Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 23:25   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Did a road trip in 2nd week of Dec'19 in X1 Expedition 20d covering multiple destinations. Route looked as

Navi Mumbai-Bangalore-Yercaud-Salem-Kodaikanal-Madurai-Rameswaram-Thanjavur-Trichy-Puducherry-Mahabalipuram-Chennai-Navi Mumbai.

Total distance covered: 4053 kms
FE: 12.63 Kmpl.
ODO: 21500 Kms
Drive Mode: Engine + Gearbox in Sports Mode
  • X1 performed flawlessly.
  • Gobbled up luggage for 4 Pax with some to spare for trinkets picked enroute.
  • Return leg was Chennai to Navi Mumbai covering a total distance of 1300+ kms in a day. It did that without breaking a sweat. Any other BMW in India covered so many Kms in a day?
  • Leave your mark, it did visiting multiple places.
  • Both engine & braking are phenomenal. Can just keep on going.
  • Only grudge is 51 Liter fuel tank which limits range to 500 Kms on a single tank. Vento TDI easily does 800+ kms.
  • X1 is perfect in the sense of; good GC like a SUV, sedan like handling and chunky sidewalls 225 55 R17 tyres to soak up bumps. Best of both worlds.
  • Fueled at Reliance, Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum in all the towns; no issues whatsoever.

For 1st time, 190 Horsepower felt less. Power is never enough.

I guess I have explored the X1 80% and there is still more to learn about it.

Somewhere in Kodaikanal
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_1434.jpg

At Pambam Bridge, Rameswaram
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_1439.jpg

Most kms clocked in a day
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_1483.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 00:48   #512
BHPian

Almost all wheel alignment shops I’ve visited so far do not have F48 in their system. They all have E84(previous gen X1). If anyone here has the alignment report for the current gen X1 could you please share it, as it would help people here to get the right alignment done as per factory specs.
Old 1st January 2020, 13:17   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
If anyone here has the alignment report for the current gen X1 could you please share it, as it would help people here to get the right alignment done as per factory specs.
I would suggest to get done from BMW Workshop. They would charge Rs. 7,000.

But it would be done correctly.

Also you only need to do alignment when there is an issue, not regularly at 5,000 or 10,000 kms interval which we are accustomed to.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 15:56   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Did a road trip in 2nd week of Dec'19 in X1 Expedition 20d covering multiple destinations. Route looked as

Navi Mumbai-Bangalore-Yercaud-Salem-Kodaikanal-Madurai-Rameswaram-Thanjavur-Trichy-Puducherry-Mahabalipuram-Chennai-Navi Mumbai.

At Pambam Bridge, Rameswaram

Most kms clocked in a day
Great job there buddy, I really hope you made your way to Dhanushkodi. The car you guys have, and the serenity the place gives would have been something else to behold!

Also, Chennai to Mumbai seems like a bit of a stretch. Hope you had multiple drivers, because 18.5 hours on the road would have taken a toll on any body - young or creaking old.

How’s the experience been with BMW service at Navi Mumbai?
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:43   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Great job there buddy, I really hope you made your way to Dhanushkodi. The car you guys have, and the serenity the place gives would have been something else to behold!
Yes I did. But it was closed 4 kms before the final point.

Reason: Actor Aamir Khan had come over for shooting a running sequence for his movie Laal Singh Chaddha.

Quote:
Also, Chennai to Mumbai seems like a bit of a stretch. Hope you had multiple drivers, because 18.5 hours on the road would have taken a toll on any body - young or creaking old.
We were two drivers. But time could have been lesser if there were less diversions and drizzling rains.

Quote:
How’s the experience been with BMW service at Navi Mumbai?
Till now good but had some misses as well. Like engine air filter not cleaned just because it was not mentioned on key read.
Old 8th January 2020, 14:21   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I would suggest to get done from BMW Workshop. They would charge Rs. 7,000.
Any reason to get it done at the dealer? I’ve seen John Bean machines at local shops and I’m guessing they are capable enough?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th January 2020 at 14:25. Reason: Trimmed the post inside quotes for better readability. Thanks.
Old 8th January 2020, 15:57   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reason to get it done at the dealer?
They have the required tools and expertise since they work on BMW cars day in day out.

Plus they need to adjust both front and rear wheels, that is; its a 4 wheel alignment process.

BMW Workshop would have correct adjustment data and if you are not satisfied with their work, they will re-look into it, without any questions.

I had got the alignment done at 5,000 kms and X1 is now at 21,700 kms, and no issues with alignment whatsoever.
Old 8th January 2020, 23:08   #518
BHPian

But X1 has only front adjustable toe for alignment process. Alignment shops outside do give 4 wheel measurements but it’s only the front toe that can be adjusted. Do check your tyres for alignment wear, even if you feel the car is driving straight.
Old 9th January 2020, 11:26   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But X1 has only front adjustable toe for alignment process. Alignment shops outside do give 4 wheel measurements but it’s only the front toe that can be adjusted. Do check your tyres for alignment wear, even if you feel the car is driving straight.
Nope. X-drive has adjustment on all four wheels. I get the alignment done every 5k kms at Madhu’s. They charge 1.5k plus weights and do a great job. 👍
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 12:05   #520
BHPian

Could you please share a copy of the alignment report?
Old 9th January 2020, 13:04   #521
Senior - BHPian

Issue: After some spirited driving for say 4 kms, when I apply brake it makes a grinding noise? What could be the reason?

No CBS reminder yet for brake pads. ODO at 21,700 kms.

Any idea anyone?

Request: X1 F48 20d sDrive servicing manual
Where can we download it? So as to know what are the general requirements with respect to servicing. Since CBS is bit over optimistic about everything.

Quote:
But X1 has only front adjustable toe for alignment process. Alignment shops outside do give 4 wheel measurements but it’s only the front toe that can be adjusted.
My X1 sDrive, during alignment, BMW mechanic also adjusted the rear wheels. They remove a plastic cover to access some adjustment screws. I was standing by, while they were doing it.

Quote:
Do check your tyres for alignment wear, even if you feel the car is driving straight.
I visually do inspect the car regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Nope. X-drive has adjustment on all four wheels. I get the alignment done every 5k kms at Madhu’s. They charge 1.5k plus weights and do a great job. 👍
What about tyre rotation?

Balancing only needs to be done, when you remove the tyre from alloy. Plus do ensure, you remove every small stone stuck in tyre tread to get that perfect balance, tip by BMW mechanic.
Old 5th February 2020, 23:11   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
Update to my Tyre dilemma:

Having wrecked my brains for the last 3 days, I'm going to give Falken a shot and change the front 2 or maybe even all 4 tomorrow morning. And will see how it goes.
Hi, did you manage to change the tyres? If so, which brand? Looking for feedback on Falken.
Old 9th February 2020, 01:46   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, did you manage to change the tyres? If so, which brand? Looking for feedback on Falken.
Ya I did. The front two changed to Falken. Found them very nice. The rear are still stock rft as they still had a lot of life in them.
The falken have performed very well. So far 4000 km and no issues.
During rains the car seemed to get glued to the road. Saying this because I'd read somewhere about Falkens wet grip not being so good. But I found it very good.
Plus 2 year unconditional warranty is great....if they honour it.
Old 13th February 2020, 15:43   #524
BHPian

That’s great! How about high speed handling and braking? Also any feedback on changing to Non-rft?
Old 25th February 2020, 11:46   #525
BHPian

Hi.
I am looking for a good front windshield sun shade for the 2016 X1 Model in Pune. Any idea where I can find a custom made one or the closest size for the windshield ? any inputs would be highly appreciated.
Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks