Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2018, 09:26   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I already messaged him yesterday but no response. US to India with duty, taxes and shipping make it a foolish buying because we have very competent upgrade shops in India with reputed brand items used. Last time I checked with an ex bhpian, he wanted my car in his garage for 3 weeks. I found it impractical. His quote was 1.50 lakh+ with DSP, speakers, wiring, installation etc.
Maybe The Saint is busy and have not read your PM. I am sure he will respond. Even I had got some inputs from him through PM only.

Unfortunately, the upgrades for a BMW are quite expensive. The advantage of BavSound is that it is completely plug and play. Everything plugs into the existing cabling and mechanical fittings.

When I was researching BavSound, following were the estimates I had calculated for various levels of upgrade including shipping and duty:

Speakers + Woofer - approx. 1 Lakh
Only speakers - approx. 58K
Speakers + Woofer + Amplifier - 2 Lakhs

From various reviews I read, upgrading just the speakers alone could result in a lot of improvement. Maybe you could try upgrading only the speakers.

Also, if your car is under warranty or extended warranty, I would totally avoid any aftermarket upgrades that may require any change to the wiring harness etc.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 15:15   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Maybe The Saint is busy..........if your car is under warranty.... I would totally avoid any aftermarket upgrades that may require any change to the wiring harness etc.
May be The Saint is with the angels all the time, lets wait
Normal warranty is only 2 years right ? I am not going to extend it as there is no long term plan to keep the car. X3 is very tempting right now with the only drawback of same 190 BHP engine of the X1 ! When will they bring the 250+ power horse to India ?

One doubt to all the owners here: Is the rear light always on while we drive around same as the DRLs ? My son told me its always ON but I saw few X1s near toll gate etc with the DRL on but tail light OFF. Confusing !!

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-_sha0092.jpg
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 23:01   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Why do we need seperate boot opener and fuel lid opener. Most modern car im India including likes of Grand i10 have boot opening linked to central locking. Just open the central locking and let the guard touch the request senser or manual button to open the boot.
Happy to disagree. Why do I have to unlock the central locking for the guard to press the request sensor to open the boot ?
What if I have a child at the rear, who accidentally opens the rear door after I unlock the central locking for above ?
Yes, I can child lock the door on the side where the child is seated, but why go through all that hassle. Why cant it be just a dedicated button near the driver for boot and fuel lid ?

Quote:
Happy to disagree
Minimalist is the future. Tesla is the best example. Other brands are going the same path.
Happy to disagree too
I hate the Tesla interiors, especially the giant touch screen. Imagine fiddling with a giant iPad to adjust HVAC / GPS / ICE while driving. Plus it kills the feeling of being in a car with gadgets and stuff. Looks very bland.
Manual buttons on driver side are technically sound and safe too.
Regarding the point of why I love the additional driver side manual boot / fuel lid release - I have explained above.

Quote:
I believe the USA model of X1 is the same except that it has additional switch on driver's door, which works in parallel to request sensor.
The US market X1 has powered self lifting / closing tail gate. Buttons are on remote keyfob, driver doorpad and on the boot, under the BMW logo. Sounds redundant - but that's what I call ease of use.

Quote:
One doubt to all the owners here: Is the rear light always on while we drive around same as the DRLs ? My son told me its always ON but I saw few X1s near toll gate etc with the DRL on but tail light OFF. Confusing !!
Tail lights do not remain ON while driving. Only the DRLs' remain ON.
However if the setting is set to Auto, and there it is a pretty cloudy day, or you are under a tree shade, or inside the garage, it may turn on the headlights and taillights.
So when your son notices it, ask him to check if the headlights are also ON at the same time.

I might be all wrong since India X1 is pretty much different with lots of omissions than a US market X1
Old 31st May 2018, 23:41   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Certain manufacturers allow hardware or software-based activation of permanently lit rear lights akin to the front DRLs.

In my Octavia, I can activate a 'Scandinavian DRL' setting that turns on the rear tail-lights as soon as the ignition turns on.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 00:08   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Normal warranty is only 2 years right ?
Yes and Unlimited kms.

Quote:
X3 is very tempting right now with the only drawback of same 190 BHP engine of the X1 !
You would take a lot of depreciation hit. You be hard pressed as to what you would gain in a X3 vis a vis X1.

Volvo XC60 is a better option or Porsche Macan R4 for higher budget.

Quote:
No. Only DRL is ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Why do I have to unlock the central locking for the guard to press the request sensor to open the boot ?
What if I have a child at the rear, who accidentally opens the rear door after I unlock the central locking for above ?
Which is why I unlock boot using key fob keeping central locking locked.
Old 1st June 2018, 08:54   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I take your all your points (except above) as they are purely personal convenience or choice.
Regarding above, make no mistake and its most important for your child safety, the child can still lock the rear door by pulling the unlock lever even if you have put on the central locking. A child fiddling with door opening lever can equally fiddle with unlock lever. Thats why we have child lock on rear doors. I hope you use them.

On a different note, when I my kid was 4 years old, first thing I taught him after seat belt was that no one can lock you inside a car. One can always open the car from inside no matter what.

You will be surprised that there are so many people ignorant about this fact. I have seen people take aback when I open the passenger side of my friend car door from inside, even before my friend has switch off the ignition (which trigger unlock) They think only driver can unlock all the doors.
Many accident victims complain of door not opening after accident due to central locking. While some of the case relates to mechanical jamming of doors, others could have unlocked it by pulling the unlock lever forcefully, if required.

BMW has aptly provided lock/unlock lever as pull type in X1 and can always be pulled for unlocking. There is some confusion in Audi/Skoda cars as they have electronic button, which is easy in normal case. In case of some incident, I believe they unlock by impact even if the battery is damaged.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st June 2018 at 09:11.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 12:26   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BMW has aptly provided lock/unlock lever as pull type in X1 and can always be pulled for unlocking. There is some confusion in Audi/Skoda cars as they have electronic button, which is easy in normal case. In case of some incident, I believe they unlock by impact even if the battery is damaged.
I am not sure which lever you are discussing here. X1 has only one way of opening from the back seats, thats by pulling the handle lever and pushing the door out. Window locks go down completely, it cant be pulled up even by kids (pic below). There is also another safety feature in the brochure, handle lever can not be pulled when the car is moving above 20 kmph. I also heard from one of the video reviews that the car abruptly applies break to a sudden stop if any of the doors is open by force while its moving. Country wise specs may vary and we are not sure if its applied in the Indian version until someone tests it out. I will check it during the weekend and confirm.

Name:  lk.png
Views: 4419
Size:  772.2 KB
Old 25th June 2018, 12:20   #413
BHPian

Has anyone managed to find magnetic sun shades for the X1?
Old 7th July 2018, 14:37   #414
BHPian

what kind of offers are going on the new X1?
Now since the XC40 is also launched, the deals should be better.
I am in the market for a compact luxury car and looking for a great bargain.
Old 11th July 2018, 09:22   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
what kind of offers are going on the new X1?
Now since the XC40 is also launched, the deals should be better.
I am in the market for a compact luxury car and looking for a great bargain.
I doubt if there will be any impact of XC40 launch on the discounts. Volvo is already talking about higher price for their R-Design variant which will take it above 50 now. X1 is way below that after the current discounts.
Old 30th July 2018, 12:05   #416
BHPian

I don't know whether this is new news or old but a new model of X1 seems to be introduced in India. The new specification sheet indicates an two wheel drive M Sport (sDrive M Sport) apart from the regular Expedition, XLine & XDrive M Sport.
The two wheel drive M Sport has the smaller size iDrive of 6.5" but now has touch functionality and also has Apple Carplay but weirdly the top of the line XDrive Msport doesn't have Car play option.
Rest all the features are exactly the same. Ex-Showroom price is 41.50L
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-bmw-x1-specsheet_page_2.jpg
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:15   #417
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The BMW X1 is now available in sDrive M-Sport spec as well.

Found this price list on the Krishna Automobiles (BMW Chandigarh and BMW Ludhiana dealer) webpage.

Source : Price List

Name:  BMW Krishna Automobiles.PNG
Views: 3374
Size:  44.4 KB

Last edited by //M : 30th July 2018 at 14:16.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 23:40   #418
BHPian

It is sad to see BMW moving to Front Wheel Drive to increase profit margins. Are all the Bmw's launched in India these days Front Wheel Drive's, I recently Test drove a new X1 and was shocked to see it was Front Wheel Drive, The legendary Ultimate Driving Machine experience was missing and the drive was as sedate as the normal front while drive compact Japanese SUV's. Gone are the days when you would zip a beemer, You will be pushed back in the seat and the rear end of the car will spin out a bit. Bmw please stick to your core value, We do not want to own a BMW just for the badge but for the Ultimate Driving Experience. Hope Someone in Bmw Management is listening
filmaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 09:34   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
It is sad to see BMW moving to Front Wheel Drive to increase profit margins. Are all the Bmw's launched in India these days Front Wheel Drive's
Only, X1. That too has AWD variants with FWD bias. I don't think BMW would shift to FWD anytime soon. X1 was probably an attempt to lure set of customers demanding AWD.
Old 10th August 2018, 13:30   #420
BHPian

i saw a new x1 in a new colour in mysore yesterday, was looking nice. I believe now the instrument cluster is completely digital and some changes have been updated on the i drive too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks