Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 13:02   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Any X1 owners using a cargo net in their car? Where can we purchase large size quality one with carabiner hooks?

Similar to ones in image. Indian X1 does have tether on seats but not at top between B & C pillar. So might need to attach it in driver & Co-Driver headrest.

What do you all suggest?

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-cargo-net.jpg
Old 18th October 2019, 12:19   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
I drove the x1 yesterday again and finally booked xline Sdrive in Alpine white. The two areas where I wasn't very impressed is the short rear seats( for which I've found a fix)
Hi
Could you please elaborate on the fix for the short rear seats?

Linea's seats are very comfortable and I miss this in X1.
GladRagu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 00:11   #498
Senior - BHPian

2nd Service completed: X1 20d

iDrive came up with notification for Engine Oil service due. Being covered in BSI means you can send car even at 2,000 Kms left.

ODO: 16,950
Time: 20 Months

Kms covered since 1st service: 7,500 Kms
Time: 10 Months

What all changed?
1. Engine Oil
2. Oil Filter
3. A/C filter

Engine Air intake filter cleaned. As per BMW India norms, it needs to be clogged to be eligible for replacement. Replaced parts are audited by BMW India. Had car been in non-BSI, it would have been replaced.

How car feels?
1. Smooth as Day 0
2. Engine up-shifting as low as 1400 rpm
3. AC back to chilling bones
4. Slight vibrations during idle gone

Car washed and cleaned.

Bill amount: ZERO
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 01:53   #499

Quote:
1.The tailgate! My biggest complaint is the build and operation of the tailgate. You have to bang it real hard and for a premium car. This is just not acceptable. It is extremely inconvenient especially at malls where the guard opens to inspect and does not close it with enough force (for obvious reasons) and soon after, while parking, the reverse camera won't turn on as the door open indicator is on! An electric option would have been much appreciated.
I use to face this same problem until my chauffeur pointed out to me that it is a vacuum problem. So when you or any of the security guards are about to shut the tailgate, just roll down the driver's window or open the door a bit to release the vacuum. This should do the trick, indeed you will need to push the heavy tailgate well but this problem won't occur. I personally like the heavy tailgate

Quote:
2. What I don't like much is the road noise or tyre noise inside the cabin. The engine is so quiet you hardly hear anything, but the tyre noise definitely spoils it for you.
This is the only real complaint I have against my X1, though I was fully aware of this before my purchase. I made my peace with it considering that on balance the X1 is a much superior car in many departments when you compare it with even the next class of vehicles. Would changing the BMW run flats solve this problem ? Bavaria motors suggest that tires would solve the problem but would void suspension warranty. So for now I'm living with the cabin noise knowing fully well that I made this trade-off. Touch wood, I've not faced any safety problems with any of the tires. I have done few Pune-Mumbai trips and 2 Pune-Goa trips so far.
Old 10th December 2019, 15:40   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringIndian View Post
Bavaria motors suggest that tires would solve the problem but would void suspension warranty.
I'm getting mixed views on the suspension warranty aspect. BMW officially does not entertain any suspension warranty, at least thats what I've been told from their customer support team. Did you get anything in writing from Bavaria on the suspension warranty eligibility?
adi58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:52   #501
Senior - BHPian

I think BMW is now providing Michelin run flats at service centers and dealerships, if true this would be a much better option without any issue of warranty
Old 13th December 2019, 15:46   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
I'm getting mixed views on the suspension warranty aspect. BMW officially does not entertain any suspension warranty, at least thats what I've been told from their customer support team. Did you get anything in writing from Bavaria on the suspension warranty eligibility?
No it isn't in writing it is mere speculation My 1st service is due soon , I will get this checked at that time.
Old 13th December 2019, 18:56   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Engine Air intake filter cleaned. As per BMW India norms, it needs to be clogged to be eligible for replacement. Replaced parts are audited by BMW India. Had car been in non-BSI, it would have been replaced.
This is ridiculous. Engine air intake filter must be replaced at every periodic service. This so cheap of BMW to save a few rupees out of their BSI commitment. Luckily, my car is also in BSI+ but mine was changed without any fuss.
Old 13th December 2019, 22:36   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
This is ridiculous. Engine air intake filter must be replaced at every periodic service. This so cheap of BMW to save a few rupees out of their BSI commitment. Luckily, my car is also in BSI+ but mine was changed without any fuss.
True that.

As per BMW CBS, they change air filter in 3rd year which is ridiculous.

I was feeling X1 had developed asthma, since engine air filter wasn't changed.

I asked BMW Workshop to inspect the air filter and surprisingly, it was chocked. They hadn't cleaned it since it wasn't mentioned in key scan.

They replaced the engine air filter seeing the condition and X1 was back to normal.
Old 19th December 2019, 18:49   #505
BHPian

Guys, my x1 is little less than 3 years old now and has done about 25k kms. I'm having a couple of problems which I wanted to check if anybody is aware or is facing similar issues.
1. For the last week or so, the car doesn't start on one push of the button. The electronics light up but I need to press the button again to start the engine. I'm sure I'm pressing the brake peddle the same way that I used to earlier. Infact today morning it shuddered a little more than normal on the second press before the engine started. Not sure if it's connected to this problem or not but for some reason today morning the date/ time setting had been wiped off and the trip meter was reset to zero. There are no other error codes or lights coming up.
2. There's a problem I'm having with phone connected with usb cable when trying to make/ receive calls. It's an iPhone and for some reason I think this is some issue with the ios13 since it's around the same time I started having the problem. I'm able to play music from the phone through Amazon music/ gaana etc. normally but whenever a call comes, there is connection issue. There is a lag between the phone receiving the call and the display coming on the center screen. When I press the button to receive the call, it takes a little longer than normal to connect the call and then while I'm able to hear the person from the other end, the other person is not able to hear me. This happens for the first 15-20 mins after I connect the phone. After that all become ok. Is anybody else also facing a similar issue.

The above 2 problems are not related since the first is only a week old problem while the second has been there for a few months now.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Last edited by fatsoboy : 19th December 2019 at 18:50. Reason: Typo
Old 19th December 2019, 19:13   #506
Senior - BHPian

First problem is related to the battery. Please get the same checked / replaced.

For the second issue, delete the device connection settings on both the Car and the mobile. And then reconnect. This might work.. not sure though. 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 09:41   #507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Guys, my x1 is little less than 3 years old now and has done about 25k kms. I'm having a couple of problems which I wanted to check if anybody is aware or is facing similar issues.
1. For the last week or so, the car doesn't start on one push of the button. The electronics light up but I need to press the button again to start the engine. I'm sure I'm pressing the brake peddle the same way that I used to earlier. Infact today morning it shuddered a little more than normal on the second press before the engine started. Not sure if it's connected to this problem or not but for some reason today morning the date/ time setting had been wiped off and the trip meter was reset to zero. There are no other error codes or lights coming up.
First problem is your battery. I am certain the X1 has some common battery issue, because even we have an X1 M sport in the family and the battery conked off in the first 2 years. In the other Bimmers, the batteries last 4-5 years very easily.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 03:04   #508
BHPian

Quote:

There is an iDrive update available for connectivity issues. Although the update says its for Samsung but it fixed a lot of problems with my iPhone. Do check it out - https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

Let me know if it helps!

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2019 at 09:12. Reason: Please quote only the relevant bits of a post. Thank You.
adi58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 13:11   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
First problem is related to the battery. Please get the same checked / replaced.

For the second issue, delete the device connection settings on both the Car and the mobile. And then reconnect. This might work.. not sure though. 😊
Is it OK to get an exide/ ameron from one of the online guys or would I need to go through the service center only. Was reading somewhere that bmw uses some agm batteries and using anything else would mess up some electronics. Is it true. I believe the battery from bmw directly would be about 40-45k while exide/ ameron are 8-10k
Old 25th December 2019, 13:32   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it OK to get an exide/ ameron from one of the online guys or would I need to go through the service center only. Was reading somewhere that bmw uses some agm batteries and using anything else would mess up some electronics. Is it true. I believe the battery from bmw directly would be about 40-45k while exide/ ameron are 8-10k
Some of these batteries come with a built in feedback for precise charging and operation, which may have been adopted / integrated in to the BMW system. Therefore, one : one replacement is recommended.

Even if the same is out-sourced, replacement has to be updated in the ECU which sort of calibrates various parameters of the battery. This can be done through software’s like e-sys or the likes.

But personally, I would not take a chance and get it replaced by BMW as it is complex with features such as start/stop system. 😊

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks