Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2020, 14:24   #256
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

Sad state of Honda in India today. It was one of my favourite companies before BMW came to India. The first gen city VTEC and the 7th gen Honda accord v6 were one of my favourite cars when they were launched.
At one time City, Civic, Accord, even CR-V were the segment benchmarks with good sales too. Look at their range now.

My wishlist for Honda within the next 2 years would be

1. Use your 2500 CBU imports to bring the Civic type R, maybe in allotments of 250 units, upto 750 units/year. At a 35 lakh showroom price it will sell.
2. Equip Indian Civic with Diesel automatic and bring the 1.5 VTEC-turbo in Auto and manual guise
3. Accord Hybrid in CKD form and price it 1-2L lesser than Camry hybrid, which has more features.
4. Get the 2.4 Vtec back in CRV and the 160hp turbo diesel, both with AWD.
5. If you can price the HR-V at Creta/Seltos level or even lower bring it. If not don't bother.
6. If not the new Jazz, atleast get back the old Jazz with magic seats and 6 airbags and more features. Diesel auto and city's 1.5 petrol in auto and manual as top versions would be welcome. Even at a price of 2L over the Jazz we have now it will sell.

Wishful thinking though..
Old 13th July 2020, 09:47   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HR-V spied in Honda’s Stockyard in Rajasthan
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-d60fa64cc37844d0bd8746dc77e6db99.jpeg  

Old 13th July 2020, 10:02   #258
Senior - BHPian

They would price it above Creta/Seltos. Closer to the top end Harrier ? Would be too costly for the size on offer. When they cant price the ones they manufacture here, CBUs will be dead on arrival. They need volumes for which they need to think different. The design is also not all that appealing vs Seltos.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

Honda HR-V Launch In India Still Under Consideration.

Honda Cars India Limited President Gaku Nakanishi has revealed that the automaker finds the HR-V to be the right fit to take on midsize SUVs in India.

It will come with Civic’s powertrains when launched here.

https://www.motorbeam.com/honda-hr-v...consideration/
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:54   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda has now started working on the next-gen HR-V mid-sized SUV, which is rumoured to be unveiled in May 2021. The new model will mark the debut of brand’s new Honda Global Platform. It will also grow in size and will measure around 4.4 meters in length. The SUV will directly rival the Jeep Compass and the Toyota Corolla Cross in the International markets.

Speaking to FE, Gaku Nakanishi, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Limited said that the price cap between the WR-V and the CR-V is about Rs 20 lakh, and the brand will need an SUV that fits into that space. “Globally, we have the HR-V that appears to be the right fit” – he further added. The company is studying this segment and will decide on how and when to enter the India mid-sized SUV segment.

For India, Honda is rumoured to be working on an all-new sub-4 meter SUV and a mid-sized SUV based on the new Amaze platform.
Source
Old 24th July 2020, 19:14   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda HR-V Launch In India Still Under Consideration.
Honda Cars India Limited President Gaku Nakanishi has revealed that the automaker finds the HR-V to be the right fit to take on midsize SUVs in India.
Well! By the time the bosses at Honda decide, if at all, to bring the HR-V home, Volkswagen-Skoda would already have the compelling Taigun on offer.

What is more likely to happen is that the City will have a Hybrid line with a feature or two added.

Honda just don't seem to be able to think beyond the City!
Old 24th July 2020, 21:02   #262
Senior - BHPian

Too little, too late. This thread is 4 years old. In these 4 years, Hyundai is onto its second avatar and Honda is still mulling.

Also, newer SUVs, full-size or mini, are going old school in looks. Boxy, butch with ruler straight lines. HRV's arcing roof looks dated and hatchback like. Roofline, bonnet and window line has to be flat to give that true SUV look. Curves are not ok on SUVs.
Old 25th July 2020, 08:29   #263
Senior - BHPian

If the all new HRV is supposed to go up against the Corolla Cross and the Jeep Compass, then there is no way that this car will ever be in the Creta/Seltos space in India! So my guess is that Honda will not bring this in its true form to india. I remember reading somewhere that Honda may look at building a Creta rival using the platform of the new Amaze. Im not sure if that platform allows for it build this size of a car, but it could be possible.
Old 11th September 2020, 18:07   #264
BHPian

While we don't know when the Honda HRV will launch in India, we keep getting these news articles every now & then.. Here is another one with the renders of how it would possibly look like in it's new avatar next year. Looks good? At least I feel so!

But I so wanted this to be in Creta Seltos range than Compass. The 1.8l petrol engine on it rules that out for sure!

New Honda HRV Rendered
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-hondahrvrenderingfront.jpg  

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honday-hrv-rendering-back.jpg  

Aditya Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 20:07   #265
BHPian

Honda deliberating on their India portfolio reminds me of a very powerful statement on strategy from the CFO of a multinational corporation I used to work for. He had said, "strategy is as much about knowing what you don't want to do as what you want to". Unfortunately, the Japanese giant seems to have missed this crucial lesson in the India context.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 22:01   #266
BHPian

I have seen this thread and posted earlier too and it pains me as much as Honda lovers how lackadaisical this company has been. What have they been studying so long not to come to a conclusion ? 5 years down already and still reading articles that they are reviewing the Indian market. Look at Kia and how they have changed the game while scoring big! Honda Hrv is not even a premium crossover in my opinion ( I have sat on it on multiple occasions in Singapore as Grab taxi). It is good but some elements like the centre console Head units and all are pretty average. I love the exterior and would love to own this but can't wrap around my head as to why Honda is contemplating since eternity ? We now have a slew of Suv's and Crossovers to choose from and next year Skoda will be bringing in their steeds in the Indian market.

Hrv 2021 renders look great and I think this is the last chance Honda will get to get this car into the India market. Bring it on Honda!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks