Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2017, 23:23   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
There was a gearbox software error. Try getting it reprogrammed. A standard solution (not hardware changes) exists with BMW.

Keep us posted.
Today got another error "Drivetrain"; Error snapshot send to the dealer already!

Not sure if I had mentioned this before ..... Water had entered my rear left light panel during one of the wash, might be due to usage of bosch washer for cleaning!

The same was reported to the dealer and BMW is getting the same replaced under WARRANTY this weekend.

Last edited by manson : 13th August 2017 at 23:37. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 4th August 2017, 07:55   #272
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Today got another error "Drivetrain"; Error snapshot send to the dealer already!
I know it's a hassle when error messages keep on popping up at regular frequencies. X1 is relatively new vehicle drive architecture in the BMW fleet. There could still be some niggling issues that the engineers need to sort out.

Good that you are prompt in reporting the same to the service centre. Do maintain a record of it all and in case the issues continue, escalate with a compilation of everything you had shared with the dealer.

All the best.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:05   #273
BHPian

Hi Guys !
Has anybody bought the Carly Adapter for BMW Coding ? I have just purchased one, however am not sure if it can void the warranty ? If someone has any experience with this and can share what all things are safe to code would be helpful.

Thanks !
Old 8th August 2017, 17:26   #274
Senior - BHPian

Friends, please post some info on your insurance renewal experience and the amount paid. Although it was originally issued from the dealer via Bajaj Allianz, I am getting calls from agents with multiple quotes that are very different from each other. I dont understand the choices given to me as 'comprehensive', B2B etc. with an added confusion while cross checking ICICI that shows 3 different options. Any input on this would be really helpful. I have my existing one valid till 25th September 2017.
Old 8th August 2017, 20:41   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, please post some info on your insurance renewal experience and the amount paid.... Any input on this would be really helpful. I have my existing one valid till 25th September 2017.
I recently did a lot of search before I renewed my insurance. The points you must be aware of:
1. The IDV value of the vehicle.
2. Comprehensive (b2b)
3. Consumables cover
4. Tires cover (should cover even if you hit a pothole)
5. Engine protect
6. Car replacement (increases quote by app. 10-15K)
7. Paid driver (this also includes if someone else drives your car)
Others can be optional.

Please talk to several companies and bargain for the better coverage with better rates. It is possible.

Also please remember all the insurance companies cover you everything for the first two times for an accident, the third time onwards it will be just a comprehensive coverage; except Iffco-Tokyo.

If you think of getting a quote from Iffco-Tokyo please talk to an agent, not customer service/online. Because you would get a conflicting answers regarding consumables cover. I have it from Iffco-Tokyo, covered consumables also last year.

I hope this helps.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 21:08   #276
BHPian

A quick update from my side. Recently, the local dealer did a check on my car. They mentioned something about checking for a faulty part. Did others also get such a call?

I was checking online and found that there are software updates available online from BMW. Tried to update the same in my car, but got an error. Has anyone on the forum tried to do the same?

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2017 at 09:04. Reason: Poorly typed post
nvluv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2017, 22:11   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
I was checking online and found that there are software updates available online from BMW. Tried to update the same in my car, but got an error. Has anyone on the forum tried to do the same?
Any idea what are these updates for? How did you try the implementation? Curious to know some details and how it failed. I don't mind trying it on mine if that helps

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2017 at 09:05. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 11th August 2017, 16:23   #278
BHPian

What kind of discount one may expect on the new BMW X1 SDrive20d XLine in Delhi?

The pre-GST ex-showroom price was 35.75L while currently it is 35L. So for sure, BMW did not reduce the price inline with GST.

On phone, the SA told to expect around 1.7L discount!

I am aware that they were offering upto 4.5L in Dec 2016.

Looking to pull the plug before the impending GST hike.
Old 11th August 2017, 18:04   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
What kind of discount one may expect on the new BMW X1 SDrive20d XLine in Delhi?

The pre-GST ex-showroom price was 35.75L while currently it is 35L. So for sure, BMW did not reduce the price inline with GST.

On phone, the SA told to expect around 1.7L discount!

I am aware that they were offering upto 4.5L in Dec 2016.

Looking to pull the plug before the impending GST hike.
2 lac discount is the minimum, a SA at Deutsche motoren Moti nagar confirmed to me in in person. They had a pdf of all the models and the respective discounts. Above that, its your negotiating skills!! IMHO 3L should be achievable at least if you consider On road price.

As far as GST thing, as you rightly said they changed the price very little, so i would suggest to wait and buy the car when you want it, and not be pushed by the GST rate change. And especially if you go in with this on your mind, the dealer will know it and it will be a sellers market. If you can wait till Diwali or year end, you will definitely get as good deals even then, if not better.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:48   #280
BHPian

I managed to get them down to 3.5L discount (on-road) on xLine. But I ended up booking a Tiguan because I wanted a complete car with AWD.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 13:20   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
2 lac discount is the minimum, a SA at Deutsche motoren Moti nagar confirmed to me in in person. They had a pdf of all the models and the respective discounts. Above that, its your negotiating skills!! IMHO 3L should be achievable at least if you consider On road price.

As far as GST thing, as you rightly said they changed the price very little, so i would suggest to wait and buy the car when you want it, and not be pushed by the GST rate change. And especially if you go in with this on your mind, the dealer will know it and it will be a sellers market. If you can wait till Diwali or year end, you will definitely get as good deals even then, if not better.
Thanks for the information. In touch with this dealer only. Yup, year end & festive deals are mouth watering, no doubt but the car I am looking to exchange with is my 2007 Honda Civic AT whose insurance is expiring Sep end, so looking to save a few bucks on that & also to use its NCB of 45% on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I managed to get them down to 3.5L discount (on-road) on xLine. But I ended up booking a Tiguan because I wanted a complete car with AWD.
Congratulations! Tiguan is a fabulous car which does check all my requirement too, only thing is it is priced maybe atleast 3L (if not 5L) too many IMHO. Also, I desperately want to get into the club of big 3, you see typical delhi mindset
Old 12th August 2017, 13:41   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post

Whats the expected price cut post GST? If BMW hasn't made the change accordingly then aren't they in violation of government's guidelines? There was some ruling about mandatory passing on the GST benefit to the customer right?
Old 13th August 2017, 16:24   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't BMW already reduce prices in June citing GST and then further reduce it in July when GST was rolled out?

Also, the govt only wants the prices to change. It isn't mandatory for them to pass on the entire benefits to the customers from what I recall, so even a small price cut post implementation is good enough.
Old 13th August 2017, 17:51   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Didn't BMW already reduce prices in June citing GST and then further reduce it in July when GST was rolled out?

Also, the govt only wants the prices to change. It isn't mandatory for them to pass on the entire benefits to the customers from what I recall, so even a small price cut post implementation is good enough.
They did reduce prices in July, IIRC around 2.5-3 lacs on the BMW X1, which I had been following. However now with cess coming back in, the prices would go even higher than Pre GST levels.
Old 13th August 2017, 22:56   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Any idea what are these updates for? How did you try the implementation? Curious to know some details and how it failed. I don't mind trying it on mine if that helps
They are for the phone, bluetooth and usb system. Sometimes after a phone update, the bluetooth may not work properly. But after the BMW update it works perfectly. Simplest explanation I could give. Also most times you will not notice any change in any behaviour with this update.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks