Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 18:07   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Why would you open a showroom when the launch date of your first car is not so near. All the leaks we have read so far suggests a Jun-Sep qtr for the launch and then we have this dealer showing cars which might not even see the light of the day in near future. I wonder what it would achieve for Kia.

MG on the other hand, restricted themselves to Malls for a showcase than actual showrooms. I would love to see Kia car popping up next month in Market but it looks unlikely.
Actually you never know. Kia commenced trial production on Jan 29th 2019 and it is highly possible they may be in a position to Launch the Sp2 by April, 3 months ahead pf schedule! The gap between Trial production and launch for global manufacturers is not more than 2-3 months. You can be sure that Kia's cars given to media will be excellent fit and finish, unlike what Tata had given for Harrier. Also they will build up enough launch stocks to start immediate delivery for substantial numbers as their plant can build 300,000 cars in a year!
Behemoth is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 15:06   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Why would you open a showroom when the launch date of your first car is not so near. All the leaks we have read so far suggests a Jun-Sep qtr for the launch and then we have this dealer showing cars which might not even see the light of the day in near future. I wonder what it would achieve for Kia.

MG on the other hand, restricted themselves to Malls for a showcase than actual showrooms. I would love to see Kia car popping up next month in Market but it looks unlikely.
Kia doesn't want to leave any stone unturned. They seem to have come fully prepared, no doubt taking all the inputs from Hyundai, and want to show how serious they're about the Indian market. They finished building their manufacturing facility very early, have started trial production and now started opening up showrooms. General ads have started appearing on TV, slowly introducing themselves to the general Indian public. They're not even trying to piggyback Hyundai and want to make their own identity. Kudos to them for all the effort!

MG on the other hand showcased their Chinese cars in the malls, as per reports, even some of the promotional materials being in Chinese. IMO, they should showcase their British heritage strongly and avoid any connection to China, which may have negative effect on Indian buyers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4512695 (MG to showcase its global products in 10 cities)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th February 2019 at 16:20. Reason: fixed typo
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:09   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Kia Motors' first dealership in India opens in Noida. The first dealership is called Allied Motors and has the Stinger GT and the Rio on display as per the news report.
This is owned by T&T Motors and recently was setup as a showcase store. Dealers from all over India visited here. We can expect other dealers to open stores on similar pattern in coming months.

Quote:
Why would you open a showroom when the launch date of your first car is not so near
Yes, the cars are around 6 months away but time does fly. Having a set guidelines for all is important and maybe they wanted to have a physical store in place which becomes reference for others. They might be supporting this dealership for a while.

Quote:
MG on the other hand, restricted themselves to Malls for a showcase than actual showrooms.
Can talk about Chandigarh where Krishna Auto will be operating from their own space in a Mall. They have similar sizes showroom in the same - Elante Mall for Volvo & Triumph. Workshop is being made at another place in Industrial Area. Given the high rentals/ costs, having a sales showroom at high footfall area & workshop at some cheaper place is surely a good strategy, in the beginning at least. KIA on the other hand is going very aggressive and they are going for large dealers/ showrooms.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th February 2019 at 16:11.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 20:48   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Can talk about Chandigarh where Krishna Auto will be operating from their own space in a Mall. They have similar sizes showroom in the same - Elante Mall for Volvo & Triumph. Workshop is being made at another place in Industrial Area. Given the high rentals/ costs, having a sales showroom at high footfall area & workshop at some cheaper place is surely a good strategy, in the beginning at least. KIA on the other hand is going very aggressive and they are going for large dealers/ showrooms.
When I spoke with Mr Rajiv Chaba, he did mention that they were planning not to persuade dealers to build Taj Mahals as showrooms. I guess they will start like this and build proper showrooms once volumes are achieved
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:27   #305
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this Kia Optima last night on Gold Course Road, Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Motors coming to India-optima1.png  

Kia Motors coming to India-optima-2.png  

Kia Motors coming to India-optima-3.png  

//M is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:13   #306
Senior - BHPian

Kia launches its promotional campaign in India

Kia Motors has launched its first brand promotion campaign called ‘Magical Inspirations, Stunning Designs’ on television and digital platforms.

Kia Motors coming to India-kia-ad.jpg

The campaign kicked off with the release of teasers featuring an astronaut, tiger, firefly, humming bird, ballerina, Felix the cat and a footballer around a Kia car. According to the company, its models draw inspiration from the qualities of each of these characters.

Kia is gearing up to launch its first product in India in the second half of 2019. The Kia SP2i will be manufactured at the Ananthapur factory, where trial production commenced in January 2019. Kia is also rumoured to launch the Carnival MPV and a cross-hatch in the Indian market, however there has been no official word yet regarding these models.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 17:14   #307
Senior - BHPian

Really liking the ad campaign for India. Very good ad!! The car pictured in the ad is a Stinger isn't it?
Old 19th March 2019, 17:54   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Kia launches its promotional campaign in India

Kia Motors has launched its first brand promotion campaign called ‘Magical Inspirations, Stunning Designs’ on television and digital platforms.

Attachment 1860772

The campaign kicked off with the release of teasers featuring an astronaut, tiger, firefly, humming bird, ballerina, Felix the cat and a footballer around a Kia car. According to the company, its models draw inspiration from the qualities of each of these characters.

Link to Team-BHP News
Seeing the very high frequency of the advertising campaign of Kia now, it seems they are readying for the Kia SP2 (aka Tusker) launch now. Initially 1 month they would spend in brand building ads like this and then eventually get down to advertise the actual vehicle that they will be selling in India.
Here is the best rendering I have seen so far of the car (Courtesy KKSStudios)
Kia Motors coming to India-kiatuskerrendered-1.jpg

My guess is they should be ready to launch and may finally launch after the elections are over in India. The election scenario may hold back quite a few launches as companies are wary of change in government policies.

Last edited by Behemoth : 19th March 2019 at 17:59.
Behemoth is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 19:39   #309
Senior - BHPian

Been picking Kia more in US with fleet operators during my visits. The interiors are too plain. Since they are fleet sales, the features could be less but still the thing you see on the outside is not really visible inside. Hope the SUVs they introduce here have good quality interiors and features.

Last edited by srishiva : 19th March 2019 at 19:41.
Old 26th March 2019, 14:45   #310
BHPian

I have used Kia a lot when I was in NZ and its a nice sturdy car. The Sportage is well designed and you never feel its out of place as NZ roads are always the curvy ones like the ghat sections as its all mountains. The vehicle will make you feel grounded wit a good suspension never for once make you to slow down or to be scared of the roads
Old 9th April 2019, 20:55   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Am I the only one who can't make head or tail of this ad?

The Stinger is a looker though!!

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 09:46. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 10:52   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Am I the only one who can't make head or tail of this ad?
+1. They say they've taken inspiration from all those elements to design their cars, but the only thing that's understandable to me is the tiger nose grille that's inspired from the tiger. That's also something I know because the grille is called as such in various forums/reviews, the ad itself doesn't convey that.

IMO, MG seems to be doing a much better job at marketing their brand and the Hector to the Indian public
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 11:05   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
IMO, MG seems to be doing a much better job at marketing their brand and the Hector to the Indian public
As confusing as Kia's ad might be - just look at the views received - 155 million! For reference, Wikipedia estimates the middle class in India as 600 million people.

This doesn't even cover the huge campaigns they are running on TV. Sometimes I get irritated because Kia ads come twice in an advertisement break - during prime hours.

MG is surely doing a brilliant job on its own right - but is no match for the amount of money Kia seems to be pumping into their marketing campaign.
Old 10th April 2019, 11:12   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As confusing as Kia's ad might be - just look at the views received - 155 million! For reference, Wikipedia estimates the middle class in India as 600 million people.

This doesn't even cover the huge campaigns they are running on TV. Sometimes I get irritated because Kia ads come twice in an advertisement break - during prime hours.

MG is surely doing a brilliant job on its own right - but is no match for the amount of money Kia seems to be pumping into their marketing campaign.
Add to that the brand recall, or rather brand name connect. Don't know how and why, but people (general public) are more receptive to Kia than to MG. Perhaps because the brand name sounds to Japanese/Korean lineage, something that Indians are very receptive to, as compared to European/US ones.

Kia is going to be the Nexa for Hyundai, I think, even better - they have a good lineup of good looking cars.
Old 15th April 2019, 13:51   #315
BHPian

"No Indians allowed, only Koreans" restaurant popping up near Kia Motors factory.

I couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this but since it closely relates to KIA Motors coming up in India, I thought of sharing this.

Please delete if inappropriate.

RavSam is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks