Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 16:36   #346
BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Do KIA have any plans on launching hatchbacks this year in India? I see the buzz on the Carnival, Sportage ( waiting for this to be launched) and the Seltos but there is no news on what hatchback lineup is in store for this year.
Old 24th June 2019, 17:49   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Do KIA have any plans on launching hatchbacks this year in India? I see the buzz on the Carnival, Sportage ( waiting for this to be launched) and the Seltos but there is no news on what hatchback lineup is in store for this year.
No, the next two products are going to be an MUV/SUV. Cross posting my post from the Seltos thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Autocar interviews KIA motors global CEO - Han Woo Park
https://Youtu.be/QoCOW-UsPbE

Excerpts from the video:
- The next two KIA models are going to be SUVs/MUV
- A new launch every 6-9 months after Seltos
- Customer satisfaction and brand building the first priorities since they're very late to the marlet
- Invested in the diesel technology with BSVI compliant engines
- No apparent plans of launching hatchbacks yet
- The Anantapur facility is capable of manufacturing hybrids/ev's
- EVs will be introduced when the market is ready for it (infrastructure and regulations)
- Hopes to sell 30,000 Seltos in 2019 (September to December)

P.S: Not a great interview by Hormazd. Could've asked about the warranties, after sales support, dealer choices, parts/technology sharing with Hyundai. Positioning vis-a-vis Hyundai, Seltos vs next gen Creta. KIA seems to be in it for the long run, in a better position to crack the market than MG, IMO
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 10:15   #348
BHPian

Does anyone have any information on Dealerships opening in Mumbai, especially Mumbai Suburbs? I am in the market for an upgrade to my 7 year old Honda Jazz. The Creta is more or less finalized but I am okay to hold on till the Kia Seltos launch. I have not seen a single Kia showroom coming up in the Suburbs, so worried about the dealership and service strength.
Old 26th June 2019, 10:28   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
'KIA is on its way', says a board at their showroom location at JP Nagar, Bangalore. This is 'Bang' on the main road and one of the most premium locations of Bangalore. Latest entrant MG is just a stone throw away.
This showroom is just a kilometre away from my house. Interestingly, the MG showroom is also about a kilometre away, and in fact in an even more "premium" portion of the neighbourhood, surrounded by the recently opened restaurants, pubs and other car showrooms (Nexa, Ford, etc) in this section of the city. Have a feeling that the Kia showroom will be made well, given the way it seems to be turning out.
Old 26th June 2019, 11:27   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveT View Post
+1. I too tried for the same but no details are available on internet. Had also enquired with one of Kothari delership in Pune, whose salesman indicated that a showroom on Tilak Road is under development for KIA dealership.
Yes seems to be near Alka Talkies according to them.
Old 26th June 2019, 11:55   #351
Senior - BHPian

Got this from a friend,

Dear All,

Please be informed that Kia Motors India has not released any official communication around the booking process of the upcoming Kia Seltos. This is to bring to your notice that there are certain fraudulent websites claiming to be the official channel for the booking process – Kia Motors India advises customers to stay clear of such websites and wait for the official communication

Kindly take a note, the bookings for Kia Seltos will start in July and customers will be duly notified of the process by Kia Motors India. For further information kindly log on to www.kia-motors.in

Regards,

Apparently there was a fake website floating online which was made by a rival brand dealer, collecting info from buyers and selling them "their new product". Which is why this statement has been released.

However, Kia dealers are accepting bookings at their upcoming dealerships, and the company doesnt seem to deny that.
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 23:48   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai has a very good synergy with its sister company Kia, the two South Korean brands. Hyundai has established itself in our market with its grand entry in 1998 (Santro with Shahrukh Khan).

With Hyundai having a thorough manufacturing and marketing insight of our car market, its sister concern Kia has the welcome carpet already laid out now.

Austin Motors (British Leyland) ex - MD, George Turnbull was hired by Hyundai in the early 1970's to conceptualise and manufacture the mid sized Pony. With the Pony, Hyundai made it big in Europe in the 1970's and US in the 1980's (Pony II). With initial quality niggles, the Pony faced headwinds and was categorised as "cheap Asian imports", but these were soon sorted out. One Western magazine had also used a phrase "cheap ugly boxes (CUB's)" for such cars. Hyundai climbed the success ladder learning the hard way and there was no looking back for Hyundai thereafter.

As exceptions, most Asian car makers are excelling in our market. Many of their car models have made international debuts in India.

Some of the Western car makers, who are struggling and doddering here or are winding up, need to take a relook into their strategies vis a vis the most successful Asian car makers. They can then catch up for sure and make it big in the one of the world's largest, emerging car markets.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th June 2019 at 23:50.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 01:19   #353
BHPian

Hoping to see the Stinger make an entry soon.

Perhaps late 2020 / early 2021 ?

If they do assemble it in India, could we expect it to priced around the Superb or between that and below the C/A4
Mar21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 13:44   #354
BHPian

Info and Pic Courtesy of Trivandrum Indian Facebook Page

Trivandrum Folks: KIA showroom coming up at Venpalavattom. The Nissan showroom is getting converted to KIA showroom. Nissan moving to the defunct Skoda showroom on the opposite side.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Motors coming to India-facebook_1561622879292.jpg  

ask_017 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 13:51   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Does anyone have any information on Dealerships opening in Mumbai, especially Mumbai Suburbs? I am in the market for an upgrade to my 7 year old Honda Jazz. The Creta is more or less finalized but I am okay to hold on till the Kia Seltos launch. I have not seen a single Kia showroom coming up in the Suburbs, so worried about the dealership and service strength.
Navi Mumbai dealership is opening up on the Sion Panvel highway in Juinagar. It is right next to BMW and about 200 Mtrs away from MG motors dealership.

It looks like they have selected a building which is under construction which may mean that it will take time for everything to be in place, unlike MG which moved into a constructed building.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 16:03   #356
BHPian

New video shared on Kia YT page

Games Goblin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 17:27   #357
BHPian

I saw an exclusive service centre of Kia on budigere road just 300m after passing decathlon omr at budigere cross, Bangalore
Old 28th June 2019, 11:44   #358
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea where in Chennai is the Kia dealership coming?
Old 28th June 2019, 13:26   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Kia is taking a top down approach in India with bigger cars first and smaller cars later. Namely, They have Picanto which is their smaller offering but no news whether its coming or not.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 18:28   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Does anyone have an idea where in Chennai is the Kia dealership coming?
A showroom is coming up on Anna Salai near TVS where the erstwhile VST Motors was.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks