to them through their products and service.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd April 2016 at 21:50.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:01   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Gradeability is defined as the highest grade a vehicle can ascend maintaining a particular speed. When designing an automobile, various performance targets are kept in view, the major ones being weight, fuel economy, power, torque, speed, and acceleration, gradeability is given a lesser significance unless a special purpose vehicle is being designed like a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUVs) or other heavy duty vehicles. Urban vehicles do have to encounter situations where they might have to ascend slopes like a basement or a bridge. These situations might prove to become difficult for the driver when on full load, hence making it an important performance factor not only for Special Purpose vehicles but also to those driven in the urban land.
Gradeability is measured in multiple ways, mainly:
 As an angle of inclination to the horizontal (20˚, 30˚, 45˚, etc.).
 As a percentage of rise over run.
 As a ratio of one part run to some particular number of parts (1 in 20 meters, 1 in 50 feet, etc.)
koushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 23:17   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to check out the Brezza today. No TD as the demo car was not yet registered.

I liked the design of the car which while not flamboyant has enough to make it interesting. The proportions of the car is very good too.

Impressions
The interior of the car were spacious. The top of the dash is textured and has a slightly softer feel which extends to the top of the door pads as well. Opening the doors I was reminded of my old Swift which may be a negative for some. But for me it's okay. The plastics lower down also are all Swift and they do not convey the luxury and build of say the i20. However I felt they were better than the Baleno's.

The rear seat is not contoured but legroom and general space is very good. I feel that the seats are a bit flatish which detracts from comfort a bit. Fabrics again are Swift all over.

The boot is much better shaped than the ECoSport's. Pretty decent space but not SuV big.

What blew me off was the price. In Tiruvalla the prices for an ZDi is 9.8 lakhs which I feel is tremendous value for money given what the car offers. However the ZDi option is over a lakh costlier at 10.91 lakhs and the dual tone 11.07 lakhs.
For the extra lakh you get the following features over the ZDi
  • Reverse Parking Camera
  • Remote Control through Smart Phone App
  • Voice Command
  • Navigation System
  • Electrically Foldable ORVM
  • Sliding Front Centre Armrest with Storage
  • Shoulder height adjustable belts
  • Engine Start/Stop
  • Cruise Control System
  • Auto Headlamp
  • Rain Sensing Auto Wipers

To me the above features are not worth an extra 1.3 lakhs for the utility that they offer. A dual tone can be easily achieved with a vinyl wrap which I am guessing costs less than 20k.

But the ZDi is a steal and in my mind the Brezza is a runaway winner. I was quoted a waiting period of 6 months for the dual tone. Now for that TD which I am promised in a week's time...

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160402_162049897.jpg

Versus the Creta
Immediately after I left I checked out a Creta. Though not in the same segment, buyers may be evaluating both. The Creta looks and feels as size bigger, more a proper SUV. The seats are much more comfortable and the interiors plusher. The top variant retails at 16.65 lakhs which is almost a top end Brezza's price plus a Wagon R. I just wish Hyundai integrated the roof rail on the Creta as well as the Brezza.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160402_163620746.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed