Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 23:18   #286
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
They did reduce prices in July, IIRC around 2.5-3 lacs on the BMW X1, which I had been following. However now with cess coming back in, the prices would go even higher than Pre GST levels.
On X1 they reduced just 70k post GST. SA tried explaining to me why they couldn't reduce like Ford or Toyota, but it didn't sound convincing.

BMW discounts now are bit of an eyewash, just look at the handling charge.

X1 since launch had 7% price hike already. I felt they are playing with brand conscious Indian mindset.
Old 14th August 2017, 11:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, please post some info on your insurance renewal experience and the amount paid. Although it was originally issued from the dealer via Bajaj Allianz, I am getting calls from agents with multiple quotes that are very different from each other. I dont understand the choices given to me as 'comprehensive', B2B etc. with an added confusion while cross checking ICICI that shows 3 different options. Any input on this would be really helpful. I have my existing one valid till 25th September 2017.
Guys, I am repeating the post here, because I love to hear back from Bangalore owners. Existing insurance is with Bajaj Allianz, someone called and offered me an 80% discount (with NCB etc), someone else send me a letter of renewal reminder, ICICI also seems to have my details and offering something else. Lowest I got so far is around 47k, which I need to finalise this week by giving a post dated cheque. Calls do not seem to be from the dealer !

X1 or any other variant from the brand, please add your input please. It could help in grabbing the best deal. Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 17:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am repeating the post here, because I love to hear back from Bangalore owners. Existing insurance is with Bajaj Allianz, someone called and offered me an 80% discount (with NCB etc), someone else send me a letter of renewal reminder, ICICI also seems to have my details and offering something else. Lowest I got so far is around 47k, which I need to finalise this week by giving a post dated cheque. Calls do not seem to be from the dealer !

X1 or any other variant from the brand, please add your input please. It could help in grabbing the best deal. Thanks

I renewed my insurance from HDFC ergo while earlier one was Bajaj Alliance. The Idv quoted was 37L. Initially the BMW folks called me and gave a quote for 73K, 0 dep with roadside assistance, consumables. I took multiple quotes and finally settled for HDFC ergo for the same package at 66K.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 17:34   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I renewed my insurance from HDFC ergo ...
Thanks for the info, I just logged into my HDFC and saw this in the offers. But there is no details on the type of policy. I will check on their specific site. I have no idea how multiple insurance companies get our vehicle details
Name:  ergo.png
Views: 3235
Size:  54.0 KB
Old 15th August 2017, 16:03   #290
BHPian

Got my X1 insurance renewed 2 weeks back. With HDFC ERGO. Maintained IDV at 5% less than 1st insurance IDV of Bajaj Allianz....Nil dep, consumables and engine/hear box protect. Titanium policy attached Fyr. Took same one for my ML 250 few months ago. Online Portal of HDFC does not allow to raise IDV more than 30L. Went offline as I am a classic HDFC bank customer. 70K was premium incl all taxes. Received only cover note yet!

Missing one from previous policy was RTI & TYRE cover. Tyre cover was anyways from BMW SECURE. HDFC provides 50% coverage on TYRE for accident only

Quick query. Can we extend BMW SECURE package with dealer if we don't renew insurance with them? Both are 2 diff. Policies with diff. Start and end dates. Original Insurance was with Bajaj Allianz and be secure with unit of BMW BE called AGS. Hence the query!
Attached Thumbnails
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img20170731wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 17th August 2017 at 11:32. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 17:30   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Quick query .... Can we extend BMW SECURE package with dealer if we don't renew insurance with them? Both are 2 diff. Policies with diff. Start and end dates ....Original Insu was with Bajaj Allianz and be secure with unit of BMW BE called AGS. Hence the query!
I believe secure is an add on to the Bajaj Allianz insurance they sell and have to be bought together.
Old 15th August 2017, 17:46   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Quick query .... Can we extend BMW SECURE package with dealer if we don't renew insurance with them? Both are 2 diff. Policies with diff. Start and end dates ....Original Insu was with Bajaj Allianz and be secure with unit of BMW BE called AGS. Hence the query!
I believe secure only gives you tyre cover and return to invoice features over and above the regular insurance. Secure typically should cost you about 25K extra. Not worth it IMO. Do note that you get only proportionate cover for tyre, based on tread depth. So if you do bust a tyre you can expect about 60 to 70% compensation only. Return to invoice is a nice feature to have, but with zero depreciation comp insurance you get almost the same cover. RTI is a bit fancy (I think it covers road tax paid also) if you ask me and as the car gets older, this add on starts costing more and more. I am not even sure you can buy this cover for cars older than 2 years.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 19:03   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I believe secure only gives you tyre cover and return to invoice features over and above the regular insurance. Secure typically should cost you about 25K extra. Not worth it IMO......
Sirji, I believe you are with the brand for sometime. What kind of coverage are you in right now and the provider ? If my planning goes right by year end, I gradually want to pass the X1 to my wife and go for a higher segment. That is the only concern I keep this cross checking from multiple angles. Its better to be covered well when its in the hands of a lady who does multi tasking 24/7
Old 17th August 2017, 10:13   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji, I believe you are with the brand for sometime. What kind of coverage are you in right now and the provider ? If my planning goes right by year end, I gradually want to pass the X1 to my wife and go for a higher segment. That is the only concern I keep this cross checking from multiple angles. Its better to be covered well when its in the hands of a lady who does multi tasking 24/7
My X3 is in its 2nd year of ownership. For the 1st year I had Bajaj Allianz Comp Insurance + Secure which came from the factory. For the 2nd year I've gone for a comprehensive Zero dep insurance from HDFC Ergo. For the same IDV, Bajaj Allianz + BMW Secure was coming to about 1.45 lakhs whereas HDFC policy cost me about 0.84 Lakhs. I lose out on coverage for tyre damage and return to invoice, but you do get cover on things like hydrostatic lock etc...

My theory is that there is no need to pay such huge additional sums year on year. In my 18 year driving history I have suffered a tyre failure only once. A Run Flat tyre typically cost about 30K. So if you do bust a tyre, secure will cover about 15k towards the same (proportionate to tread wear) . I don't see any point in paying so much more year on year for a highly unlikely event that doesn't cost you that much anyway. Besides I have switched to tubeless and already saved 20K on the cost of tyres!
Santoshbhat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:31   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
.....I've gone for a comprehensive Zero dep insurance from HDFC Ergo.....I have suffered a tyre failure only once. A Run Flat tyre typically cost about 30K.....I have switched to tubeless and already saved 20K on the cost of tyres!
Thanks for the details. I was already in favour of HDFC Ergo, now you have sealed my decision. This is my 7th car and never had a tire issue till date inspite of driving through the worst terrains in the country. RFT is already causing an irritation via road noise. Wife's Figo cabin is quieter than X1 and I see that loud and clear !

I will eventually move to tubeless. Its not done so far because of my limited weekend usage. But before that, I love to feel it myself with anyone who has done the swap on the X series.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:03   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I renewed my insurance from HDFC ergo while earlier one was Bajaj Alliance. The Idv quoted was 37L. Initially the BMW folks called me and gave a quote for 73K, 0 dep with roadside assistance, consumables. I took multiple quotes and finally settled for HDFC ergo for the same package at 66K.
Buddy, please check this quote below, I am surprised at the difference of my quote. IDV was put at 28 lakhs and I see 67k for zero dep, comprehensive cover. Yours was 66k for an IDV of 37 lakhs. Am I missing something ?

Mods: Please excuse my frequent posts here, I dont want to go to the common insurance thread because its easier to stick to the vehicle specific thread to get the right responses. I am sure it will be easily accessible to the owners of X1 here.
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-67.png
Old 21st August 2017, 21:42   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, please check this quote below, I am surprised at the difference of my quote. IDV was put at 28 lakhs and I see 67k for zero dep, comprehensive cover. Yours was 66k for an IDV of 37 lakhs. Am I missing something ?

Mods: Please excuse my frequent posts here, I dont want to go to the common insurance thread because its easier to stick to the vehicle specific thread to get the right responses. I am sure it will be easily accessible to the owners of X1 here.
Two reasons for the anomaly.

1) Insurance rates have gone through the roof. I just saw my X3's policy which was renewed in Dec 2016. The basic premium was charged @ 1.14%, now I see its 1.79%. I believe IRDA recommended steep hikes in basic premium rates for SUVs and big cars. Something like 50%

2) Service tax used to be 15%, now its 18% GST.

Better keep that NCB intact!!
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 16:28   #298
BHPian

I'm getting a faint whistling sound from the AC vent whenever I start the car. I think its mostly from the AC vent on the top, next to the speaker on the dashboard. It lasts for about 15 odd mins and then stops on its own. Anybody has any idea what this could be?
Old 5th September 2017, 15:46   #299
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone received a call from the dealer about the recall of X1 for a cross check and diagnosis of the passenger airbag sensor? They claim to do this in a 4 hours schedule at the service center. I have given my slot for next Monday. Mine is another 6000 kms for the first service. Should I ask them to check anything else?
Old 5th September 2017, 23:12   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone received a call from the dealer about the recall of X1 for a cross check and diagnosis of the passenger airbag sensor? They claim to do this in a 4 hours schedule at the service center. I have given my slot for next Monday. Mine is another 6000 kms for the first service. Should I ask them to check anything else?

No I have not received any such call as yet. Could you please update this after your check up on Monday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks