Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 21:01   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Brezza doesn't get xenon's, just projectors with regular halogens.

Xenon is only in Baleno and S-cross.
Does the Baleno come with HID? S-Cross I know, but doubt if Baleno comes with HID. Feature to Feature I believe the Brezza matches the Baleno and don't see anything missing in comparison.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:16   #962
BHPian

I am glad to present my first post on Team BHP.
Checked the Vitara Brezza last week. The variant on display was ZDI along with many accessories like Chrome U-shaped grill, Body graphics etc.,
Brezza as an overall package is unbeatable.
My Observations :
1. Good road presence, surely an eyecatcher.
2. Visibility is good.
3. Same Power window switches borrowed from swift.
4. Underthigh support could have been improved.
5. No leather wrapped steering wheel even in ZDI+ variant.
6. SmartPlay infotainment system doesnot look well integrated to the dashboard as in Baleno and Ciaz.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-image.jpeg  

kashyapz8055 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 21:29   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is exactly what I was trying to pin point in the Brezza. While it looked spacious inside and gave the feeling of more legroom it was not really the case. For guys who are tall or have a heftier build the Brezza seats felt miniature. Everything was reduced by a notch. I got the feeling that I was a size bigger for all the seats.
Guess now I get it as to why this car appeared soo big in the showroom earlier, but on the road, with other cars and people sitting inside, it felt kind of shrunk (from what we had seen earlier at the showroom briefly). Was very tempted of buying this after the Auto Expo reviews, but now, its prudent to defer the idea of upgrading to this one (at least for now). Saves me approx 10L at least for the time being as I don't really need another car.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:33   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Does the Baleno come with HID? Feature to Feature I believe the Brezza matches the Baleno and don't see anything missing in comparison.
Surprisingly, yes. The Baleno alpha has HID/ Xenon projectors which none of the Brezza variants get. Furthermore, the Baleno top model also gets auto-dimming IRVM which again is not available in any variant of the Brezza. It as available as an optional accessory for Rs. 5350/-
Old 30th March 2016, 21:51   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
Surprisingly, yes. The Baleno alpha has HID/ Xenon projectors which none of the Brezza variants get. Furthermore, the Baleno top model also gets auto-dimming IRVM which again is not available in any variant of the Brezza. It as available as an optional accessory for Rs. 5350/-
Well the official TBHP review does mention somewhere that Baleno comes with HID, but the official website nowhere mentions the same.
As mentioned in official website "The Baleno is equipped with Projector Headlamps with Daytime Running Lamps, and Rear Combination Lamps with LED. The lights are come with Follow Me Home/Lead Me to Vehicle functions that illuminate the road ahead for a short period of time. Powerful and bright, they are perfect to light up your drive".

To me Baleno and Brezza come with Halogen projector headlamps and only SCross is equipped with HID.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:53   #966
BHPian

Quote:
To me Baleno and Brezza come with Halogen projector headlamps and only SCross is equipped with HID.
Check your facts again. The Baleno does have HIDs and I am saying this because I have taken a test drive of the vehicle. You need to do more research on Google.
Old 30th March 2016, 22:04   #967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does the Baleno come with HID? S-Cross I know, but doubt if Baleno comes with HID. Feature to Feature I believe the Brezza matches the Baleno and don't see anything missing in comparison.
Yup. Baleno Alpha gets HID lamps. On top of that Baleno gets following extra vs Brezza

1. Tilt and telescopic steering (Brezza only has tilt)
2. Auto dimming IRVM
3. Comprehensive MID with colour display with lots more options than the basic unit on the Brezza
4. vanity mirror and map lights on both visors.
5. UV cut glass with a slight tint.

Brezza has a couple of extra features cruise control and rain sensing wipers.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 07:46   #968
Senior - BHPian

^^
I guess The Brezza also misses out on the leather steering and leather wrapped gear.

As with all recent Maruti launches, the Brezza also comes as a well rounded package but not as good value for money like a Baleno. The way I see it the USP of the Brezza is the styling(subjective) and the trust that Indians have on the Maruti brand.
It's very clear that Maruti has focused a lot on the styling of the Brezza to make sure it looks like a SUV. It has succeeded to a large extent though the sub-compact dimensions means that it won't look as proportionate as a Duster or a Creta.Right now, there is a craze for compact SUVs (or cars looking like SUvs) in our country and every manufacturer is trying to cash in on that. I bet Hyundai and Maruti are enjoying very fat margins on the Create and Brezza
Old 31st March 2016, 12:59   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Official statement from Maruti Suzuki on Brezza,

Quote:
actually the number of bookings are now well in excess of 25,000. I believe they are somewhere around 35,000-37,000 and because our monthly production at the moment is about 8000 cars, or maybe it will go a little bit over 8000 cars that is 100,000 a year basis
Quote:
having to quote waiting period of four months, actually it will be about three-and-a-half months and it is unfortunate thing in a way that there is such a long waiting period, but this kind of response was not anticipated that we will get such a big booking for the things right from the beginning
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...rgava/51628315

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st March 2016 at 13:01.
Old 31st March 2016, 13:03   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well the official TBHP review does mention somewhere that Baleno comes with HID, but the official website nowhere mentions the same.
As mentioned in official website "The Baleno is equipped with Projector Headlamps with Daytime Running Lamps, and Rear Combination Lamps with LED. The lights are come with Follow Me Home/Lead Me to Vehicle functions that illuminate the road ahead for a short period of time. Powerful and bright, they are perfect to light up your drive".

Yes, it is not mentioned anywhere in brochure about xenon HID in baleno. But alpha variant gets xenon hid projector with DRL. I have checked it during my test drive. Baleno also gets puddle lamps(not mentioned in brochure) and foot well lamps. I am not sure if brezza has it.
Cheers

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 31st March 2016 at 13:04.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:57   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, it is not mentioned anywhere in brochure about xenon HID in baleno. But alpha variant gets xenon hid projector with DRL. I have checked it during my test drive. Baleno also gets puddle lamps(not mentioned in brochure) and foot well lamps. I am not sure if brezza has it.
Cheers
The ZDI+ that I test drove had foot well lamps. I saw it.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:35   #972
BHPian

I needed help getting a part number for the bracket which holds a touchscreen H Unit. Any one upgraded stock one?
Old 31st March 2016, 18:59   #973
BHPian

Just got to know from my dealer that courtesy of Delhi governments Odd-Even hair brained scheme, one cannot now get an odd or even number by choice.

Rather, one has to be satisfied with what the government offers. If you want a registration number out of turn, be prepared to spend about 21,000 bucks (officially) and 27k if going via a dealer.

And this is not even giving you the number of choice.
Old 31st March 2016, 19:04   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Just got to know from my dealer that courtesy of Delhi governments Odd-Even hair brained scheme, one cannot now get an odd or even number by choice.

Rather, one has to be satisfied with what the government offers. If you want a registration number out of turn, be prepared to spend about 21,000 bucks (officially) and 27k if going via a dealer.

And this is not even giving you the number of choice.
I don't think this is just in Delhi. My dealer told me that one cannot get a number of his/her choice in Noida (U.P.) - one can't even select odd or even. This rule has been there in U.P. for a while now - even before the odd-even rule came in. I wouldn't be surprised if the rule exists in other states as well.

PS: There is a provision for VIP numbers in Noida, but it costs 6k-15k depending on the number. I'm in the exactly same boat,
Old 31st March 2016, 19:55   #975
BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Yes, I know about UP. I got my Mercedes with a noida number.

But since its UP, one can get an odd/ even number easily.

Have you booked? In noida?

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 31st March 2016 at 19:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks