Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 17:34   #106
BHPian

re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post
Does this mean that the AWD version will also be discontinued as it came with 110 PS? AWD was a great USP for Duster IMO. Had a secret crush on this one. Sad to see another great performer go along with the Jetta.
I dont know from where Overdrive got this info, but i can still see 110PS version in the Renault website in all variants except RxE.
deerhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 13:20   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault's Kaptur and Nissan's Kicks both rumored to be launched in India. As seen in the Duster - Terrano duel, will the Kicks play second fiddle to Kaptur( in monthly sales figures) and how they stack up as reviewed in Brazil,
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-11.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-22.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-33.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-44.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-55.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-66.jpg
1. In the sales volume game Kaptur seems to score as it comes at a lower price.
2. Styling - Nissan Kicks has the advantage of seen as more aggressive.
3. Interiors - Kaptur uses hard plastics while Kicks has a more premium feel.
Kicks has the advantage of being more fresh in design, a 7-inch LCD screen that shows several functions of the car (Rev counter, GPS coordinates, information radio, trip computer, dynamic chassis control.
4. Space - Advantage is with Kaptur, larger due to the longer wheel base including better headroom.

Performance - Kicks has the advantage being lesser in weight even despite the fact the Kaptur has a bigger engine, better fuel consumption, better acceleration and precise Kaptur has the outdated 4 speed AT.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2017 at 13:30.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 15:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

With smart pricing and marketing Kicks (Nissan) has the potential to turn the tables on Renault this time around in India.
I'm surprised that the Kaptur braking system does not have EBD.
Old 11th March 2017, 20:07   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kaptur India Launch in October 2017 ,

LINK
Old 20th March 2017, 21:13   #110
BHPian

Finally, Creta will have some competition with Kaptur and Kicks coming in along with the new S-Cross rumored to be unveiled during this year.

The USP of Katpur among these IMO is the AWD unless Suzuki surprises us with the AllGrip system which is highly unlikely.
Old 27th March 2017, 15:55   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

A Kaptur test mule was spotted by a Rush Lane reader, with a Duster towing along (possibly as a benchmark car).

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots5.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots2.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots3.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots7.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots12.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-renaultkapturhhaindiaspyshots9.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 16:42   #112
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does the Captur look a bit more squat than the Duster. It does seem to be riding a bit low, rear suspension looks compressed. Maybe due to testing equipment loaded in the back ?
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 08:19   #113
BHPian

Whatever Renault does on the outside to the Duster and gives it a new set of clothes in the form of this 'K'aptur, the interior seems to remain the same. Renault doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. Duster is currently let down by extremely poor quality of interiors and the same will be carried over going by the russian videos on YouTube.
For eg., the so called 'Touchscreen MediaNav' the same bad looking reflective, non responsive, flimsy TFT screen with unbearable UI/UX with no Android Auto/Apple carplay is the same unit on a 3Lac Kwid, 15 lac Duster, Lodgy, probably 17 lac Kaptur and I'm sure they'll carry it over to their upcoming 'premium' products coming even in 2020.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A Kaptur test mule was spotted by a Rush Lane reader, with a Duster towing along (possibly as a benchmark car).
Good to see there's no 7 seater non-sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Renault doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. Duster is currently let down by extremely poor quality of interiors and the same will be carried over going by the russian videos on YouTube.
Oh they know! I visited atleast 4 Renault different dealerships in 3 cities over December - January and after the TD, when they asked me how the experience was, it went on like this.. "it's a good vehicle but...." "SA: Interiors are a disappointment?" .. Everytime! 4 times, exactly same conversation!

There is no way that dealerships, over the year, haven't forwarded the feedback to the Company but I think Renault doesn't care. They launch a new vehicle, see some enthusiasm in the market, and bestow it with whatever little they've in their kitty.

Heck, Nissan has the courage to pick scrap from Renault's store and launch it as a facelift, at a price-point above Duster
Nonstop-driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 07:32   #115
Team-BHP Support

I think what they need to realize is the fact that whole is more than sum of its parts. To illustrate it better, just providing soft touch plastics here and there or providing all the features alone will not suffice. At the price points they intend to market the product; its the overall user experience of owning the product which counts (assuming all elemental requirements are a given). And that is what they need to deliver.

Hyundai did not get there with a revolution. It was an evolution. Renault (and in fact all of them) needs to realize, this cannot happen with a one trick pony. One needs to sustain it product-on-product; year-on-year.

Last edited by ampere : 30th March 2017 at 07:33.
ampere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 10:22   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Heck, Nissan has the courage to pick scrap from Renault's store and launch it as a facelift, at a price-point above Duster
I guess that's the agreement within the alliance. Nissan took Duster from Renault, so they need to price it higher. Similarly if you see, the Pulse and Scale cousins of Micra and Sunny are priced higher than the Nissan.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 10:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK the agreement is such that the "facelift" car can be sold a minimum of USD1000 more than the ex-factory price of the "original" car. In India they have stipulated 1 USD = INR 50 so a margin of Rs. 50K. Also any facelift done in the original car can be implemented in the "facelifted" version only after a year. That's what I read IIRC. May be I am wrong here.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 22:31   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kaptur test mule was spotted on the streets of Chennai earlier today by Twitter user Jose T Medayil.

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-c9nssrqvoaaj0uj.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-c9nsymmv0ae0zxv.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-c9nsdhdv0ae4jx.jpg

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-c9nshcvuwaa5yww.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 11:40   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Oh they know! I visited atleast 4 Renault different dealerships in 3 cities over December - January and after the TD, when they asked me how the experience was, it went on like this.. "it's a good vehicle but...." "SA: Interiors are a disappointment?" .. Everytime! 4 times, exactly same conversation!
I own a 4WD Duster RXZ from Feb 2015. There are two primary gripes that I have.

The first is very poor leg-space at the rear. If a tall person sits in the front in comfort then the rear passengers will be cramped. They seem to have addressed this in the Kaptur by giving more legspace and eating up some boot space.

The second is that poorly designed dashboard. The NAV/System is placed low, making you look down each time you want to see the NAV and this is risky. Secondly there is no place to keep your phone except in the open areas on top of the dash which results in your phone literally getting baked in the hot sun.

Looking at the Kaptur interiors and to read that it is coming with a 4-Speed automatic, I think Renault is really smoking some good stuff. We recently bought a creta for our Finance Manager and the interiors are way better designed than the Duster. Not to mention clutch replacement on the 110 that costs anywhere from 50K to 75K including flywheel change. The flywheel also has to be changed on the 110 along with clutch.

When Duster was launched, there was virtually no competition, but now there is EcoSport, Creta, Vitara Breza, S-Cross, etc, etc..

The only reason I would pick the Duster over the others is the brilliant ride and handling especially in the 4WD version with rear independent suspension. But, I am sure that most of the others will expect some decent interiors.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 13:34   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The only reason I would pick the Duster over the others is the brilliant ride and handling especially in the 4WD version with rear independent suspension. But, I am sure that most of the others will expect some decent interiors.
I took my time deciding between Duster vs the competition. Despite ride quality being the primary requirement, what put me off Duster were 2 things that I learnt in my 3rd test drive:
1. Anybody can open the entire car's door lock. A child sitting in the rear has to pull the knob to unlock the entire car. Not sure if it bothers everyone as much as it bothers me, especially with the 'knock knock' gang being active in Delhi NCR.
2. Really odd shortcomings like the vehicle rolling off on a slope when parked in gear with parking brake. The SA had no answer except blaming the abuse dealt with the TD vehicle. Other oddities I learnt on internet, like water seeping into dashboard, injector issues etc.

I really hope Renault looks at these issues. They've a Gang of Dusters group run by the Company itself. Take their feedback, work on it. Duster has been successful in India but the legacy is not strong enough to recall customers for Kaptur.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks