Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 10:49   #451
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Update:

The car allotted to me has reached the dealer and stored at the yard in Bhiwandi. We have now rescheduled earlier delivery for 2nd October if the dealership is working or else 3rd October. The registration formalities will start next week once I make the full payment in a couple of days.

Excited yes. More excited since my solo trip for this year is scheduled in October which was going to be done in the Jazz but now it would be the V-cross. Pondicherry is a long drive and should be fun.
Old 20th September 2016, 12:11   #452
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

I had the stereo installed from motor concept, pioneer f80bt, and can't get good radio reception. Motor concept guys suggested that this is due to the connector being unavailable. Anyone else facing this issue?
The antenna was probably not connected properly. Have it checked. I have good radio reception.
Old 20th September 2016, 12:55   #453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what exactly is a RaceChip, what does it do, and how does one get it installed?
I bought this online from their US site, but they do have a dealer in Delhi which I was not aware before. Due to the position of the common rail connector, I was having troubles in doing self so went to Auto Marc. Even though I have bought the chip from outside, they helped in installation. It changes the behaviour of Truck completely and I will definitely recommend this to anyone. It costed me about $ 525 freight paid + Customs of around 12 K which is about same what local guys charge ( 48K or so )

https://www.google.com/maps/place/28....2335892?hl=en

Coming to your query on the module

What is Chiptuning?
Chiptuning is an innovative way to increase your vehicle’s speed and performance, while also improving gas mileage. It works by using one of two methods—either an electronic control module (power box) or OBD tuning—to modify the electronic control unit (ECU) attached to your vehicle’s engine. The ECU is the standard “black box” that provides signals for ignition, injection and exhaust regulation to the engine.

https://www.racechip-usa.com/support...f-explanation/

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th September 2016 at 12:56.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 23:25   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I bought this online from their US site, but they do have a dealer in Delhi which I was not aware before. Due to the position of the common rail connector, I was having troubles in doing self so went to Auto Marc. Even though I have bought the chip from outside, they helped in installation. It changes the behaviour of Truck completely and I will definitely recommend this to anyone. It costed me about $ 525 freight paid + Customs of around 12 K which is about same what local guys charge ( 48K or so )

https://www.google.com/maps/place/28....2335892?hl=en

Coming to your query on the module

What is Chiptuning?
Chiptuning is an innovative way to increase your vehicle's speed and performance, while also improving gas mileage. It works by using one of two methods—either an electronic control module (power box) or OBD tuning—to modify the electronic control unit (ECU) attached to your vehicle's engine. The ECU is the standard "black box" that provides signals for ignition, injection and exhaust regulation to the engine.

https://www.racechip-usa.com/support...f-explanation/

What made you go with race chip over Racedynamics? Can you please give a brief over the important considerations while selecting the tuning chip.
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:06   #455
BHPian

Mod Note: Our V-Cross Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
After the Delhi trip, with all kinds of two wheelers trying to squeeze through, nicking and scraping and scratching, especially the side fenders, have you looked at the possibility of some sort of a protective bull bar or even a complete change from fiber to metal?

Last few months have been brutal on my cars, and I am frustrated enough to contemplate protective iron cladding all around. Or just go out and get a tank. With a mounted machine gun, preferably.
Attaching two pictures of kitted out Vcrosses owned by members of a pan India group that we have. Anyone crazy enough to come weaving into their cars will sustain enough damage to prematurely put their crumple zones to a fiery test. One of the cars is owned by Zac who is the India dealer for Ironman. The other of another member of our group is kitted out with ARB protective gear.

So get it kitted similarly and then wait for people to come and kiss you Vcross in traffic
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img20160919wa0019.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img20160917wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2016 at 16:22. Reason: Linking to review :). Please repost these pics there. Thanks!
mani is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks