Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 10:41   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

The build quality is certainly better than Duster. Seats are better than Duster. Little bit compact on inside, considering the price. And certainly is not niggle free.

Last edited by fz_rider : 9th February 2018 at 10:42.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:16   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Captur can be now declared as the latest dud from the french manufacturer, consistently does sell in 3 digit volumes. January sales at 376 units.
Ironically the CAPTUR in Europe is the largest selling Crossover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Which kind of prove that the name change eye-wash did not really work for them.
Apart from maybe having crossover looks, credit in showing Capture its place IMHO goes to this thread by Crazy Driver:The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:11   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
There has been no posts from you sir, post your inspection of the RXE Petrol. Hope the RTO has given the approval. Please do let us know of any updates.

A colleague of mine is very interested in the RXT Petrol but it seems dealers here in Bhubaneswar are yet to receive the TD vehicles.
Unfortunately till today no confirmation from the dealer regarding RTO approvals. End of Jan they had emailed me saying they would deliver the vehicle by end of Feb first week. Today is that day no word from them!

The last I spoke was on Monday the Sales manager at Renault Kilpauk said persons from Renault are at the RTO sorting out the issue and he will get back. I am awaiting his call!

I have stopped calling them as they seemed not to be bothered even after I had replied to the email saying I would consider cancelling the booking if the delivery does not happen by 08/02/18.

The monthly sales of the Captur are nothing to write about to top that dealers are goofing up by not keeping up to delivery schedules.

There is some taxation case going on between Tamil Nadu Government and Renault India I wonder whether the RTO approvals are withheld for Renault because of this.

Definitely it should not take more than a month to get the RTO approval!

I had lodged a complaint through Twitter with Renault India.A couple of times I got calls from their call centre asking about the issue and they would take the dealer to task. After that the Sales manager from Renault Kilpauk had called and emailed but no resolution has been reached.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 12:26   #634
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you post your question to Renault on their FB page? The dealer may be misleading you to clear his inventory. The taxation case is between Nissan and TN State government. Escalate this to Sumit Sawhney.

Last edited by deehunk : 9th February 2018 at 12:28.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:53   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Why don't you post your question to Renault on their FB page? The dealer may be misleading you to clear his inventory. The taxation case is between Nissan and TN State government. Escalate this to Sumit Sawhney.
I deleted my FB account

I was searching for Sumit Sawhney's twitter page I guess he is not a member. If anyone can post his email ID would be great.

Correct me if I am wrong is not Renault-Nissan are operating a joint venture plant in Tamil Nadu?

Also couple of days back in the Hindu it was mentioned as Renault in the news item about this taxation case.
Old 9th February 2018, 14:26   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I deleted my FB account

I was searching for Sumit Sawhney's twitter page I guess he is not a member. If anyone can post his email ID would be great.
The taxation case is not an obstacle, posted your problem on Renault FB page, got an instant reply from them.

Sameer, I checked the messenger link, it is genuine. I suggest you talk to Renault team. The other option is to find a dealer outside Chennai and check what they have to say about RTO approval
Attached Images

Last edited by deehunk : 9th February 2018 at 14:41. Reason: add info
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:35   #637
BHPian

Quote:
The taxation case is not an obstacle, posted your problem on Renault FB page, got an instant reply from them.

Thanks a lot and also I have emailed Sumit Sawhney about the issue thank you for giving the email address.

Also is it possible to find out from their FB response team whether they have got RTO approvals for Renault Captur Petrol vehicles in Tamil Nadu?

Thanks!!
Old 9th February 2018, 14:36   #638
BHPian

Sameer,

My experience with a Duster AWD since December 2015 is not very satisfying. I would definitely not buy a Renault vehicle in the future. My previous two vehicles were Maruti and I made a bad decision to switch over to Renault, believing that the Duster AWD was an awesome vehicle. Most of the time it is, but the couple of breakdowns and cost of maintenance does not leave me with a good impression of the vehicle and the company. I would recommend to cancel the booking and go for another vehicle; preferably Maruti.
Old 10th February 2018, 08:50   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Sameer,

My experience with a Duster AWD since December 2015 is not very satisfying. I would definitely not buy a Renault vehicle in the future.
Hi Saji, I was reading one of your post from mid 2017, you looked very happy with your Duster AWD. Please share your experience for a change of opinion in 6 months.
Old 10th February 2018, 17:11   #640
BHPian

Renault India's CEO & MD, Sumit Sawhney's interview with CarAndBike at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo.

As per Mr. Sawhney, they are still in the process of launching the Captur in India and he is still harping on about how the Captur is a "design marvel" and a "stylish SUV"

Duster facelift is still not coming to India in near future as they had provided an update last year. I think they might consider bringing in the Duster facelift earlier if the Captur tanks (which it already has as per general consensus here on Team BHP)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 01:35   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
As per Mr Sawhney, they are still in the process of launching the Captur in India and he is still harping on about how the Captur is a "design marvel" and a "stylish SUV"
Yes, Captur is a design marvel and Duster a discount marvel. The brand has seen a 21% drop in sales in January 2018, he is boasting about innovative stickering jobs executed on Kwid. Wonder can they show courage to sell the Duster without discounts.

Last edited by deehunk : 11th February 2018 at 01:55.
Old 11th February 2018, 10:08   #642
Senior - BHPian

Renault has been actually spending quite a bit on the Captur in terms of marketing spends. I have been seeing Captur TV ads for a long time now, do not remember any brand spending so much on TV ads off late.

Initially they were these short ads during F1 races and now they have slightly longer Ads on every channel! Plus newspapers, digital marketing etc!

All this money could have gone in to genuinely developing a ground up good product for India and it would have sold automatically!
Old 11th February 2018, 12:19   #643

Quote:
Yes, Captur is a design marvel and Duster a discount marvel.
To add even the Kwid is now a 'painted marvel' (owing to the Marvel comic characters stickering job)

On a serious note, just about everyone in my friend circle who were waiting for the Capture launch have been left disappointed after checking out the car. Wish Renault took the Indian car market seriously as pointed out by so many folks in teambhp threads.
UsualSuspect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 12:38   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
To add even the Kwid is now a 'painted marvel' (owing to the Marvel comic characters stickering job)

On a serious note, just about everyone in my friend circle who were waiting for the Captur launch have been left disappointed after checking out the car. Wish Renault took the Indian car market seriously as pointed out by so many folks in teambhp threads.
It can be termed as Painter's marvel, buddy, it is Captur and not Capture. I am waiting to see how long will they run the show with this kind of attitude.
Old 11th February 2018, 13:17   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Renault has been actually spending quite a bit on the Captur in terms of marketing spends. I have been seeing Captur TV ads for a long time now, do not remember any brand spending so much on TV ads off late.

Initially they were these short ads during F1 races and now they have slightly longer Ads on every channel! Plus newspapers, digital marketing etc!
Ads and marketing campaigns are hardly effective if the vehicle itself is not available with the dealers. Plus they should have come out with all guns blazing by launching diesel, petrol, automatic and AWD. But till now only the diesel manual is available with the dealers, Renault is launching the petrol manual only now. Still no automatic and AWD.

A colleague of mine is waiting since 3 months for the petrol variant test drive vehicle to reach the dealership but nothing so far.

The scam they tried to pull off initially by marketing the Indian Captur as the European one shows that they actually don't have faith on their own product. They could have easily retained the Kaptur monicker and marketed it as a crossover based on the Duster platform aimed at customers who want the same ride and handling as the Duster with better interiors and more sophisticated (less rugged) looks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks